PDA

View Full Version : How do I turn off UPlay ads

CuAnnan
09-26-2015, 04:05 AM
I know what games I'm going to buy.
I know what games I'm interested in.
Stop advertising at me.
Most people pirate games and this is why.
You have my money, stop advertising at me. You are punishing people who pay for the games and incentivising piracy.

hyperhop
10-09-2015, 10:30 AM
Stop advertising at me.
You have my money, stop advertising at me. You are punishing people who pay for the games and incentivising piracy.

I totally agree. There should be some sort of option to turn off ads, and also only have ads for the specific game series you own.

I don't mind reminders and updates if they are relevant to the game. E.g. patches.

Ubi-Kay
10-10-2015, 02:39 PM
Hey.

I guess this is related to the post-game notification window? There is no way to disable this in the current build but it has been noted as a suggestion for the future. Thanks.

RdJ1
10-11-2015, 04:33 PM
Also, I believe this popup only shows once a day.

Jack.1n
11-30-2015, 08:39 AM
Well ill make sure not buy games that require Uplay in the future if that is the case.

bibbisbibbis
12-03-2015, 03:42 AM
Also, I believe this popup only shows once a day.
Nope.
It shows up EVERY SINGLE TIME YOU CLOSE A GAME.

So right now for instance, I'm having a ton of issues with the new Rainbow Six game, and every time it closes, Uplay shows me a new ad...

I'm so tired of Uplay...
I HATE having to use it, even for the games that Ubisoft are also releasing on Steam...
It takes you 5 minutes to see how much we HATE Uplay if you go to the Steam forums for each Steam game that also requires Uplay.

Dangerstranger6
12-03-2015, 09:12 AM
It's not enough that Uplay has to be a separate superfluous program but they also have to include their own ads in addition to Steam's ads.

Why doesn't Uplay merge into Steam and stop grasping at straws as the middle man?

kandidgrace
12-13-2015, 05:27 AM
Hey.

I guess this is related to the post-game notification window? There is no way to disable this in the current build but it has been noted as a suggestion for the future. Thanks.

The sooner intrusive ads are removed the better imo. Here's a suggestion: pay us for having to put up with ads being thrown in our faces. I don't care if its even once a day, its once too many. please keep us updated i'm almost over uplay and the poo that goes with it.

DK Portela
02-07-2016, 01:09 PM
Hey.

It's not a suggestion, its a requirement if you want to stay doing business. Stop punishing your customers.

WID992007
02-07-2016, 07:47 PM
try this

open Uplay

open settings

check the box that says

Minimize Uplay to system tray when the application window is closed

Pekmez-Pita
02-08-2016, 06:51 PM
Every time i exit the game, a new ad pops up and the client doesn't remain minimized in the system tray either. That ticked option in the settings is useless.

And Ubisoft wants to compete with Steam? Not with this type of software.

Fendolis
02-19-2016, 04:48 AM
Has there been any more word as to whether this is getting fixed? An option to turn off that advertisement window after I close a game would be very welcome. It really does discourage me (and I'm sure others) from playing games that require Uplay. For instance, both Steam, Origin, and Galaxy have an option to turn it off and/or adjust its frequency. It would be considered respectful to give people the option to turn it off, especially since it's shown when exiting a game. I'm not sure why, but sticking an ad in someone's face when they're trying to stop playing seems extra abrasive for some reason.

III-GabeN-III
02-20-2016, 10:56 AM
i dont know if your still having the issue. but the fix is go into settings and under the option that says what opens when the client is closed or relaunched change it to your games. the default is 'news' ie pop ups. or as i like to call them pirate encourages ^^o

III-GabeN-III
02-20-2016, 10:57 AM
the fix is go into settings and under the option that says what opens when the client is closed or relaunched change it to your games. the default is 'news' ie pop ups. or as i like to call them pirate encourages ^^o

Fendolis
02-29-2016, 04:02 AM
the fix is go into settings and under the option that says what opens when the client is closed or relaunched change it to your games. the default is 'news' ie pop ups. or as i like to call them pirate encourages ^^o

Thanks for the suggestion, but that's not the issue I'm having. You're talking about the main window showing the store, but I'm talking about a little popup window (on top of the main window that you have to close every..single...time) that pops up right when you finish playing a game showing an advertisement for a different game. They call it a "spotlight," and it's very obnoxious, especially because it pops up as soon as you exit a game.

