PDA

View Full Version : Hurricane IIc

mike_espo
01-30-2004, 02:18 PM
I just got back into FB and have been having a wonderful time with the IIc. Wow those 4 Hispano 20mm!! At 150m convergence, you cannont miss. Yesterday, I got 5 online kills at greater green and virtual pilots and only got shot down once! Pretty good for me. It don't climb the best, but its pretty maneurverable. I wonder if it was really like that. With the weight of the 4 cannons, I would think it would be heavy. Anyway. Its was pretty fun. I wonder why no mixture for any of the Hurricane variants? Also, it would be nice for some ordinance like rockets or bombs to be carried. It would be awesome to move mud with those cannons!!

mike_espo
01-30-2004, 02:18 PM
I just got back into FB and have been having a wonderful time with the IIc. Wow those 4 Hispano 20mm!! At 150m convergence, you cannont miss. Yesterday, I got 5 online kills at greater green and virtual pilots and only got shot down once! Pretty good for me. It don't climb the best, but its pretty maneurverable. I wonder if it was really like that. With the weight of the 4 cannons, I would think it would be heavy. Anyway. Its was pretty fun. I wonder why no mixture for any of the Hurricane variants? Also, it would be nice for some ordinance like rockets or bombs to be carried. It would be awesome to move mud with those cannons!!

XyZspineZyX
01-30-2004, 03:04 PM
Hurries weren't much for "modification". While they could carry a 250kg bomb (I believe), they didn't have a rockets option. Even extra fuel had to be carried in non-jettisonable tanks. The pilots, naturally, hated them, because they took away the only benefit the Hurrie has as a fighter: maneuverabilty.

The IIC cannon versions were a welcome change to those who soldiered on with the 8 (or 12) Browning MGs of the Hurri I marks.

I believe there was also one version that was used in the N. Africa desert campaigns that carried a 40mm or something like that, but those were pretty rare.

blabla0001
01-30-2004, 03:08 PM
I saw old pics with Hurricane's with rocket rails under their wings a long time ago on the IL2 Center website.

XyZspineZyX
01-30-2004, 03:25 PM
Really? Some Russian field mod? I've never heard of such.

Platypus_1.JaVA
01-30-2004, 03:40 PM
not a russian field mod. It was the Hurricane MK.IV, used by the brits. They where used much in the same way like the Typhoon fighterbombers. I dunno any details. A google search will probably come up with good results.

1 Judge not, that ye be not judged.
2 For with what judgment ye judge,
ye shall be judged: and with what
measure ye mete, it shall be measured
to you again.

http://acompletewasteofspace.com/forum/index.php

Zyzbot
01-30-2004, 04:00 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Stiglr:
Really? Some Russian field mod? I've never heard of such.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

here is a link..diagram of Hurricane rockets

http://www3.mistral.co.uk/k5083/GALLERY.HTM

blabla0001
01-30-2004, 04:19 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Stiglr:
Really? Some Russian field mod? I've never heard of such.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

And the Russian Field Mods also carried rockets, at least it's what the object viewer says but apparently they forgot to add it in the game, just as the bombs.