PDA

View Full Version : A batch of new Syndicate screenshots (potential screenshoty spoilers?)

Farlander1991
09-27-2015, 04:55 PM
So these were released when the whole floodgate opened, but I haven't seen them posted here yet, so, here they are.

http://assassins-creed.ru/uploads/images/acs/gallery/screenshot/46.jpg
http://assassins-creed.ru/uploads/images/acs/gallery/screenshot/47.jpg
http://assassins-creed.ru/uploads/images/acs/gallery/screenshot/48.jpg
http://assassins-creed.ru/uploads/images/acs/gallery/screenshot/49.jpg
http://assassins-creed.ru/uploads/images/acs/gallery/screenshot/50.jpg
http://assassins-creed.ru/uploads/images/acs/gallery/screenshot/51.jpg
http://assassins-creed.ru/uploads/images/acs/gallery/screenshot/52.jpg
http://assassins-creed.ru/uploads/images/acs/gallery/screenshot/53.jpg
http://assassins-creed.ru/uploads/images/acs/gallery/screenshot/54.jpg
http://assassins-creed.ru/uploads/images/acs/gallery/screenshot/55.jpg
http://assassins-creed.ru/uploads/images/acs/gallery/screenshot/56.jpg
http://assassins-creed.ru/uploads/images/acs/gallery/screenshot/57.jpg
http://assassins-creed.ru/uploads/images/acs/gallery/screenshot/58.jpg
http://assassins-creed.ru/uploads/images/acs/gallery/screenshot/59.jpg
http://assassins-creed.ru/uploads/images/acs/gallery/screenshot/60.jpg
http://assassins-creed.ru/uploads/images/acs/gallery/screenshot/61.jpg
http://assassins-creed.ru/uploads/images/acs/gallery/screenshot/62.jpg
http://assassins-creed.ru/uploads/images/acs/gallery/screenshot/63.jpg
http://assassins-creed.ru/uploads/images/acs/gallery/screenshot/64.jpg

Farlander1991
09-27-2015, 04:59 PM
Hm, I've just noticed that in one of the screenshots,
Jacob puts a person hostage in a carriage that Roth is driving
There's absolutely no indication what the context of that is, but it's potentially intriguing.

I-Like-Pie45
09-27-2015, 05:10 PM
i'd sure love to see evie and those templar women in a mudpit wrestling and pulling each others hair

Shahkulu101
09-27-2015, 05:15 PM
I'm not going to speculate, that's best left to other folk who are great at that sort of thing (SPOILER: I'm terrible at it), but what I can say is that those screenshots are absolutely bloody gorgeous - I know they don't represent the final game but still.

Wonder how close PC will get to that quality.

strigoi1958
09-27-2015, 05:28 PM
Thanks Farlander another good find :D

bitebug2003
09-27-2015, 05:35 PM
And people speak of an 'obvious' graphical downgrade ---

VestigialLlama4
09-27-2015, 05:38 PM
Can someone identify the architecture for me, the gothic Church between Wesminster and St. Pauls' Cathedral, fifth from the bottom?

Hm, I've just noticed that in one of the screenshots,
Jacob puts a person hostage in a carriage that Roth is driving
There's absolutely no indication what the context of that is, but it's potentially intriguing.

That character seems to be part of something big I think, he got a lot of focus in the story trailer and mentioned by name by Jacob. In the context, it could be that Jacob is infiltrating the gang to get close to Roth so that involves doing some missions for him. It's part of an old cliche, going undercover in a criminal organization, you see that in the Departed. It's also how GTA happens, you work for a gang get close to the boss and then kill the boss and take over before you complain and get huffy about other people betraying you.

The screenshots are certainly interesting. I am especially curious at that Disc Evie is holding with the Assassin-Lambda Logo on top. Memory Seal, or just some medallion? The Electric Experiment, looks like something straight from Bride of Frankenstein (the origin of all laboratory sequences complete with electricity/shining tubes and the requisite "It's alive" chant). But what it involves I have no idea.

The Stuff with Evie and the Cogs, I think that has to do with the Godlike Achievement
http://www.trueachievements.com/a207537/godlike-achievement.htm
The Logo has the Cogs so I think this has to do with some Puzzle Mechanic.

Another screenshot has Jacob light a box of dynamite...because of course he would do that.

Added a spoiler to your Achievement section

Farlander1991
09-27-2015, 05:58 PM
That character seems to be part of something big I think, he got a lot of focus in the story trailer and mentioned by name by Jacob. In the context, it could be that Jacob is infiltrating the gang to get close to Roth so that involves doing some missions for him.