I've included a screenshot of what I'm talking about (I added a red box around the ad/spotlight in question).

imgur.com/SqomSmM

Pekmez-Pita
02-29-2016, 06:04 PM
Thanks for the suggestion, but that's not the issue I'm having. You're talking about the main window showing the store, but I'm talking about a little popup window (on top of the main window that you have to close every..single...time) that pops up right when you finish playing a game showing an advertisement for a different game. They call it a "spotlight," and it's very obnoxious, especially because it pops up as soon as you exit a game.

I've included a screenshot of what I'm talking about (I added a red box around the ad/spotlight in question).

imgur.com/SqomSmM (http://imgur.com/SqomSmM)

Aye. Steam does it too but only the first time you log in for a day and if there are deals. Uplay's annoying **** pops up whenever you exit a game and they're not even deals. Just lame advertising.
FYI, Ubisoft. I have yet to buy a game directly from your overpriced store and i probably never will.

So, stop it with this **** already!

Fendolis
03-02-2016, 01:38 PM
Aye. Steam does it too but only the first time you log in for a day and if there are deals. Uplay's annoying **** pops up whenever you exit a game and they're not even deals. Just lame advertising.
FYI, Ubisoft. I have yet to buy a game directly from your overpriced store and i probably never will.

So, stop it with this **** already!

True that Steam's default system is much better. Another huge, important difference, though, is that steam is respectful enough to include an option to turn it off.

I haven't bought anything from UPlay's store either, I've only used UPlay-only codes from a graphics card purchase and humble bundles. I would never intentionally choose to use Uplay over steam, for this reason, and others.

Sadly now even Microsoft is pushing their store to compete with steam, yet you can't mod the games they sell on the microsoft store, and you are limited in your graphics options. Steam isn't perfect, but these other companies are making it really, really easy to prefer steam for direct purchases.

Pekmez-Pita
03-02-2016, 05:02 PM
True that Steam's default system is much better. Another huge, important difference, though, is that steam is respectful enough to include an option to turn it off.

I haven't bought anything from UPlay's store either, I've only used UPlay-only codes from a graphics card purchase and humble bundles. I would never intentionally choose to use Uplay over steam, for this reason, and others.

Sadly now even Microsoft is pushing their store to compete with steam, yet you can't mod the games they sell on the microsoft store, and you are limited in your graphics options. Steam isn't perfect, but these other companies are making it really, really easy to prefer steam for direct purchases.

I wouldn't worry about Microsoft or Vista 2.0

The only people that should worry about Windows 10 are the moronic developers that made their products exclusive to that obvious honey trap.

It will backfire and tank just like Vista and GFWL did.

But, yeah. They're all inferior to Steam and light years behind in every aspect. People give Valve **** but where would the PC industry be without their influence? Thanks to Steam, PC gaming has become highly profitable and more accessible to a larger audience.

rikwes66
03-02-2016, 10:49 PM
Indeed : those little popup windows are extremely irritating. Steam did that for a while as well, but then "saw the light "and stopped showing those pop-up ads. To UBisoft I'd say this : we already bought games made by your company so you can stop spamming ads .

Besides being anoying , you can acciently click inside the popup ad as well ,opening a browser when your intent was to start a game you bought from the very company doing the spamming

Cut it out,already ...we're already your paying customers....

Dude752
03-04-2016, 09:51 PM
I don't use Steam or any DRM to be honest. I did however want to buy Far Cry 3. I had hoped it might show up on GoG, but I doubt that will happen anytime soon. Anyway, I had considered buying the game and trying Uplay, If I don't like it, it's not like I'm out a ton of money. Heck, I gave Steam a try and dumped them pretty quick. That's OK, I hear Gabe needs my money for more food.

Then I found this thread.

Thanks, you saved me a few dollars and some moments of getting angry.

Alfred_Neuman
03-29-2016, 05:56 PM
This is really irritating when streaming from another computer over steam`s IHS (in home streaming), because when your done playing a Ubisoft game and exit to play something else this stupid ad pop`s up and you have to go inn to whatever room your gaming pc`s @ and close the bloody thing! :mad:

Sherm1984
03-31-2016, 10:33 PM
I've had to use bloody cracks, ads total wreaked my hyperpsin install.

Some people stream or use just a controller or have arcade setups, ads are for free2play games not bought ones so kindly go away...

Crimtide
04-02-2016, 05:43 PM
try this

open Uplay

open settings

check the box that says

Minimize Uplay to system tray when the application window is closed

I don't think anyone from UBI Soft knows wtf is going on.. when's this going to be fixed or when are you going to give us the option to STOP THE POP UPS.. it's literally after you exit every game.. I don't want to buy The Division season pass.. so stop asking me to every time I exit The Division..

Crimtide
04-02-2016, 05:45 PM
Hey.

