PDA

View Full Version : Assassin's Creed: Syndicate's performance is like Unity

pacmanate
09-25-2015, 09:20 PM
http://www.videogamer.com/ps4/assassins_creed_syndicate/preview-3945.html

Also worth going on youtube, type in AC Syndicate and sort by date. Lots of preview footage.

Frame rate dips with more than 4 guards, looks like its 900p now on PS4. Also read the article above...

Thoughts? Personally would have thought Ubisoft would have learnt from Unity but looks like we are going to have a repeat of last year.

TO_M
09-25-2015, 09:26 PM
Why worry about silly stuff like technical issues when Ubi can instead focus on the important stuff, such as many many many many collectibles, cool new & iconiic equipment/ abilities and racing.

Shahkulu101
09-25-2015, 09:31 PM
You know, I'm going to be controversial, because I'm not on here much anymore so I might as well be honest.

Unity was totally fine. I never noticed frame rate drops even though they were probably there and I didn't experience any bugs that broke the game for me. In fact, subsequent patches actually made the game worse for me!

Maybe I just got really lucky and got a smoother copy of the game - but I suspect it's becasue I can enjoy a game with a few technical hiccups because I'm not obsessed with numbers and see games as something to have fun with rather than machines to be examined on their technical efficiency.

"But the framerate dropped to 20fps at times!" Did it really? Well I didn't notice, and I don't give a toss because I'm enjoying the actual game (to an extent).

pacmanate
09-25-2015, 09:33 PM
You know, I'm going to be controversial, because I'm not on here much anymore so I might as well be honest.

Unity was totally fine. I never noticed frame rate drops even though they were probably there and I didn't experience any bugs that broke the game for me. In fact, subsequent patches actually made the game worse for me!

Maybe I just got really lucky and got a smoother copy of the game - but I suspect it's becasue I can enjoy a game with a few technical hiccups because I'm not obsessed with technical numbers.

"But the framerate dropped to 20fps at times!" Did it really? Well I didn't notice, and I don't give a toss because I'm enjoying the actual game (to an extent).

You just might not be sensitive to frame drops, which is totally fine. Neither am I usually, but running through a Unity crowd was horrible.

20-25fps is not going to be fun, you will notice it in combat when you find it sluggish

Shahkulu101
09-25-2015, 09:37 PM
You just might not be sensitive to frame drops, which is totally fine. Neither am I usually, but running through a Unity crowd was horrible.

20-25fps is not going to be fun, you will notice it in combat when you find it sluggish

Hmmm, running through a crowd was horrible - but I thought that was because of all the fat ladies (and general citizens) getting in your way - perhaps it was also to do with the frame rate, and I did not notice. When it comes to tech stuff in games I'm the last guy to talk to heh heh.

king-hailz
09-25-2015, 09:39 PM
Well there's also many bugs in the game that I've seen like enemies flying away and also glitches with the rope launcher making you fall off sometimes.

EmptyCrustacean
09-25-2015, 10:13 PM

Maybe I just got really lucky and got a smoother copy of the game - but I suspect it's becasue I can enjoy a game with a few technical hiccups because I'm not obsessed with numbers and see games as something to have fun with rather than machines to be examined on their technical efficiency.

tbh the technical probs with Unity wasn't quite game breaking for me either. Yes, the constant stuttering and frame rate drops were annoying but the only game breaking bugs I encountered were on the last two co-op missions. I feel like the bugs distracted everyone from what was really wrong with the game and that's the poor, rushed story and dull repetitive game play.

Alphacos007
09-25-2015, 10:22 PM

I...I...I...don't know what to say... I tought I was the only one like that... Everyone complaining how there were glitches everywhere, how the frame rates were dropping all the time, and I was just sitting there enjoying my game (enjoying might be a strong word as I did not like the game, but not because of the technical aspects). And I am really sensitive to frame drops, anything below 30 gives me headaches, yet I did not notice many drops except when walking through crowds.
And that's not only on Unity, I mean every game so far. I was actually thinking about this today earlier, while I see some people complaining that the game runs on 59 fps instead of 60, I'm just there enjoying my game without even looking at how many fps it is running at. I mean, I played Batman Arkham Knight on PC when it first released, so you can have an idea how much I don't care about the FPS stuff.
I'm not saying we shouldn't complain though, Batman had in fact many issues and I'm glad that the complaining was so big that WB had to retract the game. Means that the users aren't going to take producers ******** excuses anymore. And if any other games releases broken and with problems, the same should happen.

harsab
09-25-2015, 10:37 PM
People like Ubicentral said they hardly noticed any frame drops? Quite a few articles said the game runs much smoother then Unity & it wasn't even the final build.

