PDA

View Full Version : How Come no Spitfires?????

XyZspineZyX
08-15-2003, 11:33 PM
Hi....

Just wondering how come one of the best and most celebrated planes of WW2 that of course being the Mark 1 Spitfire is not in this incredible WW2 flight simulator?

I know the British sent Spitfires to the Russians and they fought in the Russian front.....

So how come no Spits?????

Doesn't anyone else want to see any spitfires? To me its the most beautiful fighter of WW2.

If there were spits in the game we could then have a campaign map of southern England and France for a Battle of Britian campaign.

To me that would be the ultimate for this incredible game.

I have loved this game since the original IL2 release and have never gotten so much enjoyment out of a PC game before this one.

Just wondering if we might see some Spits in the near future?

CdnSpits....

XyZspineZyX
08-15-2003, 11:33 PM
Hi....

Just wondering how come one of the best and most celebrated planes of WW2 that of course being the Mark 1 Spitfire is not in this incredible WW2 flight simulator?

I know the British sent Spitfires to the Russians and they fought in the Russian front.....

So how come no Spits?????

Doesn't anyone else want to see any spitfires? To me its the most beautiful fighter of WW2.

If there were spits in the game we could then have a campaign map of southern England and France for a Battle of Britian campaign.

To me that would be the ultimate for this incredible game.

I have loved this game since the original IL2 release and have never gotten so much enjoyment out of a PC game before this one.

Just wondering if we might see some Spits in the near future?

CdnSpits....

XyZspineZyX
08-16-2003, 12:05 AM
Well before the whole cadre of people fly down and attack you for god knows what reason here's a very calm and considered approach.

IL2 as you are well aware of is primarily an Eastern front simulation. Spitfires were sent to the Eastern Front but in very low quanitites...(just off the top of my head, less than 200 - and most didn't see fighting if I remember). So the place of the Spitfire along the eastern front is not nearly as vivid or noticeable in the history books of the Eastern front.

On the Western front we of course see the Spitfire as one of those aircraft locked in an immortal battle for control of the skies over England.

Seeing as the Spitfire ranks in my all time top 10 favorite airplane of all time (alongside craft like the Tempest/Typhoon and the Corsair) I would also love to see this plane brought to Forgotten Battles...and I think we may be seeing a chance of this happening.

While I used to have pictures of the FB model nearing completion (I think it was an MK XIV - there was also Mk I and a Spit 22) I don't anymore and IL-2 Center's website is all messed up so you can't go there either.

But there is one in the works. HOPEFULLY, we may hear word on the development pages about the Spitfires that may be brought to us (and other planes we haven't heard about recently as well).

Many of us want to see this plane...it'll come I think.

http://freespace.volitionwatch.com/icefire/icefire_tempest.jpg
"Never in the field of human conflict was so much owed by so many to so few." - Winston Churchill

XyZspineZyX
08-16-2003, 04:57 AM
I am totally agree with you... why no Spitfire? Spitfire is so beautiful among all WW2 planes, which is so unset if we don't have it in the game. Besides, Ki-84 is an interesting situation: a Japanese fighter appear in the war between Russian and Germany. Well, I don't mean there should be no Ki-84, but meaning that please don't forget the Spitfire!

Thanks

XyZspineZyX
08-16-2003, 11:26 AM
re: [IL2 as you are well aware of is primarily an Eastern
- front simulation. Spitfires were sent to the
- Eastern Front but in very low quanitites...(just off
- the top of my head, less than 200 - and most didn't
- see fighting if I remember). So the place of the
- Spitfire along the eastern front is not nearly as
- vivid or noticeable in the history books of the
- Eastern front. ]

In my knowledge UK sent to Russia about 140 Spitfires V in 1943, and by the end of the war this had been added to by 1200 Spitfires V and IX. That isn't few, but of course ie. Hurries were up 3000. Spitfires were used ie. in Moscow defense. By me, this is good reason to add Spit's to FB.

XyZspineZyX
08-17-2003, 06:47 PM
Loook at that!!!!

http://www.netwings.org/dcforum/DCForumID43/19.html

Amazing, is not? /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-happy.gif

XyZspineZyX
08-17-2003, 07:15 PM
amazing? forget amazing. I want it!!!!!!

I'm a crappy pilot, but one hell of a shot.

XyZspineZyX
08-17-2003, 11:16 PM
OH MY GOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I almost *********d when I saw the pictures, I can´t wait. I hate luftwhiners, If they could, they would ban all but german planes. Did you read the Spitfire forum a two weeks ago? A almost threw up....tons of pages why not to add the spitfire in the game...they don´t want it in on-line gaming I suppose.....
Tally HO!!!

XyZspineZyX
08-17-2003, 11:18 PM
sorry for not being constructive and just whinning....

XyZspineZyX
08-18-2003, 03:37 AM
It's coming...along with the P-51,the B-17,the A6-M,the tempest,the P-38...just be patient.

<CENTER>http://www.world-wide-net.com/tuskegeeairmen/ta-1943.jpg <marquee><FONT COLOR="RED"><FONT SIZE="+1">"Straighten up.......Fly right..~S~"<FONT SIZE> </marquee> http://www.geocities.com/rt_bearcat

<CENTER><FONT COLOR="ORANGE">vflyer@comcast.net<FONT COLOR>
<Center><div style="width:200;color:red;font-size:18pt;filter:shadow Blur[color=red,strength=8)">99th Pursuit Squadron

XyZspineZyX
08-18-2003, 07:27 AM
I found nice wallpaper with this Spitfires.

<CENTER>http://republika.pl/krzysztof_mohaa/images/spitfire1.jpg

XyZspineZyX
08-18-2003, 04:25 PM
koniygn wrote:
- I am totally agree with you... why no Spitfire?
- Spitfire is so beautiful among all WW2 planes, which
- is so unset if we don't have it in the game.
- Besides, Ki-84 is an interesting situation: a
- Japanese fighter appear in the war between Russian
- and Germany. Well, I don't mean there should be no
- Ki-84, but meaning that please don't forget the
- Spitfire!
-
- Thanks
-
-

Spitfires were for sure one of key tools to winning WWII.
Love to see them fly!
For your information though, Soviet Union declared war on Japan and started to move army to it, with intentions to gently overrun it, like it did with Germany. This great war between SSSR and Japan didn't fully develop 'cause US nuked Japan twice and convinced it to surrender.

XyZspineZyX
08-18-2003, 04:32 PM
droooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oool !!!