PDA

View Full Version : Rainbow Six Siege Crashing on start up FIX

GingerGiraffe69
09-27-2015, 10:00 PM
I was having the same issue everyone else was. But most fixes weren't working for me

Disable the overlay = Did not work
Verify Files = Did not work
Reinstall = Did not work

How to Fix!
C:\Program Files (x86)\Ubisoft\Ubisoft Game Launcher\games\Rainbow Six Siege - Closed Beta
Scroll down to rainbow6.exe
Right click, Properties
Compatibility
Run this program in compatibility mode for
Windows 7

This is what made it work for me. If this doesn't work try running it in Windows Vista Pack 2 or 1

Hope this Helps!!

Vheom
09-27-2015, 10:30 PM
Didn't fix it for me, same issue

seb0209
09-27-2015, 11:42 PM
Nope, does not work. Windows 10 is OS and tried several compatibilty options, does not work. Splash Screen and crash without message.

eNeRGyBurns
11-27-2015, 08:43 PM
Just randomly closes the game.. without message.. crash gone nothing..
Hope they solve this.:mad:

BertOne84
12-28-2015, 05:54 PM
Had the same Issue. This fixed it for me:

1. Go to: C:\Users"yourName"\Documents\My Games\RainbowSix-Siege

2. Open the "GameSettings.ini"

3. Change the Resolution to the one that fits your Desktop and save the .ini. For me it was :
ResolutionWidth=1920
ResolutionHeight=1080

4. IMPORTANT! Make the file read-only or write protected (don't know how its called on english Systems)

The problem for me seemed to be, that the game wanted to start in a wrong resoultion and this didn't work for my Display. It's important to make the .ini read-only so the file doens't get changed instantly on game startup.

Hope that works.

The_Cuban_537
01-10-2016, 09:01 PM
managed to somehow make it work before the 1.2 update using run as admin, but after the update havent been able to play , any news with you guys?

Black_Widow9
01-10-2016, 09:34 PM
Please make sure to contact Ubisoft Support (https://support.ubi.com/) with your specs and any troubleshooting steps you have tried.

Black-Ice.TXC
01-11-2016, 03:59 AM
I was getting Black screen on start of play then PC Crashed and had to hard reset, I tried the compatibility mode to win 7 and it worked for a day then same thing all over again, so I reformatted my HD and reinstalled Win 10 downloaded 700 gigs worth of games again, and it's working so far.... Some people saying use Crimson drivers 15.11 and 15.11.1 and 15.2 but they are all the same display driver, if you look at event viewer when you restart your PC you will see it crashes as it fails to communicate with windows, Also after a crach running DxDiag it report there was a problem with DX3D, the game is very picky as the drivers work for all my other games Battlefront, Hardline, BF4 etc So there is a code problem, which seems to affect AMD users a lot, especially the R9 380, R9 380x which is weired as the chip set is oldish theres nothing much new in there, but it does say when loading the game nVidea the way it's meant to be played..?

maizev
07-26-2017, 08:16 PM
my game kept crashing and emptying the %temp% file fixed it for me.