Yeah, there's also 'I'm not playing games anymore' from the trailer, also 'I'm here to see Mr. Roth'. That said, I don't think we'll actually infiltrate Roth's gang. I'm pretty sure he'll know who Jacob is, at least by the time they meet (especially since judging by the trailer Roth controls the Blighters, so he'll know of the little **** Jacob as soon as he starts taking London back with the Rooks).

I am especially curious at that Disc Evie is holding with the Assassin-Lambda Logo on top. Memory Seal, or just some medallion?

Somebody somewhere on the forum mentioned music boxes, that might be them?

The Electric Experiment, looks like something straight from Bride of Frankenstein (the origin of all laboratory sequences complete with electricity/shining tubes and the requisite "It's alive" chant). But what it involves I have no idea.

I presume that's Sequence 2 assassination area. We know that David Brewster dies in Sequence 2 (thanks to the tag from one of the behind the scenes videos on one of the monitors), we know he's painted as a mad scientist and that person there looks like him.

D.I.D.
09-27-2015, 06:03 PM
Can someone identify the architecture for me, the gothic Church between Wesminster and St. Pauls' Cathedral, fifth from the bottom?

Westminster Abbey

(the one above is the Palace of Westminster, btw - Westminster is the area)

VestigialLlama4
09-27-2015, 06:12 PM
Westminster Abbey

(the one above is the Palace of Westminster, btw - Westminster is the area)

You are right. I can't believe I missed that.

I wonder if we'll see the Hawksmoor Churches in the game, that's usually a favorite of Masonic-Occult stories.

Yeah, there's also 'I'm not playing games anymore' from the trailer, also 'I'm here to see Mr. Roth'. That said, I don't think we'll actually infiltrate Roth's gang. I'm pretty sure he'll know who Jacob is, at least by the time they meet (especially since judging by the trailer Roth controls the Blighters, so he'll know of the little **** Jacob as soon as he starts taking London back with the Rooks).

Interesting. I sense the potential for betrayal there.

I presume that's Sequence 2 assassination area. We know that David Brewster dies in Sequence 2 (thanks to the tag from one of the behind the scenes videos on one of the monitors), we know he's painted as a mad scientist and that person there looks like him.

At the top of the Apparatus there's something shiny ina Golden Aperture, it might be a Piece of Eden of some sorts.

Farlander1991
09-27-2015, 06:34 PM
Interesting. I sense the potential for betrayal there.

Also potential for falling out between Jacob and Evie that we see in the trailer. Jacob doesn't seem like a person who would turn his back on the goal to free London, however he does look like a person who might arrange an (temporary?) alliance with an enemy for some kind of goal.

VestigialLlama4
09-27-2015, 06:48 PM
Also potential for falling out between Jacob and Evie that we see in the trailer. Jacob doesn't seem like a person who would turn his back on the goal to free London, however he does look like a person who might arrange an (temporary?) alliance with an enemy for some kind of goal.

In the Sequence 7 gameplay, Jacob brags about how he's going to be Master of the Assassins while Evie tells her that there's no way he'll be Master. Personally I find that really petty, the earlier Assassins, even Edward, were a little more altruistic when they committed to the cause. This is closer to pre-Sequence 1 Altair.

But there's some kind of rivalry and grudge between them I think. There will be some kind of rift between brother and sister I think. It's the logic of drama I think.

Farlander1991
09-27-2015, 06:54 PM
In the Sequence 7 gameplay, Jacob brags about how he's going to be Master of the Assassins while Evie tells her that there's no way he'll be Master.

That was Sequence 3 gameplay.

Btw, one curious note, in the trailer, when Jacob is to see Mr. Roth, the bouncer wears the green color-coded shirt, not red. So there might be a moment when Roth controls the Rooks, maybe?

Of course, that might not be an indicator of anything, as models can be changed. AC2 trailers showed Ezio at execution without the Assassin uniform (for dramatic purposes in the trailers), AC3 trailer had winter when Connor arrives to Achilles as well as him having hidden blades when he didn't have any (though that might not be a change for dramatic purposes but an oversight?) etc.

VestigialLlama4
09-27-2015, 07:09 PM
That was Sequence 3 gameplay.

Btw, one curious note, in the trailer, when Jacob is to see Mr. Roth, the bouncer wears the green color-coded shirt, not red. So there might be a moment when Roth controls the Rooks, maybe?

