PDA

View Full Version : Starting Games in Syndicate

trebor22031982
09-25-2015, 11:14 PM
In Unity, you only had one save and had to go into the saves folder to remove it so you could start again
Black Flag and other AC games had multiple save slots
Is Syndicate going to have multiple save slots so we can start a fresh game whenever we want?

Alphacos007
09-26-2015, 01:30 AM
No one knows, we will have to wait untill release to answer that.

Jessigirl2013
09-27-2015, 08:35 AM
Lets hope they realised there mistake with Unity.

If they don't bring it back in Syndicate, then its doubtful they will bring it back in future AC.

strigoi1958
09-27-2015, 07:03 PM
Yes multiple save slots are definitely useful... In Unity I used to rename the save folder with an A so if unity was 720 it would be 720A then the new game would be 720 if I wanted to use the first save I would rename 720 to 720B and rename 720A to 720. I did have a save folder called 720start in which I had saved it when Arno starts as an adult and always used that to restart the games so it skipped the basic tutorial... it was simple enough but multiple saves are easier...

Anykeyer
09-29-2015, 08:02 AM
They didnt expect anyone wanting to replay Unity. Not surprising with that ammount of repetitive missions.

trebor22031982
09-29-2015, 11:22 AM
They didnt expect anyone wanting to replay Unity. Not surprising with that ammount of repetitive missions.

More likely expecting players to play co-op missions and only needing to play single player once or something like
Not expecting players wanting to replay from the start and explore Paris from the beginning

strigoi1958
09-29-2015, 11:39 AM
I used multi folders only so I could replay at the same time... once for a test run and the second to try for 100% but it is easier to just replay the memory again :D Also I did it to protect my save in case my hard drive corrupted my data.... but YazX_ made a great backup tool, very clever. I need to find that and install it on my new PC.

Jessigirl2013
09-29-2015, 06:24 PM
Yes multiple save slots are definitely useful... In Unity I used to rename the save folder with an A so if unity was 720 it would be 720A then the new game would be 720 if I wanted to use the first save I would rename 720 to 720B and rename 720A to 720. I did have a save folder called 720start in which I had saved it when Arno starts as an adult and always used that to restart the games so it skipped the basic tutorial... it was simple enough but multiple saves are easier...

I had to read that many times to understand.:rolleyes:
Its such a faff and I want to avoid that in Syndicate.;)

Haha... I know.
But when I had a game breaking bug near the end of the game I wanted to create a 2nd save file so I wouldn't lose my progress as I had done a lot of the secondary objective and missions. And then I could replay the 1st save file when the game was patched and 100% the rest of it.

I would be surprised if it was a issue to have multiple saves?
Like maybe the game couldn't handle it, I don't know I'm not my area of knowledge.

I used multi folders only so I could replay at the same time... once for a test run and the second to try for 100% but it is easier to just replay the memory again :D Also I did it to protect my save in case my hard drive corrupted my data.... but YazX_ made a great backup tool, very clever. I need to find that and install it on my new PC.
Cool where can it be found?