PDA

View Full Version : AC3 and Blackflag and the Naval Missions

jonathan7882
09-27-2015, 05:51 AM
So as I'm replaying the series I'm now on 3 and I forogt how much fun the Naval missions were for me, and how much better they get in AC IV. Anyone else love those missions? For some reason sailing the seas and fighting old naval battles is exciting.

Jessigirl2013
09-27-2015, 09:20 AM
From what I remember I didn't really enjoy them.
The boats were difficult to turn IMO. <--- Is this actually different than AC4?

Locopells
09-27-2015, 12:20 PM
So as I'm replaying the series I'm now on 3 and I forogt how much fun the Naval missions were for me, and how much better they get in AC IV. Anyone else love those missions? For some reason sailing the seas and fighting old naval battles is exciting.

That's a big 'Hell Yes"' from me!

strigoi1958
09-27-2015, 06:54 PM
I love the naval battles.. the secret in BF is to constantly change speed by lowering and raising sails... (quicker to turn at lower speeds) when I finished ACIV I have to admit that I used the sailing as an "animated" desktop... I let it run in the background listening to the shanties...
When I worked on the oil rigs.. we used to get towed and the water sweeping across the deck of the Jackdaw was so realistic it brought back some good memories. I loved the sailing and refused to fast travel because the sailing was so good....I've got halfway through my Unity replay and 5% into my Farcry 4 replay but with 8 weeks till I get my limited edition of Syndicate (I played it yesterday as Evie.... came home immediately and loaded uplay shop and ordered it... it's awesome) I am going to replay ACIV BF because it is such a great game... :D

jonathan7882
09-27-2015, 08:33 PM
I love the naval battles.. the secret in BF is to constantly change speed by lowering and raising sails... (quicker to turn at lower speeds) when I finished ACIV I have to admit that I used the sailing as an "animated" desktop... I let it run in the background listening to the shanties...
When I worked on the oil rigs.. we used to get towed and the water sweeping across the deck of the Jackdaw was so realistic it brought back some good memories. I loved the sailing and refused to fast travel because the sailing was so good....I've got halfway through my Unity replay and 5% into my Farcry 4 replay but with 8 weeks till I get my limited edition of Syndicate (I played it yesterday as Evie.... came home immediately and loaded uplay shop and ordered it... it's awesome) I am going to replay ACIV BF because it is such a great game... :D
Agreed it was a great game.