Of course, that might not be an indicator of anything, as models can be changed. AC2 trailers showed Ezio at execution without the Assassin uniform (for dramatic purposes in the trailers), AC3 trailer had winter when Connor arrives to Achilles as well as him having hidden blades when he didn't have any (though that might not be a change for dramatic purposes but an oversight?) etc.

I don't think that is the case here because Syndicate has very little changed. I mean at the livestream we saw Alpha footage and there was an assumption that some of the characters like that girl-child Clara would not be there later, but she's there prominently in the promos. Overall they were very consistent. Even that Bloody Nora woman of the Blighters is there in the final game as can be seen in the maps of Templar gang leaders in various areas. Some of us here are still mourning the excision of Marquis de Buillon (who gave us first person decapitation which was literally cooler than anything in UNITY).

strigoi1958
09-27-2015, 09:49 PM
Blighters :D my father used to say that all the time... I still call England Blighty :D

Wolfmeister1010
09-28-2015, 05:39 AM
And people speak of an 'obvious' graphical downgrade ---

Erm...with all due respect...when have AC SCREENSHOTs....EVER been representative of the final product? Ever?

Even here, the draw distance, LoD, and textures are MILES better than any gameplay we have seen of Syndicate.

If you were to tell me PC would look anywhere near this good in terms of LoD and textures...well...I would be dumbstruck. Obviously I can't be certain until it releases..but come on..this is AC we are talking about..and Ubi Kiev.

strigoi1958
09-29-2015, 12:34 AM
I never understand the importance people put on draw distance or LOD... when I have a weapon capable of firing 200 yards/ metres... what difference does it make if a roof 1 mile/ kilometre away looks fuzzy... I only need to see what is in range... if it affected gameplay I could understand but it doesn't.... I bet if games were offered with incredible LOD textures and draw distance but the people who wanted it had to pay 5 times as much for the game.... I bet most of the people who bring it up would say...Meh it doesn't stop me playing and it's not important enough to pay for it.... or probably they'd say... why should we pay extra for all the extra work you put in...

In fact why not have Ultra textures as DLC and let people pay

Wolfmeister1010
09-29-2015, 01:05 AM
I never understand the importance people put on draw distance or LOD... when I have a weapon capable of firing 200 yards/ metres... what difference does it make if a roof 1 mile/ kilometre away looks fuzzy... I only need to see what is in range... if it affected gameplay I could understand but it doesn't.... I bet if games were offered with incredible LOD textures and draw distance but the people who wanted it had to pay 5 times as much for the game.... I bet most of the people who bring it up would say...Meh it doesn't stop me playing and it's not important enough to pay for it.... or probably they'd say... why should we pay extra for all the extra work you put in...

Or, how bout this.

They properly optimize the game, take more time to polish the engine, and make the LoD look like something not from the early 2000's

Lol, where did you get the idea that good graphics required extra pay? What does consumer money have ANYTHING to do with this?

Also, people value different aspects of video games differently. No one is "wrong". But for many people, it is quite immersion breaking an obstructive when entire buildings are entering high quality models within 50 meters of the player, and everything beyond that are lowest quality models.

D.I.D.
09-29-2015, 01:19 AM

I definitely appreciate good draw distance on PC games. Reason? The point of a game world is to make me feel the range and shape of it, and my character as a little vehicle in a (hopefully) big place. Poor draw distance can make you feel like you're looking at a little half-dome of space around you and it can feel claustrophobic, when I should be feeling my senses stretching out into the outdoors. Also, you get this sense of moving that zone around with you, which is a different feeling to it just being your character and the world.

I do look into the distance as well, and I want to be able to see that. It's one of the reasons I hate Depth of Field in games with ranged weapons. When Watch Dogs came out and hadn't got its best patches yet, lots of people were gushing with enthusiasm over a fan-made set of tweaks which was supposed to make the game look like it did in the first E3 reveal. It did some good things, but the DoF was horrible for me. Looking into the distance to aim a shot made me feel like I'd lost a contact lens or something. It's a horrible effect which makes nice screenshots but does bizarre things to your sense of space while playing. I'd be interested in seeing a game use DoF differently, so that DoF didn't affect an area around your aiming reticule (or the distance directly in front of you, when driving).

strigoi1958
09-29-2015, 01:56 AM
Or, how bout this.

They properly optimize the game, take more time to polish the engine, and make the LoD look like something not from the early 2000's

Lol, where did you get the idea that good graphics required extra pay? What does consumer money have ANYTHING to do with this?