When is the future? Post about this all over the internet.. please put a stop to it instead of just reading a script and saying "its noted thanks".. uPlay is ridiculous..

Fritzoune
04-14-2016, 11:13 PM
Hello sir, take my support for this request.
Uplay ads are anoying as hell. Damn it I buy the game, it is not to see ads about the (same) games. I don't want to see any ads at ALL.
Stupid c** developpers @ubi. No Wonder why you don't make good business these days.
Even on the forum, after logged in, we need to confirm with image verification.
uplay, worst client ever. Even Origin is better and less anyoing.

jgfuntime
04-21-2016, 01:58 PM
The recent rise in steaming games from one pc to another and using a controller has made it so we really are struggling to enjoy our games with this add popup. It won't cancel with controller and makes it so I have to go to the pc steaming the game from and click on it to close., The sad thing is my setup allows me to stream games from my host pc to any pc I login with over the internet and play as long as the location has broadband access. The frame rate is acceptable and I rather enjoy my freedom. With this annoying popup I can get one game to play and exit session. Once that is done I cannot play another ubisoft game till I go to the location of the pc and click on the popup as there is no way to disable it via controller. Please consider this as a plea for some assistance Ubisoft. Otherwise your lack of interest shows a sign of regression from current trends and dates your business practices as a software developer. Streaming and controller support are essential gaming devices in today's games. Your very own Assassin's Creed series has messages saying the series would be more enjoyable for controller as it was built with those in mind. That maybe so but Uplay was not so built if it has popups that cannot be disables via controller.

Dr.muharz
04-30-2016, 02:52 AM
Dear ubisoft,

this is the first and last game I'll ever buy from you.
"But why" you might ask.

First of all, the idea alone to deliver pop up ads on a mandatory steam clone is absolutely ridiculous. It would be an impudence to have an option and have it enabled by default, but having no option to turn this annoying **** off? That beats everything. Absolutely intolerable!

And by the way, you ****ed up the one big glitch/bug you call "The Division". Big time.

Kyosji
05-22-2016, 03:21 PM
7 months later, still having popups for crap I don't want. Why am I paying full retail price for games when your adverting as if it was a freeware/discountware system.

As for Steam ads. I've never seen them, and I've been using steam since its conception. Must be a hidden option somewhere to disable them.

Pekmez-Pita
05-25-2016, 06:17 PM
Give us an option to disable "Spotlight". I am not interested in the titles you're advertising! It's annoying.

That's the only thing it achieves. Annoying the **** out of me!

Jack.1n
06-06-2016, 10:56 AM
Seems like Ubisoft does not give a damn about its customers and only cares for profit, it is because of things like this i regret preordering the division and will not be preordering wildlands.

MattStiles
06-07-2016, 09:35 PM
Give us an option to disable "Spotlight".
That's the only thing it achieves. Annoying the **** out of me!

THIS! 1000x

macca392
06-12-2016, 07:30 AM
This might work if you try this approach?

Navigate to,,
C:\Program Files (x86)\Ubisoft\Ubisoft Game Launcher\cache -> and delete the news folder,

Works for me sof far ;-) It's just a shame that we have to bugger about with trying to get fixes or resolve annoyances tyhat shouldn't be there in the first place

LokiAldebaran
07-01-2016, 01:51 AM
This might work if you try this approach?

Navigate to,,
C:\Program Files (x86)\Ubisoft\Ubisoft Game Launcher\cache -> and delete the news folder,

Works for me sof far ;-) It's just a shame that we have to bugger about with trying to get fixes or resolve annoyances tyhat shouldn't be there in the first place

That didn't work for me. I ended up making a very simple AutoIt script that tries to kill the window every 100 milliseconds.

Download and install AutoIt. It's freeware, you can google it.
Copy the text below.
Open Notepad.
Paste the text.
Save it as spotlightcloser.au3 wherever you want (you can pick your own name but the extention ".au3" is vital)
Double click it to start it.

To start it every time windows start copy the file, browse to c:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Startup\, right mouse button click on an empty space in the window and choose "Paste Shortcut".

Opt("TrayIconHide", 1) ; Prevent the AutoIt System Tray icon from appearing
While 1 ; Start infinite loop
WinKill("Spotlight") ; Tries to kill the Spotlight window if it exists
Sleep(100) ; Wait for 100 milliseconds
WEnd ; Loop back

It is more cumbersome to setup then other proposed solutions but you only have to do this once and it should kill the Spotlight popup every time pretty much as soon as it pops up.

MadameMinty
08-05-2016, 09:37 AM
I just got R6: Siege after the free weekend, which ended 4 days ago. I keep getting the "Spotlight" ad about this free weekend. Half a week ago. For a game I own.

