PDA

View Full Version : Skiing questions and a request for templates in .psp format

XyZspineZyX
07-09-2003, 02:21 PM
First let me preface this by the fact I am just starting to get my feet wet with the whole skinning process. I figured out how to d/l and install skins created by other folks and now I want to try my hand at creating my own skins.

I have Photoshop and I was able to d/l a template from Sturmovik Technika website plus some tips from the skins section of Sturmovik.com. Armed with this I was able to create my own paint scheme, save it as a bitmap, install it in the skins folder and then use it during a mission.This was a major milestone for me. I am also a complete neophyte with Photoshop but I figure this is a good way to learn two things at one time.

I have realized though I need to start out with a template in the .psp format so I can color it in photoshop. I tried to read some more on converting plain (void.bmp) skins to the .psp format but I think that's beyond me right now. What I'd like to know is if there are blank skin templates available already in the .psp format that I can d/l to start playing around with and sharpen my skills.

I also found some neat stuff to d/l from Skinners Heaven (national markings, etc.) and I'd like to know how I can use these markings on the skins I create.

If anyone has help or suggestions please let me know.

Johann

XyZspineZyX
07-09-2003, 02:21 PM
First let me preface this by the fact I am just starting to get my feet wet with the whole skinning process. I figured out how to d/l and install skins created by other folks and now I want to try my hand at creating my own skins.

I have Photoshop and I was able to d/l a template from Sturmovik Technika website plus some tips from the skins section of Sturmovik.com. Armed with this I was able to create my own paint scheme, save it as a bitmap, install it in the skins folder and then use it during a mission.This was a major milestone for me. I am also a complete neophyte with Photoshop but I figure this is a good way to learn two things at one time.

I have realized though I need to start out with a template in the .psp format so I can color it in photoshop. I tried to read some more on converting plain (void.bmp) skins to the .psp format but I think that's beyond me right now. What I'd like to know is if there are blank skin templates available already in the .psp format that I can d/l to start playing around with and sharpen my skills.

I also found some neat stuff to d/l from Skinners Heaven (national markings, etc.) and I'd like to know how I can use these markings on the skins I create.

If anyone has help or suggestions please let me know.

Johann

XyZspineZyX
07-09-2003, 02:25 PM
Post copied to our neat little skin forum:

http://forums.ubi.com/messages/overview.asp?name=paintschemes

XyZspineZyX
07-09-2003, 02:27 PM
Skiing can be very dangerous, I wouldnt recommend downhill this time of year but water skiing would be very refreshing in this weather.

--NJG26_Killa--

http://lbhskier37.freeservers.com/FW190.jpg .

"Ich bin ein Wuergerwhiner"

"The future battle on the ground will be preceded by battle in the air. This will determine which of the contestants has to suffer operational and tactical disadvantages and be forced throughout the battle into adoption compromise solutions." --Erwin Rommel

XyZspineZyX
07-09-2003, 02:37 PM
http://members.tirol.com/tvb.fuegen/deutsch/wi2.jpg

???

/i/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif

btw: ah, the early 90s...or is this another crime of fashion of the late 80s? /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif

---------------------------------------
S! Blue_Smiley - online as Farmerboy
Flying Il2 newbie-style since 2001

XyZspineZyX
07-09-2003, 03:03 PM
I actually hoped, this would be a skiing thread. /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-sad.gif

Anyone here been to Cervinia/Italy? I heard it's kinda boring for anyone but beginners. Is that right?

cheers/slush

http://dk.groups.yahoo.com/group/aktivitetsdage/files/Eurotrolls.gif

You can't handle the truth!
Col. Jessep