Also, people value different aspects of video games differently. No one is "wrong". But for many people, it is quite immersion breaking an obstructive when entire buildings are entering high quality models within 50 meters of the player, and everything beyond that are lowest quality models.

Extra work requires extra pay... in Unity there were many great screenshots at 1440p that were incredible but people expect the same on 1600 x 900... no bad game can be made into a great game by increasing LoD or draw distance...
and other people do value different things in a game... me I put the game first and foremost. Textures, Lod etc are just enhancements the same as ridiculous demands for xxx FPS.

Consumer money has everything to do with this Ubi don't have a bottomless pit of money so costs get passed on to us ... if you don't believe me... put up a poll and ask if it is ok to demand more money is taken from important budgets like MD, gameplay, story, missions etc so you can see the tiles on the roof a mile away... or should we all pay 5% extra to pay for it....you'll definitely see what other aspects people value. lol.

Games exist... like the vanishing of Ethan Carter ... very beautiful... very little gameplay. I'm not saying both cannot exist in a game but prioritising what 5 million want over what 150 are demanding makes good business sense.

If it affects people so much... (on the pc forum less than 1%) then ask for a fog level that you can set at a distance that stops you looking at what is actually happening in the game and is making you look at the scenery. Or simply find a game you like to look at while playing.

To put this into context...
MY system Scan vengeance ti
Asus z170 ROG Ranger mobo
i7 6700k @4.6Ghz
16gb ddr4 3000
gtx 980 ti SC
M2 pci-e HD
3TB HD

all games run at 1920 x 1080p
all with v-sync all at high to very high
More than capable of higher settings but not necessary to enjoy a good game.

Gaming is important to me.... being a pretty game is not.

@D.I.D. yes I can appreciate the difference when using a sniper rifle and driving as that can give that strange sensation looking through a scope or when objects are rapidly coming into view... but in AC games it seems pointless spending money on the distance if it comes from some other budget.

Wolfmeister1010
09-29-2015, 02:33 AM
Extra work requires extra pay... in Unity there were many great screenshots at 1440p that were incredible but people expect the same on 1600 x 900... no bad game can be made into a great game by increasing LoD or draw distance...
and other people do value different things in a game... me I put the game first and foremost. Textures, Lod etc are just enhancements the same as ridiculous demands for xxx FPS.

Consumer money has everything to do with this Ubi don't have a bottomless pit of money so costs get passed on to us ... if you don't believe me... put up a poll and ask if it is ok to demand more money is taken from important budgets like MD, gameplay, story, missions etc so you can see the tiles on the roof a mile away... or should we all pay 5% extra to pay for it....you'll definitely see what other aspects people value. lol.

Games exist... like the vanishing of Ethan Carter ... very beautiful... very little gameplay. I'm not saying both cannot exist in a game but prioritising what 5 million want over what 150 are demanding makes good business sense.

If it affects people so much... (on the pc forum less than 1%) then ask for a fog level that you can set at a distance that stops you looking at what is actually happening in the game and is making you look at the scenery. Or simply find a game you like to look at while playing.

To put this into context...
MY system Scan vengeance ti
Asus z170 ROG Ranger mobo
i7 6700k @4.6Ghz
16gb ddr4 3000
gtx 980 ti SC
M2 pci-e HD
3TB HD

all games run at 1920 x 1080p
all with v-sync all at high to very high
More than capable of higher settings but not necessary to enjoy a good game.

Gaming is important to me.... being a pretty game is not.

@D.I.D. yes I can appreciate the difference when using a sniper rifle and driving as that can give that strange sensation looking through a scope or when objects are rapidly coming into view... but in AC games it seems pointless spending money on the distance if it comes from some other budget.

Do you really think that a substantial amount more money will be required to increase the LoD to Unity level? Modders have done this for countless games just by tweaking the code. No large budget required.

The engine is already developed and "polished".

What game in the history of gaming has ever charged an extra 5 bucks because "we spent a while making the textures a bit sharper just for you"? Game companies are supposed to optimize their games. And ubisoft doesn't do that. They suck at it. Instead of taking time to optimize syndicate, they instead chose to lower fidelity of textures, LoD, per count, interior count, and models to prevent any instance of performance issues.

Lol, in the e3 2014 gameplay trailer for Syndicate, in the last panning shot, the draw distance reaches WAYYY out into the horizon. Same with Unity's e3 demo at the end. Did they spend 10 million dollars just for that shot? No. They tweaked the code for that one instance.

