PDA

View Full Version : When will I be able to play this game?

Lanceupperkill
09-28-2015, 09:03 PM
It is the 29th here in Australia, got up early to play this game and I am unable to boot it. When will I be able to play this game? I can't see a count down or a time listed on the game in Uplay.

real_grofire
09-28-2015, 09:20 PM
its at 2 pm cest so its in 13:41 hours from now

Lanceupperkill
09-28-2015, 10:07 PM
Dang Nabbit, thanks for letting me know.

neqsum
09-29-2015, 12:39 AM
NZer here.

Bought the collector's edition, took the day off work, courier delivered this morning... physical copies are out in all the shops... but I can't play.

A bit miffed tbh.

Lanceupperkill
09-29-2015, 02:01 AM
Guess we will both have to have an all nighter!

Pulsifer88
09-29-2015, 07:57 AM
Game unlocks in 5 hours 10 mins, if anyone else is checking in on this thread who were unaware.

14:00 CEST (GMT+1)

Mind, that's when it unlocks.
That's the point where those who pre-ordered and pre-loaded the game will be able to start downloading the Small Day 1 Patch. (Unknown size.)
That's the point where those who pre-ordered physical copies and installed them will be able to start downloading the Large Day Patch. (13GB)
Once those are done, you will be able to start playing.

At what time will the game be considered "playable"? I'd say anything from 1-6 hours after that.

Launches like these are always, always, always fraught with issues. We have evidence that even the very largest companies, even with the best intent, ****s these things up. (Blizzard's Diablo 3, EA's SIM City 5, Square Enix's 2010 original FFXIV, EA's Battlefield 4, Microsoft/343's Halo MC Collection, the recent WB/Rocksteady Batman: Arkham Knight debacle.)

It's obviously not entirely a matter of will or resources. It's not chance, either, but video game companies often have to pour some ice into their blood and say "this will be rocky, but we'll come out on the other end." Is there a chance of HMM VII getting a rocky launch? Absolutely. What should we do about it?

How about we remain calm and not lose our ****?

Lanceupperkill
09-29-2015, 09:23 AM
Why couldn't the day one patch be downloaded earlier if it was good to go?

Pulsifer88
09-29-2015, 10:13 AM
Because it's the release of the finalized executable of the game. In essence, the day 1 patch - for the people who preloaded - is the last 1% of the game. (One of the side effects being, pirate crackers can't really start to work on it until they have this.)

The large version, for people who bought the physical copy, is a harder question to answer. The sheer size of it - 11.5GB, not 13,4 as I wrote earlier - is larger than most games. Even on my pretty good 50Mbit/s line, that would take about 40 minutes to download given 100% bandwidth usage. (And server-side capacity to match.) Not letting physical pre-orders preload to the state of the digital pre-orders was, in my considered opinion, unwise. Especially as physical-ed reinstalls from disc will have to do that every time. At least I hope they will release at least that day 1 patch as a standalone, so people can keep it on a storage hard-drive for future need.

They go into the rationale for the large size of the patch in their Final Countdown post (https://mmh7.ubi.com/en/blog/post/view/the-final-countdown). Summarized, they basically had to send what they had in mid-august to the disc printing presses in order to reach the September 29th release date goal. But they didn't stop working on it and the sum total of the changed files that major Day 1 Patch. That implies there were a lot of changes. Rather than letting the physical ed stand on its' own as an inferior version in the hands of those who wouldn't voluntarily update - including, let's remember, the press who reviews the launch state of the game - they made the Day 1 patch mandatory.

Lanceupperkill
09-29-2015, 01:01 PM
Makes sense, I went digital so hopefully the last minute patch won't be too big. Guess I will find out in an hour? Is that when it is out?

Fyrestorme
09-29-2015, 01:03 PM
Game unlocks in 5 hours 10 mins, if anyone else is checking in on this thread who were unaware.

14:00 CEST (GMT+1)

Mind, that's when it unlocks.
That's the point where those who pre-ordered and pre-loaded the game will be able to start downloading the Small Day 1 Patch. (Unknown size.)

LOL "small"

it's 3 ****ing gigabytes

and yes I did pre-load

oreofrijj
09-29-2015, 01:10 PM
It's 2.09 CEST and the game isn't released on Uplay yet... can't even patch... what's going on? -.-

NataliaDrumeva
09-29-2015, 01:13 PM
ye who did believe they will post it ON TIME at least once ?

I was a foo too.

Ubi-MoshiMoshi
09-29-2015, 01:16 PM
Hi Guys, the game is live.

Have fun!

Freddyftw
09-29-2015, 01:19 PM

Have fun!

And yet it can't be launched in Uplay.

Valderrama1990
09-29-2015, 01:19 PM
Cant be launched in uplay so its definitely not live yet.

oreofrijj
09-29-2015, 01:21 PM
Not working on Uplay... should have bought it on steam whyyyyy

Pulsifer88
09-29-2015, 01:23 PM
See this post.

https://mmh7.ubi.com/en/blog/post/view/m-m-heroes-vii-now-available#560a81d2adae376c78b51af9

Hello all, we are currently investigating the issues with the Uplay games not downloading. It seems those keys are linked to Uplay shop orders, could you please confirm me it is the case on your side? Sorry for the inconvenience. We will keep you updated!

DocMcJansen1
09-29-2015, 01:26 PM

Have fun!

Nope..it is NOT...can't download/play in uplay....have bought it in the uplay shop *sigh*

Valderrama1990
09-29-2015, 01:27 PM
That is total BS so its working on steam but not from their own shop wtf. dont they even test this ?!