This "feature" is broken, useless and annoying. It either has to be completely revamped or removed.

I got to "C:\Program Files (x86)\Ubisoft\Ubisoft Game Launcher\cache\news" and removed the folder's rights, all of them. Nothing and no one can write or read it. We'll see how it works on Uplay :D

Xorathalos
09-18-2016, 07:06 AM
Hey.

So, it's been about a year and this still hasn't made it from being a note to being implemented. Please get it brought up and remove the post-game notification. If you want to notify me of something do it on startup. I'm ready to stop interfacing with my game and uplay when I quit a game, it's a bad time to display an ad.

Pekmez-Pita
09-29-2016, 01:24 PM
I'd have to be out of my ****ing mind to support you *****s by purchasing Watch Dogs 2 or Wildlands. Take your spotlight feature and shove it deep down your annoying and quite incompetent *******s!

I am really looking forward to the Vivendi acquisition!

roby-
09-29-2016, 07:07 PM
That didn't work for me. I ended up making a very simple AutoIt script that tries to kill the window every 100 milliseconds.
Cool and thanks for sharing the script. I rather alt+f4 though and tend to troll people trying out that keys to gain access to secret cheat options.

Greebo34
10-12-2016, 04:17 AM
Hey.

A YEAR ON and still no fix for this adware!!!!! WTH?

Towawi
10-20-2016, 08:23 AM
Hey UBISOFT,

PLEASE STOP SPAMMING US WITH POPUP ADS. ITS WRONG ON SO MANY LEVELS, YOU ARE JUST ASKING PEOPLE TO BOYCOTT YOU.

At the very MINIMUM give us control over the popup via an option in Uplay settings.

-Another very cranky customer who will definitely think twice before making another Ubisoft purchase.

Suburban.Knight
11-05-2016, 02:16 PM
+1 Yes please stop these pop up ads, it's totally unnecessary and annoying.

Pekmez-Pita
11-08-2016, 04:40 AM
http://www.vivendi.com/en/press/press-releases/vivendi-owns-more-than-24-of-ubisofts-share-capital/

Only a few more percent to go!

Enjoy the job security while you still have it! Useless peons of Ubisoft!

That is bound to change in the very near future.

Etuldan
11-22-2016, 08:01 PM
Hey.

More than one YEAR, still nothing ?

Lysette88
11-28-2016, 06:28 AM
I wonder what is different with my system then - I do not see ads after closing the uplay client or shutting down a game.

Doonof
11-30-2016, 04:16 PM
i agree, remove ADS!

BlazDT
12-04-2016, 07:17 PM
Remove those ads. Last game ever purchased with UPlay if this crap keeps up.

Attea21
12-15-2016, 09:24 PM
I just got R6: Siege after the free weekend, which ended 4 days ago. I keep getting the "Spotlight" ad about this free weekend. Half a week ago. For a game I own.

This "feature" is broken, useless and annoying. It either has to be completely revamped or removed.

I got to "C:\Program Files (x86)\Ubisoft\Ubisoft Game Launcher\cache\news" and removed the folder's rights, all of them. Nothing and no one can write or read it. We'll see how it works on Uplay :D

Thanks! This really works. And you don't have to remove every folder rights. You only have to delete the folder content and then remove the "write"-rights for every user/group.

Dave3d07
12-21-2016, 03:40 PM
Thanks! This really works. And you don't have to remove every folder rights. You only have to delete the folder content and then remove the "write"-rights for every user/group.

Sweet, works great!

SketchSlayer
01-21-2017, 01:29 AM
Yeah but just removing all rights for the folder is the faster option as it's just open advanced security settings remove the inherit option then select remove and it's sorted.
And it's still only a work around as it's not removing the ad thing but disallowing it content which makes it auto-close after like half a second.

XDeadzX
02-20-2017, 11:59 AM
http://i.imgur.com/aFNHjuY.png

Seriously. Ad advertisement that steals focus, for the game I just stopped playing. This is stupid. Both of Uplay's competitors allow us to opt out of pop-up advertisements. Uplay has no option to do so. Not only that, but it doesn't care if you already own the product it's trying to sell you. Again, stupid.

Please let us opt out of these, or at least make them relevant to the user and not random. If you want to advertise sales to me, go ahead. But give me the option to opt out and don't force a popup of a game I already own.

Yakkte
02-20-2017, 01:05 PM
Aye. Steam does it too but only the first time you log in for a day and if there are deals.
No! You can disable that too!

Yakkte
02-20-2017, 01:10 PM
Stop advertising at me.
You can buy UbiSoft games only at Steam, sadly that is the only solution to get rid of this post screens for now.

