PDA

View Full Version : Ubisoft Charity Jam livestream - New gameplay

WYRDB0Y
09-26-2015, 02:00 AM
http://www.twitch.tv/ubisoft/v/17209333?t=8h13m05s

Here's some new gameplay, there's a little chat before the match you might want to check out too.

Love the bait at 8h18m09s and the DFA mechanic.

MisterWillow
09-26-2015, 06:30 AM
Officially changing faction to Pink Tigers. :o

Agreed about the DFAs. Kind of wish they had an actual animation (like you drop and stick your sword into your opponent and twist it), rather than how they seem to just drop on someone. Maybe they're still working on it.

MrJoker.
09-26-2015, 01:22 PM
Thanks a lot. I now want to buy and play!!
Hype!!

WYRDB0Y
09-26-2015, 03:12 PM
Officially changing faction to Pink Tigers. :o

That will be a clan name, if SpaceElephant doesn't make it, we will steal it ;)

Agreed about the DFAs. Kind of wish they had an actual animation (like you drop and stick your sword into your opponent and twist it), rather than how they seem to just drop on someone. Maybe they're still working on it.

You mean like some animation that would lock you in place and make you vulnerable? Use it to balance out OHK?

Quikkfeet
09-27-2015, 12:37 AM
http://www.twitch.tv/ubisoft/v/17209333?t=8h13m05s

Here's some new gameplay, there's a little chat before the match you might want to check out too.

Love the bait at 8h18m09s and the DFA mechanic.

Thanks for the new gameplay video. So excited for this game. Definitely at the top of my wishlist.

Altair_Snake
09-27-2015, 06:15 AM
Holy #$%&! Dat 1v3!

In the post-game talk, Jason mentioned the equipment affecting the stats, which is kinda bad. But he said it will be subtle, to keep things fair... so it's hopefully OK.

MisterWillow
09-27-2015, 08:38 AM
That will be a clan name, if SpaceElephant doesn't make it, we will steal it ;)

:D

You mean like some animation that would lock you in place and make you vulnerable? Use it to balance out OHK?

I wasn't thinking of game balance at all, but there could be something to that. I meant it more as a criticism that they just look a bit bland. I'd prefer an actual animation (like the executions) to simply dropping on someone's head and then striding off.

In the post-game talk, Jason mentioned the equipment affecting the stats, which is kinda bad. But he said it will be subtle, to keep things fair... so it's hopefully OK.

Is that what he said? I thought he was saying that there was simple player progression in terms of long-term stat improvement (kept minor so as not to muck with balance too much), but didn't hear it being tied to gear choices. Maybe I misheard or conflated sentences, though.

Altair_Snake
09-27-2015, 08:46 AM
Maybe I misheard or conflated sentences, though.
Me too. :p And I hope you heard right.

SpaceElephant
09-30-2015, 09:31 PM
Haha yeah, let's do a Pink Tiger Clan !