PDA

View Full Version : Nvidia Geforce4 MX: It works!

XyZspineZyX
12-08-2003, 07:10 PM
Any MX users, try this: When it says: card not supported, just play the game anyway. Then, when the main screen comes up click 'start new game'. When the game starts, the screen should be white. Press 'Esc'. Now go to 'Options'. Put everything down to nothing, except the resolution. Now agree to the changes. It should work!

XyZspineZyX
12-08-2003, 07:10 PM
Any MX users, try this: When it says: card not supported, just play the game anyway. Then, when the main screen comes up click 'start new game'. When the game starts, the screen should be white. Press 'Esc'. Now go to 'Options'. Put everything down to nothing, except the resolution. Now agree to the changes. It should work!

XyZspineZyX
12-09-2003, 01:03 AM
NO IT DOESN'T!

STEPS TO RUN PRINCE OF PERSIA WITH A GF4 MX (copy the links and put in the address bar of your internet browser)

1.)Download 3D Analyzer at:

http://www.tommti-systems.de/main-Dateien/TOOLS/dontlinkthefile_3danalyzer-v23.rar

2.)Once downloaded... set your settings for this program to look like:

http://server4.uploadit.org/files2/071203-new%20settings%20that%20work%20for%20POP%20with%20 a%20gf4%20mx.JPG

3.)push the "select" button and select the location of you "PrinceOfPersia.exe" and hit ok in that dialog

4.)Click the "Run" button

5.)When Prince of Persia loads start a new game

6.)When in loads to the next menu with the options button click that then click the graphics button

7.)When you see the the Gamma and screensize bars look right below that... you will see an option called special effects...
turn that off and change any othe options you like... have fun playing the game

8.)after you exit the game click the "Save batch file!" button in the 3D Analyzer program

9.)save this to the location (other than start menu) where you shortcut for Prince of Persia is and delete that shortcut

10.)from now on you can click on that new file to run the game!

11.)HAVE FUN!

TIPS:

~now don't ever move the location of the 3D Analyze program unless you want to set it all back up again

~don't set your settings too high in the graphics options in POP unless your syetem hauls! (start low... you can always move it
higher later)

~NEVER turn on the special effects in POP

~don't mess with the options in 3D Analyzer unless you want to totally mess up your computer or know EXACTLY what your
doing

~KILL AS MANY SAND CREATURES IN POP AS YOU CAN :P

XyZspineZyX
12-09-2003, 02:41 AM
Hi!

Thank you very much. So i don't need to upgrade my graphics card. I didn't get the game, but will check it out as soon as i get Sands of Time.

Bye

Hari Krishnan K

XyZspineZyX
12-09-2003, 05:09 AM
willl this work with a gforce 2 mx400?

XyZspineZyX
12-09-2003, 05:44 AM
Try this at your own risk./i/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif

<center> http://home.insightbb.com/~jbullock/POOP2.gif
<font color=#DD0000>[b]<font size=#3.5>
Splinter Cell and Prince of Persia Moderator
<font size=#2.5>

http://www.pcgamessource.com
<font color=#000000>

XyZspineZyX
12-09-2003, 05:54 AM
That 3D analyzer thingie takes away half the enjoyment of the way POP:SoT was meant to be played.
It seriously reduces the general atmosphere of the game. /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-sad.gif

It ruins some of the config files also. Had to reinstall cos the game wouldn't run after.

I am buying a new card tomorrow recommended to me by Ubi Tech. So I'll be able to play it without messing with 3rd party software.

XyZspineZyX
12-10-2003, 08:26 AM
Hi.

Thank you very much.

I have an ASUS vt7700 or something like that, which has GeForce4 MX. And your solution works very well.

I used the settings for 3d analyzer as you had suggested. And in the game itself, I left special effect to medium and Fog off, and it looks really good. Yeah it doesnt run as fast as other cards I am sure (p4 2.4 o/c to 3.12) but at least it runs!!!

I recommend this solution to others for sure!

-Inquilaab.

XyZspineZyX
12-13-2003, 01:12 AM
3D Analyzer is free???

XyZspineZyX
12-13-2003, 03:05 AM
Hi!

Yes , 3D Analyzer is free for download.

Bye

Hari

XyZspineZyX
12-13-2003, 03:52 AM
Nope, does not work.
All settings as per pic, still crashes to desktop.

XyZspineZyX
12-13-2003, 03:52 AM
no need for 3D analyser,

Simply start the game. Screen will be white. Go to display options, change all settings to minimal, change resolution to 640 by 480. Once you accept, gfx should be ok. Then slowly adjust all settings to however desired, except special fx.

This worked on a GFORCE 4 440 GO 32DDR, don't know about GEFORCE 4 MX.

XyZspineZyX
12-13-2003, 01:40 PM
hi

i know 3d analice is free download. but when You use it. is it free. i think i read its not free when you use it with pop.

XyZspineZyX
12-13-2003, 09:53 PM
Actually I missed a step,

Before you change all settings to minimal, just click on default gfx settings. The change everything to minimal.

XyZspineZyX
12-18-2003, 01:30 AM
Thanks for 3D Analyzer but I still can't get it to work. I end up with windows error reporting /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-sad.gif I have MX460 (that guy in the screenshot has a Radeon). I've been playing around with the settings but it was no help /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-sad.gif

Any suggestions?

XyZspineZyX
12-18-2003, 07:14 AM
Well i have a Geforce 4 MX 440 winfast a170 DDR and if i start the game the screen is black. And if i wait i dont get a white screen do you guys now what to do?

Thanks

Tom

XyZspineZyX
12-23-2003, 03:26 PM
try this: press "caps lock+alt" two times(any even #2,4,6,8)

a543212 wrote:
- Well i have a Geforce 4 MX 440 winfast a170 DDR and
- if i start the game the screen is black. And if i
- wait i dont get a white screen do you guys now what
- to do?
-
- Thanks
-
-
- Tom
-
-

XyZspineZyX
12-23-2003, 06:25 PM
I downloaded the 3D-Analyze v2.31 and arranged my settings just like in the picture but then when i press Run it says
"Could not copy F:\Program Files\UBISOFT\Prince of Persia The Sands of Time\hook_3DA.dll to F:\Program Files\UBISOFT\Prince of Persia The Sands of Time\hook_3DA.dll !"
What do I do now???

XyZspineZyX
12-24-2003, 08:52 PM
download the file again and check for the hook_3DA.dll which should be inside the rar file.

baud2death
03-28-2004, 01:38 AM
http://ubbxforums.ubi.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_frown.gif I have the SAME error

And cant get it fixed - tried fresh install of POP and analyser, anyone know what causes this? the file is there it just wont copy it!