Zayetto
02-21-2017, 10:09 AM
Hey.

can't belive is 2017 and ubisoft is so fucturd

Gemini-Iceland
03-04-2017, 01:56 AM
This is not ok Ubisoft. Things like this are a good way to make me stay away from your products! The person that thought a forced popup after I exit a game was a good idea should be fired...

caLmdown_
03-04-2017, 06:06 PM
Is there a way to disable to ads uPlay gives you when you close a game? (or in my case, with For Honor, when it crashes)
I keep getting ads on uPlay about games I ALREADY OWN on uPlay and it's really annoying me.. I mean, I already bought the games from you Ubisoft, why do you show me an ad about that same game?

Gemini-Iceland
03-06-2017, 01:48 AM
This is still a thing... Advertisements when I quit a fully paid product... Ubisoft... What are you doing...

CrysAk.
03-07-2017, 12:34 PM

give this guy a cookie!

lifesaver...

Uplay.. sort it out

CrysAk.
03-09-2017, 02:36 PM
WHY do you keep spamming your users with adverts, often for games that we already own after every time we close a game (or when it crashes.. or fails to launch)

Give us the option to opt out, we have PAID for your games, you then force UPlay onto us, even if we buy through Steam and then have the nerve to spam us with adverts after every session...

sort it out ubi

CrysAk.
03-09-2017, 05:38 PM
WHY do you keep spamming your users with adverts, often for games that we already own after every time we close a game (or when it crashes.. or fails to launch)

Give us the option to opt out, we have PAID for your games, you then force UPlay onto us, even if we buy through Steam and then have the nerve to spam us with adverts after every session...

sort it out ubi

so you can consolidate posts but not update us on what's happening with it.
ubi replied over a year ago about this same issue and i still see more posts about this cropping up so when can we expect an update/fix for this

Lesani_AUT
03-13-2017, 11:27 PM
Hey.

It's 2017 now, still there are non-optional popup ads after playing a paid game.

but not only that, that wretched software will even try to sell me a game I already own - or rather JUST QUIT!

Here is a screenshot:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/urzv567rrf7a983/Screenshot_8.png?dl=0

Gemini-Iceland
03-19-2017, 02:34 AM
I have decided to not buy anything that will popup as an uplay ad after I play my already paid for games. No matter what game that is.

maxvigorous
03-21-2017, 05:30 PM
When I quit a uplay game an advertisement appears. I find it annoying, I buy what I need, I do not need what you advertice, Ubisoft.

frohanss
03-24-2017, 04:27 PM
This is worse then adware, atleast for them we can use adware killers..
This gdamn popup will make sure i never buy uplay games anymore, and when im done with GR wildlands, Uplay is removed from my computer, as it looks like the only way to remove this "adware" :mad: :mad:

wid.
03-26-2017, 12:03 AM
I get a lot of ad spam about games i have already bought.

it is very annoying.

ATG_WIZz
03-27-2017, 02:59 AM
I get a lot of ad spam about games i have already bought.

it is very annoying.

It's inconsiderate, rude and disrespectful to all ubisoft customers!

Jokes0nU2
03-27-2017, 06:09 AM
Hey.

PLEASE get rid of that ****.

mobsweeper
03-31-2017, 08:13 AM
I have decided to not buy anything that will popup as an uplay ad after I play my already paid for games. No matter what game that is.

and we are meaning everything from ubi
m I r8 bro?

MrSzechuanSauce
04-10-2017, 01:08 AM
and we are meaning everything from ubi
m I r8 bro?

yes, bro. you are reight.

Seriously tho, this is so annoying. It makes me hate you guys more and more any time I close a game and need to see your sub-par client with it's annoying ads. Please let us have an option to get rid of that nuisance.

Trylobot
04-15-2017, 07:33 AM
****ing FIVE ****ING YEARS LATER it's STILL A ******* FEATURE THAT CANNOT BE DISABLED

HEY UBISOFT?! **** YOU HOLY **** OH MY GOD

Eike.Kusch
05-08-2017, 10:41 AM
Upping this post and hoping people will keep it alive.

Forcing advertisement on people should be punishable by law. Is it not in some countries? These despicable tactics make me think twice before buying any games coming from Ubisoft.

And treating us like fools for years : "Oh we're so sorry we'll think about removing ads it in a future build". Yeah right.

NeoGalaxy
05-17-2017, 02:09 PM
Not even GOD can turn off those f-ing ads.... sadly.

Eike.Kusch
06-02-2017, 04:58 PM
Hey.

2 years later, still waiting for an answer.

