PDA

View Full Version : Is Steam releasing the game hours after it's supposed to be?

Pajeezy
09-28-2015, 09:41 PM
So I'm in Florida, which is 6 hours behind CEST. So that means the game should unlock here at 8 AM tomorrow (2 PM CEST). It's 4:38 PM here currently, and Steam is telling me the game won't unlock for approximately 21 hours. Does that mean Steam won't be unlocking it until 1-2 PM for me? (Which is actually 7-8 PM CEST). I'm confused.

WolvesCreek
09-28-2015, 10:01 PM
So I'm in Florida, which is 6 hours behind CEST. So that means the game should unlock here at 8 AM tomorrow (2 PM CEST). It's 4:38 PM here currently, and Steam is telling me the game won't unlock for approximately 21 hours. Does that mean Steam won't be unlocking it until 1-2 PM for me? (Which is actually 7-8 PM CEST). I'm confused.

Technically most steam games release at noon pacific time, all major releases on tuesday. i know its confusing but they go by west coast time (since they are in Washington).

I'm more interested to know if once you launch the game from Steam and it registers WITH uplay - if you'll need steam at all afterwords.

That way you could just play it via uplay and bypass Steam (and play it when Ubisoft "releases" it).

Do you see it in your uplay client yet?

Pajeezy
09-28-2015, 10:03 PM
Technically most steam games release at noon pacific time, all major releases on tuesday. i know its confusing but they go by west coast time (since they are in Washington).

I really just need to know if I have to wake up tomorrow at 8 AM or if I can just sleep in if it's gonna be like 1-2 PM haha

kbct
09-28-2015, 11:26 PM
If I log into Steam, it shows an unlock time corresponding to 8 AM tomorrow - which makes sense since I'm 6 hours behind CEST.

Pajeezy
09-28-2015, 11:43 PM
If I log into Steam, it shows an unlock time corresponding to 8 AM tomorrow - which makes sense since I'm 6 hours behind CEST.

I just checked again, and it is indeed corresponding to the correct time now. Awesome!