And we all know the PC version will look exactly the same as the PS4 version, excluding resolution and game works effects. Just like it has for the past 4 years.

strigoi1958
09-29-2015, 03:09 AM
Then mod it yourself. Or pay a modder.. or give me a figure you think it would cost to change it, without affecting other aspects of the game and include the extra testing involved... if you really think it is a $10 job... do you honestly think any company would not do it ? lol

Game companies are supposed to optimise games... is that a fact ? do you have a source ? or is that just your opinion ? Companies are supposed to make products... to be successful they have to target the widest number of buyers and if that includes the minority fixated on the scenery than the game ... great... for you, but as at present the games look amazing to me and undoubtedly the vast number of people not bothered by the distance while killing 10 enemies.

Which company has charged extra for doing extra work..... all of them.. do you think they work for money or to keep a few people with unrealistic selfish demands happy ?

Instead of taking time to optimize syndicate, they instead chose to lower fidelity of textures, LoD, per count, interior count, and models to prevent any instance of performance issues.
Source ? or just your opinion again ? and if you value scenery over performance you need to give up gaming... it is not for you.

in the e3 2014 gameplay trailer for Syndicate, in the last panning shot, the draw distance reaches WAYYY out into the horizon
If you do not understand the difference between a game and a trailer... I suggest you play the trailer and I'll play the game...

If the PC version looks like the PS4 version with a few extra tweaks I'll be very happily playing it... if you think console games are not good games you are very much mistaken.... and 5 million people on consoles compared to less than 1 million people pc's will happily disagree with you.

You said it yourself other people value different aspects... you need to understand... you are not in the majority, no company is going to change a product that sells to millions to keep a handful of people happy no amount of venting will make it happen... (although feel free to vent, we're all gamers and I support everyone is entitled to an opinion... plus you show you're passionate about games) unfortunately they are what they are.... they may change or not but I'll still be focused on the game not the scenery.

Also it cannot look like the PS4 for the last 4 years because the PS4 was launched 2 years ago....:D but I know what you're trying to say.

Wolfmeister1010
09-29-2015, 03:32 AM
Then mod it yourself. Or pay a modder.. or give me a figure you think it would cost to change it, without affecting other aspects of the game and include the extra testing involved... if you really think it is a $10 job... do you honestly think any company would not do it ? lol

Yes. Ubisoft wouldn't. Because of their platform parity "policy". That's the point. They made a decision VERY early on to hold back the PC platform for each of their games. Has nothing to do with money. We have already seen what it is capable of achieving.

Regarding platform parity they year after year hand over control of PC port to a small studio in the middle of a war zone, and lie to our faces by promising it will "shine". EVERY. YEAR.

And LoD isn't like adding a brand new mechanic altogether. Its not like improving the LoD would suddenly make AI start malfunctioning. Not sure what you are trying to get at there. It will just affect performance. Obviously it would take testing to optimize this...which is precisely my point. They don't bother optimizing it, and thus the visual fidelity suffers.

Technically I can't be upset at all at this footage on PS4. I mean, I am sure they are trying well enough to push the console to its limits, and the consoles are the lowest common denominator.

I am just being realistic about how the PC version will stack up in comparison.

And yeah, gaming companies are supposed to make their games work.

That's like asking "is it a FACT that doctors are supposed to do their best during operations?"

So when discussing optimization, I DO represent the majority: that is, the entire PC community, when I become upset over the lack of effort ubisoft puts into optimizing the game on PC platforms.

Hell, do you know how much I want Syndicate on PC to end up being amazing an make me eat my words? Like you wouldn't believe.

"Source ? or just your opinion again ? and if you value scenery over performance you need to give up gaming... it is not for you."

Yeah, AssassinM asked the developers these questions regarding visuals, interiors, and pop density at e3. They did it because performance. You really don't seem to understand that I believe the core of this issue IS performance and their lack of optimization. The game HAS to be the same across all platforms in terms of gameplay. That is obvious. But graphics is where PC's extra power comes into play. Better optimization=betterperformace=higher visual fidelity. They wouldn't use extra pc performance to improve the AI on PC, because that would make it a different game than consoles.

"If you do not understand the difference between a game and a trailer... I suggest you play the trailer and I'll play the game..."

..the point is that the engine is capable of achieving that in real time. So PC should be able to at least be CLOSER to that level of fidelity than console. But that remains to be seen. And I strongly suspect it will be exactly the same.

"If the PC version looks like the PS4 version with a few extra tweaks I'll be very happily playing it... if you think console games are not good games you are very much mistaken.... and 5 million people on consoles compared to less than 1 million people pc's will happily disagree with you."