Aki_Ren
06-05-2017, 03:20 AM
Please remove the Ads after i close a game I don't like the pop up ...
i purchased The game please don't shove Ads down my throat..
this ad-ware behaviour and seems to me to be Forcefull... and unnessesary
and i do not recomend the Uplay service to friends for that exact reason

NeoGalaxy
06-06-2017, 11:44 AM
To be honest I think that this should be sorted as we speak. I for one, would prefer to no longer buy any game till I see it sorted out. I am not really a big Uplay fan anyway but this is annoying like hell. I don't really know if Ubisoft's employees know how bussiness work but if some customers will no longer buy their products (also called games here), it's not the customer who's at a loss here...

Krakadoom
06-13-2017, 08:47 PM
Still an issue. I didn't know uPlay was such a pain in the ***. Will definitely be making my purchases on Steam in the future instead.

Every time I close a game, I have to close two other windows? What non-moneygrubbing developer would think that's a good idea?

Advertising does not work when the net effect is p*ssing off the people who see the ad.

Shenmue_Saga
06-14-2017, 07:38 AM
they would never get rid of it.

mpcheu
06-29-2017, 01:09 AM
As of June 28, 2017, the popups remain.

The only way I've found that disables the uplay pop up ads that show up after exiting a ubisoft uplay dependent game is to put it in offline mode. This disables achievements and multiplayer features in most of their games, but no popup ads occur when exiting a uplay dependent game.

Not sure about others, but with Far Cry 3 and Far Cry 4 at least, uplay still tracks your achievements, you just won't get credit for them until you put uplay back in online mode

uplay is not really offline though, as it still goes through the DRM log in prior to launching a game.

The popup ads come back when you put it back in online mode, and you get popup notifications for all the achievements you earned while offline (which is how I know it still tracks them).

SlenderKhaldran
07-22-2017, 04:06 PM
Well because of that pop-up, because of uplay in general. I always advise my friends to don't buy Ubisoft game anymore.
It's sad because a lot of Ubisoft games are good : Child of Light, R6... I wanted to buy Wildlands with 3 friends, then i remembered that it needed Uplay, we all stop before buying it.

We don't want that Uplay pop when we close a game, we don't want that ads pop when we close a game and we don't want to use Uplay AT ALL (well i guess this one is a dream, Ubisoft had the stupid idea to create their own Steam, they won't give it up)...

Well congrats because of your choice to don't update/modify Uplay, many people (i'm sure we are not the only one with my friends) won't buy anymore Ubisoft game how good they are.

uuain
07-24-2017, 01:46 PM
That pop-up advertising is very annoying after you exit a game. I don't want these pop-ups and especially not for products that I already owned.

sleepymikeNA
11-20-2017, 02:59 AM
As of today I have lost it because I keep getting game bugs and every time I close the game, it stops everything Im doing and the client pops up an add for another game from ubisoft.
I am sick of this client and I know they are not going to patch it because its required to run their game, and its their IP.
Theyll just keep saying "yeah we'll think about it" until we give up.

Atta_d
01-07-2018, 01:27 PM
Hi !

1. This thread is 3 years old now. It's 2018 ! Happy New Year

2. The "Community Manager" who replied here back in 2015 has not shown his / her face since then. Nor has any other Ubisoft employee. That should tell you what Ubi thinks of your feedback and opinions ;)

3. I literally own only 2 games on Uplay, that I don't have on Steam and play only one of them. Since then these ads keep annoying the hell out of me ! How can you manage to convince me never to give you money with A SINGLE game. That is crazy. Also, the only reason I play that one game is because I got it for free. It seems that launching a game with Steam will launch Uplay, but also CLOSE Uplay once you exit the game. No ads. So the ideal solution is to just buy games on Steam only :P

To be fair, Uplay has gotten way better since the early days. The Uplay Point stuff is unobtrusive and pretty useful at times and Ubisoft games are either pretty cool, or get Updates and Patches to make them pretty cool. That said, I really can't wait to finish Black List and go back to never opening Uplay ever again.

Good job all round.

NuclearBoyScout
01-24-2018, 07:30 AM
I am SO tired of this popup, and of Ubisoft and all their BS. I am not going to buy any more of your garbage. Enough!

Gu4ev
02-04-2018, 10:54 PM
Hey.

BUY

BUY

BUY

BUY

BUY

BUY

BUY

BUY

BUY

BUY

BUY

Just STOP harassing your customers with these ads. It's totally counterproductive.
You're welcome.

Brinkman0
02-17-2018, 05:58 PM
Yes Ubisoft, we're still out here and we're still annoyed at your marketing departments neat little scheme.

reemi2
03-28-2018, 02:01 PM
Any way to turn off those ad when you close a game... in 2018??

