PDA

View Full Version : Assassin's Creed: Unity - Region Lock

Ommicrone
09-26-2015, 05:41 PM
Hello, I bought Assassin's Creed Unity from Thailand. My account is Australian. I can't activate the game since it says that the key is region locked. I have contacted the support but no answer for 5 days. Please help I really need to play the game :( Please Please

jonathan7882
09-26-2015, 09:52 PM
If you are currantly living in Thailand they should be able to give you a workaround. Not sure why you'd buy it in another region otherwise, unless Unity was censored in Austraila though I don't recall that being an issue with Unity. I find I get the best result from calling them and if you are in Austraila here is the link with a phone number. https://support.ubi.com/en-gb/FAQ.aspx?platformid=60&brandid=2030&productid=3888&faqid=kA030000000eTEtCAM
There is not a support number or even much at all for Thailand. I know it be expensive to call Austraila from Thailand but a phone call usually ends up better. This is a link for all their support numbers/and other contact info. https://support.ubi.com/en-US/FAQ/60/3888/international-support-contacts/kA030000000eiChCAI

Jessigirl2013
09-27-2015, 07:42 AM
Contact support, Only they can fix it.

Ommicrone
09-28-2015, 07:11 PM
I contacted support on facebook. We tried changing the country to thailand. But It didn't work. I contacted the support page and they didn't reply for more than 5 days. This is frustrating. Any Idea why support doesn't reply me?

strigoi1958
09-28-2015, 11:31 PM
Jonathan has suggested the best way... by phone, he also very kindly tracked down the number to help. Support are always busy but you will get an answer. Unfortunately there is a problem as previously pointed out... you either are using your Australian account while staying in Thailand or you are in Australia and have bought from Thailand which causes a regional problem. Buying direct from Uplay prevents these problems... sometimes trying to save a few dollars is a lot of trouble :(

As Jessi said only support can fix this and they will get back to you. Just be patient :D

Ommicrone
09-29-2015, 07:59 AM
With my other questions support replied me within 2 days. But this is the one taking a long time :( I am afraid that they would have ignored my support ticket.

strigoi1958
09-29-2015, 12:17 PM
No... I've met a few of the support guys, they don't ignore tickets and they are really enthusiastic, which is nice considering how much work they have... they have to deal with each ticket in order and also try to find a solution... Your first ticket was in a smaller queue I guess... this is a bigger problem though and getting round it (if possible) will need some help from a kind support guy... they may have read this ticket and are going through to managers to see what can be done... I'm afraid it is just a matter of waiting

jonathan7882
09-29-2015, 02:05 PM
No... I've met a few of the support guys, they don't ignore tickets and they are really enthusiastic, which is nice considering how much work they have... they have to deal with each ticket in order and also try to find a solution... Your first ticket was in a smaller queue I guess... this is a bigger problem though and getting round it (if possible) will need some help from a kind support guy... they may have read this ticket and are going through to managers to see what can be done... I'm afraid it is just a matter of waiting
Thought I'd mention I called them the other day and they are slammed with issues regarding the Rainbow 6 beta. Wait times are over an hour. Just have to be patient.

Ommicrone
09-29-2015, 02:23 PM
Fingers crossed then. Thanks guys

Jessigirl2013
09-29-2015, 06:07 PM
We've all contacted support at some point and had a long wait ;) and it's easy to assume they don't care.;)
But usually because they are being contacted by many people experiencing the same problem and they are trying to get through them all as soon as they can.

Just keep trying and be persistent, It will be worth it when you get to playing Unity ;)

YazX_
10-01-2015, 09:08 PM
account doesnt matter, what matters is where do you live, yes Unity and some previous ACs are region locked and cannot be activated except in the stated countries, i'm not sure from where did you buy the game and where do you live now, if you dont live in Thailand which i expect this is the case here then you need to contact the seller you bought it from and get a refund.

Ommicrone
10-03-2015, 08:21 PM
TBH I am Australian and came to Thailand for a year or two. My account country is Thailand now and I bought the game from Thailand as well. And now they ask to me return the game. I mean what's wrong with this people? I said them the entire story and I am waiting for the another response.

They asking me to buy from the correct region. I already did huh? Thanks JessiGirl for the support.

Ubisoft... I don't know why I still buying games from them. This is tiring.

I activated it. Now the problem is when I install the game from retail disk. It asks for a 50 GB download !!

Ommicrone
10-26-2015, 08:14 AM
As I told before This issue is fixed. So consider this thread as solved. Here's what I have gathered.

When you activate a game through Uplay, It checks your country and the key's region. Most of the people think that "Country" is the one you see in your account settings. But it's not. Uplay client checks your IP. So all you got to do is to change your IP.

1. Download Hotspot Shield.
2. Then determine the region of your key. I bought the game from Thailand and tried to activate through Australia. So the key should be locked to North Asia. If you are not sure, contact Support through facebook and check the region of your key.
3. Then change your PC ip to one of those regional countries through hotspot shield. Then give a try. Should work most of the time.

I believe it's fair to do this since I payed twice the Uplay price for the game. Hope this helped !

naumaan
10-26-2015, 09:33 AM
As I told before This issue is fixed. So consider this thread as solved. Here's what I have gathered.

When you activate a game through Uplay, It checks your country and the key's region. Most of the people think that "Country" is the one you see in your account settings. But it's not. Uplay client checks your IP. So all you got to do is to change your IP.

2. Then determine the region of your key. I bought the game from Thailand and tried to activate through Australia. So the key should be locked to North Asia. If you are not sure, contact Support through facebook and check the region of your key.
3. Then change your PC ip to one of those regional countries through hotspot shield. Then give a try. Should work most of the time.

I believe it's fair to do this since I payed twice the Uplay price for the game. Hope this helped !

that seems troubling !!

did you buy the game when you were running hotspot shield ?

If you have done so, please refund the game and buy without running any such IP changer.

If you have bought the game from thailand and you are trying to run it after enabling hotspot shield, then don't ... un-install the shield and remove all of this remaining stuff, and try running the game again, it won't disturb you.

Hotspot shield is the biggest cause of these region locks ... either you are on uplay facebook .. twitter or any other online platform.

Hope it helps

Jessigirl2013
11-01-2015, 12:37 PM

Huh what's with the double post? This thread was a month old

I thought the issue was resolved?

How did you fix it? Then the thread can be closed.

Ommicrone
09-11-2016, 01:29 PM
I am sorry for the very late response. But I think some of your questions need to e answered.

I didn't buy the game while Hotspot Shield was running. It was a boxed package and I bought it from a store. So hotspot shield running on my computer has nothing to do with that. I did this process to activate the game since support team said that I should be able to activate the key. Otherwise I would have returned the key. And I am aware about the downsides of this process.

And sorry for the little offensive addressing towards Ubisoft services. I have been playing their games since late 2012. They might not be the best. But Uplay is probably the best client right now :)

Please be kind enough to close this thread.