Erm..what? Since when did this become about which platform is "better"? In that regard, PC, by definition, has the capability to achieve better visuals than consoles.

In the end, I think we are just disagreeing about what is "most important" in a game, to which there is no right or wrong answer.

Anyway, thanks for discussing this with me. I hope to God that the PC version turns out great.

RVSage
09-29-2015, 04:09 AM
@Wolfmeister1010
Personally my order of priority is
1. Gameplay
2. Story
3. Graphics
As I said so many times earlier. I do not see a huge difference between Unity and Syndicate, And the poll thread on the topic , also seems to echo the opinion(Majority seems to agree with me at least w.r.t to the models). As far as lighting and environment quality goes I do not see a huge difference.

Yes, they have reduced the number of navigable interiors in the game. But they have additions of trains (with interiors), Carriages . These are two additions , that have great potential to affect performance. Thus they needed to make a trade-off, so they do reduce the building interiors, which to me seems really fair. They did reduce crowd on streets, again it fits the era, and obviously they did it also to accommodate carriage and train better. So the removals in my perspective have been fairly compensated with additions.

Well let me come to draw distances. Yes it is something that can certainly be improved, no denying. Mind you this is not the final version. If the final version does have poor draw distance. You have every right to complain. But to me it does not matter as long as my current view port looks good enough, and game is stable to play without issues. Again that is me

Being a PC user. I too hope for a good port. After rogue my hopes are a bit higher.

Once the game released, and we see the final product, if you are not happy with draw distance , you have every right to ask for a patch improvement. But remember , if the majority , are fine with it. You cannot expect it to be improved to suit your needs.
A product that satisfies majority, is what syndicate needs to be, not cater to everyone's views on how the game ought to be.

Wolfmeister1010
09-29-2015, 04:24 AM
@Wolfmeister1010
Personally my order of priority is
1. Gameplay
2. Story
3. Graphics
As I said so many times earlier. I do not see a huge difference between Unity and Syndicate, And the poll thread on the topic , also seems to echo the opinion(Majority seems to agree with me at least w.r.t to the models). As far as lighting and environment quality goes I do not see a huge difference.

Yes, they have reduced the number of navigable interiors in the game. But they have additions of trains (with interiors), Carriages . These are two additions , that have great potential to affect performance. Thus they needed to make a trade-off, so they do reduce the building interiors, which to me seems really fair. They did reduce crowd on streets, again it fits the era, and obviously they did it also to accommodate carriage and train better. So the removals in my perspective have been fairly compensated with additions.

Well let me come to draw distances. Yes it is something that can certainly be improved, no denying. Mind you this is not the final version. If the final version does have poor draw distance. You have every right to complain. But to me it does not matter as long as my current view port looks good enough, and game is stable to play without issues. Again that is me

Being a PC user. I too hope for a good port. After rogue my hopes are a bit higher.

Once the game released, and we see the final product, if you are not happy with draw distance , you have every right to ask for a patch improvement. But remember , if the majority , are fine with it. You cannot expect it to be improved to suit your needs.
A product that satisfies majority, is what syndicate needs to be, not cater to everyone's views on how the game ought to be.

You're right, in essence. It technically is not right for me to judge the PC port when we haven't seen any footage form that platform, let alone seen the end result.

It is just Ubii's track record that makes me doubt it greatly.

But hey, I WANT to be proven wrong.

strigoi1958
09-29-2015, 04:41 AM
We're all gamers... we all want our games to be the best that they can be... but it is a business... trust me, the Ubi guys are all gamers too and they love games as much as us... I know this for a fact.

It is just a question of standards.. lots of people can play the game happily as it is designed to be played... me too I love AC games. Some people want the graphics lowered because their systems are not up to a standard that can get a playable FPS and others want higher settings...

It is all too easy for some of us to expect ultra high settings but the PC market is small around 16% of sales and the PC's with high end cards are probably 2 to 3% of that so Ubi might lose such a huge amount of PC customers that it may not be viable to make a pc port at all... and we don't want that :(

I accept there are things in games that are not designed with me in mind and I'm happy to let go of a little thing as long as I can see the overall quality of the gameplay and the story... I understand that a game designed how I might want it... might not suit a lot of others... so I accept that Ubi does the best for all AC fans and we all should compromise so others can enjoy it....

What bonds us all together is our enjoyment of AC :D and I wouldn't want the PC brotherhood to get smaller because we target higher specs.