Jalakopoksaus
04-09-2018, 09:37 AM
Hey.

Almost 3 years later and we still can't disable those popup ads.
I guess this is how Ubisoft deals with their paying customers, by stuffing advertisements down to our throats until we choke on them.

We gamers know what games we're interested in and we know which ones we're going to buy. So could you please stop harassing us with irrelevant advertisements and implement this function to the UPlay. While it is true that it only takes just a few seconds to close those ads, but it doesn't change the fact that how annoying they are:

- "Oh, hi again, we're not sure you noticed it the last time we showed it to you, but here's a reminder for this awesome game/DLC that you could be interested, though its noting similar to what you've played before! Please buy it now!"
- "No, for the 20th time I'm still not interested on buying that game/DLC."

...stuff like that...

Kimra_Tekal
04-26-2018, 04:47 PM
From the Oxford Dictionary: occasionally
At infrequent or irregular intervals; now and then.

Not an event that can be reproduced 100% guaranteed every day then, some might say, “predictably”.

This is forced advertising and it is illegal where I live.

To put it to an analogy, take your phone service provider, they call you to offer other services, then 24 hours pass, you use the phone, they call you again to discus other services they provide, 2 days pass you use the phone, they call you again to discus other services they provide, 26 hours pass you use the phone, they call you again to discus other services they provide, 3 weeks pass you use the phone, they call you again to discus other services they provide, 36 hours pass you use the phone, they call you again to discus other services they provide.

That is officially harassment, so you tell them to stop, if they call again to offer you anything (even a biscuit) you could sue for harassment.

I am telling Ubisoft to stop forcing advertisements. I will not support them in any way (including not launching your client) until they stop.

Ubisoft will point you to the agreement/terms of service, which is why I start this with the definition of occasionally, to educate them on the meaning of a word they are using in a legal document.

The only reason this is a problem is they force you to use Uplay, software that is not required to run their games.

It’s sad that if you pay they ask you for more, over and over again, if you pirate, you play hassle free.

Kaastosti_NL
05-14-2018, 09:14 PM
Just got hooked on the Assassin's Creed games and unfortunately those require uPlay, with the absolutely horrible spotlight popup _every_ time you exit a game. Well done Ubisoft, my first experience with uPlay made me decide to go back to pirating for any sequels. If you completely ignore your customer, then no more money for you.

Just let us whether or not we want any additional information/popups (the answer is NO). Even better, quit working on this crappy platform and just release games through Steam. It works, is way more player friendly and will never generate the amount of hate you've been getting over this.

Kornfan2007
05-19-2018, 11:04 AM
Was doing the free trial of Rainbow Six Siege. Was on the fence about it, but after getting multiple pop ups on leaving the game and searching for how to disable it, I find this 3 year old thread with Ubi saying it has been noted. If they can't fix something so minor as a bug in not allowing me to disable adverts, I have no interest in using the service. They can't claim it is a feature as no one really wants adverts on a service they are paying money through.

So, I shall uninstall the game. Close Uplay and go back to just using Steam and PS4

Digital_Merc
06-29-2018, 07:22 AM
so here we are, almost THREE effing years later, and its still not an option? Friends talked me into trying Division again, and after I close the game I'm rewarded with a fking advertisement? Screw you aholes.

This is why I quit playing any Poopsoft/Uplay title, and I should have known better than to think they'd pull their collective greedy heads out.

Not even 'the most hated game company in the world [EA] is this brazen with their overzealous marketing schemes.

Uplay, you just lost another player.

joridiculous
07-12-2018, 03:03 AM
Hey.

Almost three years in and nothing have been done.
Is it really your way of keeping you customers by Spamming them with Ads each and every time you play a ubi soft game? (Even the game you where currently playing! WTF?
For the love of what ever might be holy: LEARN from Steam! That ( by then) a SMAL independent studio manged to make a very workable tiny client that dont spam you with ads, MINIMIZE be Default to system tray, Does NOT open up when you quit a game. Did i mention NO SPAM?

If we want to see ads for games, we open the Store!

joridiculous
07-17-2018, 07:39 PM
Why TF do you force all the obnoxious ADS down our throats? Its bad enough we have to use the POS uPlay.

joridiculous
07-19-2018, 02:25 PM
NO ONE WANTS IT!:mad:

nickywilt07
07-19-2018, 03:32 PM
some people do

Arcau
08-22-2018, 07:55 PM
as the title says, really guys EVERY time.

kingmustard69
09-10-2018, 03:56 PM
I've paid for many games that need to use Uplay.

