PDA

View Full Version : Syndicate on SSD?

J.i.m..
09-27-2015, 09:24 AM
Hi,
I have a question. Should i buy a SSD for Assassin's Creed Syndicate?

Locopells
09-27-2015, 12:23 PM
Welcome to the forums!

I don't think it'll necessarily be required, but it'll probably help. You're gonna be moving quite fast around the map, what with trains and carriages, etc, so the faster loading of a SSD will probably pay in your favour.

strigoi1958
09-27-2015, 03:24 PM
I remember that a horse galloped faster in AC Brotherhood because of my SSD... my biggest surprise was boot up times... I was used to my system taking 1 minute 25 seconds to boot up... when I put in my SSD it took 16 seconds to desktop ready.. and speeds up programs as well.... When I bought a samsung it came with software that copied all the files from my existing drives so all my games and windows were all there.

I've just bought a system with an M2 drive and it is fast but the boot time is slower than SSD.

On a side note... I cannot believe how huge Syndicate is... I was stunned by the vast Paris in Unity.... Syndicate is MASSIVE so an SSD is a very nice extra in any system. I just played Syndicate at the EGX and it is incredible... as soon as I got home I went straight to uplay and pre-ordered a limited edition of Syndicate and The Division...

Jessigirl2013
09-27-2015, 04:54 PM
Just for the game. No

SSDs are getting fairly cheap now though so its worth getting as it speeds up other tasks like boot up.

The horse thing in ACBH seemed like a gimmick to me, and SSDs were expensive then.

I recommend getting a 32gb SSD and just load the OS on it and use your current drive for your files and programs.

J.i.m..
09-30-2015, 04:49 PM
Thanks for the replies! I think im gonna buy a 120GB ssd :)

YazX_
10-01-2015, 06:06 PM
Thanks for the replies! I think im gonna buy a 120GB ssd :)

dont, at least get 256 GB, the price different between 128 and 256 doesnt worth it, but you will regret not getting the 256 GB SSD later on.