I don't need adverts to appear most times I close a game :/

PADDYWAK
09-14-2018, 09:44 AM
Adding my support for an option to turn off these annoying ad popups in Uplay.

VBProject
09-23-2018, 04:13 PM
It's been 3 YEARS since Ubi member promised "to address this in future update". And still it does exists. Can you finally remove it please?

I wouldn't care if those pop-ups wouldn't minimize every damn game I decided to play after uPlay one. But they do appear and minimize EVERYTHING ELSE and there're like 5 of them.

Can you PLEASE fix the code so AT LEAST they don't interfere with other programs if you so in need to have them?

SkeamR
10-22-2018, 07:28 AM
Uplay is advertising games I already own... it does this daily... this is just embarrassing and deterring me from making any future purchases.

DaVinci1981
10-25-2018, 11:38 PM
Uplay is advertising games I already own... it does this daily... this is just embarrassing and deterring me from making any future purchases.

or games I just don't like and will never buy...come on Ubisoft, this is ridiculous

Brinkman0
11-06-2018, 12:13 PM
Disable this "feature" in the next build please.

Mumpfi3k
11-18-2018, 02:47 AM
The Thread and the Request for an Option to disable thee annoying Ads is 3 Years old.

Mumpfi3k
11-19-2018, 11:55 PM
@Ubisoft Editing my Post doesnt make it better... Fact is, you Guys dont care since 3 Years.

Criticizing Ubisoft for your Mentality seem not to be allowed aswell. First Post erased, Second edited... proves my Point.

Ubi-Kay
11-20-2018, 12:14 PM
Hi Mumpfi3k,

I edited your post to remove the toxic comments targeting a specific nationality, I did not touch your actual criticism.

MaceRunner3k
11-20-2018, 07:20 PM
You banned my Account for 2 Weeks due to my Private Message... because you cant deal with critism. Ive chosen to write a Private Message instead of opening a Thread that might caused a Flamewar or a negative Mood / Agitation in General. Instead of proving me wrong in my Arguments, you banned my Account.

Im sure, you did not even read the Message after all...

a.giraffe
11-23-2018, 02:14 AM
STOP with this ****ty constant popup

i will NEVER buy another game from ubisoft so take your popup and **** off

Ubi-Kay
11-29-2018, 02:31 PM
Hello everyone,

Be sure to check out the latest patch notes:

Changes in this release

Added an option to enable/disable post game notifications.

Thanks.

Gu4ev
11-29-2018, 11:49 PM
Originally Posted by Ubi-Kay

Changes in this release

Added an option to enable/disable post game notifications.

OMG ! I can't believe it ! They did it !!! :D

NEXT STEP: give the user the choice to let Uplay minimized after exiting a game, and so prevent it to show ads for the new version. (ETA: 2021)

These agressive commercial practices are really irritating. At least for a certain amount of gamers. It's like SPAM. I hate spam.

Ubi-Kay
11-30-2018, 11:35 AM
Hey Gu4ev,

I'm not entirely sure what you mean by this part, think you could clarify?

and so prevent it to show ads for the new version. (ETA: 2021)

Gu4ev
11-30-2018, 10:24 PM
Hello Ubi-Kay

Thank you for your question.

Here is what I mean: I launch Uplay minimized (shortcut > upc.exe -uplay_silent), start a game from the system tray; close the game, then Uplay window pops up on the page of the game i've just played, with an order a friendly suggestion to get the new version of it:

http://image.noelshack.com/fichiers/2018/48/5/1543610888-uplay-2.png

So it would be awesome if Uplay could stay minimized after exiting a game. Steam does so, Origin also, why not Uplay?
I think it would be too much to ask Ubisoft not to promote their games of the same franchise on owned games' pages, so I won't. It would be nice though.

Incidentally, since the last update, Uplay pops up on my system with a blank page:

http://image.noelshack.com/fichiers/2018/48/5/1543611903-uplay-1.png

[i hpe my english is not too bad]

Talwick
01-22-2019, 02:13 PM
Agreed. What sort of moron decided that the place to put in an advert is after a game closes.

I don't know about you, but the only times a game closes on my computer is for the following reasons:
1. I've had enough - I'm not in the mood for games anymore, so why advertise?
2. I have to go suddenly - a pop up preventing me at this time IS frustrating and inconsiderate.
3. The game has crashed - and I'm likely pissed off about that, so another title thrust in my face isn't helpful.

Please Ubisoft, be a little smarter. Just advertise when your client is opened like Steam does, then leave us be.
Oh, and you can be smart like Origin too, and give an option to automatically close your client when the game is (manually - not for a crash).