So I'm a bit confused here on whats going on.

Funny thing is i don't even care because i didn't even notice one problem in Unity but anyhoo.

SofaJockey
09-25-2015, 10:44 PM
People like Ubicentral said they hardly noticed any frame drops? Quite a few articles said the game runs much smoother then Unity & it wasn't even the final build.
So I'm a bit confused here on whats going on.
Funny thing is i don't even care because i didn't even notice one problem in Unity but anyhoo.

I didn't notice issues with Unity either (I played it 3 months post-launch) except climbing in the windows...
So it performs similar to Unity? It's the same console, is that a surprise?

Demo'd the game on the Tour (June) felt great.

HDinHB
09-25-2015, 11:47 PM

May I climb on your bandwagon? I only had game-stopping glitches (I wouldn't necessarily call them game-breaking) with Unity. (One of those was just falling through the ground into an underground lake so I could swim around and look up at the lights and fires--it was pretty.) After the first couple of patches I didn't have any major problems (just things like the invisible horse and pigs in trees). I had a lot of fun playing Unity, my real problems were with the stupid decisions Ubi made (like the ending, the story, the way they handled the blue and gold chests and the interminable club competition).

I didn't associate the crowd problems with frame rate as much as Arno being a pinball.

Wolfmeister1010
09-26-2015, 12:23 AM
Really? I have heard from Eurogamer and IGN and some others that the performance is better than Unity.

Honestly, Unity wasn't even that bad for me in terms of bugs or performance.

Zafar1981
09-26-2015, 12:30 AM
Well to be honest I never faced any animation glitch in Unity and I don't care about the frame rate and resolutions. All that stuff is secondary and it won't worth any thing if the game is super awesome which Unity WASN'T.

Ubi$oft is not only making non polished game but also giving us dumb stories, unacceptable protagonist and week game play. And after burning my money since AC Revaluation I am done and don't want to waste my money.

I had played AC Syndicate demo and I personally believe its not worth buying.

VoXngola
09-26-2015, 01:31 AM
You guys. Just because YOU didn't experience as many bugs or glitches or framerate drops doesn't mean that they didn't exist. There was an outcry for a reason. I didn't have much technical problems either, doesn't mean that Unity's launch wasn't abysmal.

On topic, it's weird because only videogamer reported this. Everywhere else, people are saying that it ran much smoother, had almost no glitches or bugs and that it was running at a steady 30 fps. I guess we just have to wait and find out. If Ubisoft repeats that mistake again, the ****storm that would be caused would be worse than the one last year.

Going4Quests
09-26-2015, 12:58 PM
Remember guys, just like GTA V Assassin's Creed Syndicate is likely to be capped at 30 fps *on consoles*, while it runs 60 fps on PC. Also note that consoles run 720p, and pc 1080p, where Nvidia GPUs are likely to get exclusive higher settings after high and ultra. And for me.. the Nvidia settings deliver higher fps than the high Ubisoft ones. :P

pacmanate
09-26-2015, 01:16 PM
Remember guys, just like GTA V Assassin's Creed Syndicate is likely to be capped at 30 fps *on consoles*, while it runs 60 fps on PC. Also note that consoles run 720p, and pc 1080p, where Nvidia GPUs are likely to get exclusive higher settings after high and ultra. And for me.. the Nvidia settings deliver higher fps than the high Ubisoft ones. :P

Consoles run 900p... no game this gen is going to be 720p at this point.

Also good luck with your PC port... seems like those aren't exactly great...

D.I.D.
09-26-2015, 01:18 PM
Even if Syndicate's performance is the same as Unity's on paper, that means it's actually better. Remember this game has high speed horse chases, trains, etc. This is a much bigger demand than a game where your top speed is a sprint.

Playing Unity again on PC, and it's even more beautiful than I remembered. Oddly my frame rate appears to have dropped slightly since the release build, but that still means a solid 60fps at 1080p with all settings up and Nvidia effects on, and it plays very nicely at 1440p too. Bear in mind this is a double SSD system with a 4GB card, but then again the next Nvidia cards appear to be 12GB beasts and a half-terabyte SSD can be had for under 100 now if you know where to look. Add in the dawning of DX12 and/or Vulkan soon, and there's going to be more reason than ever to use a small PC for the more demanding cross-platform games.

Going4Quests
09-26-2015, 01:28 PM
Consoles run 900p... no game this gen is going to be 720p at this point.

Also good luck with your PC port... seems like those aren't exactly great...

Source please. I've seen multiple reviews on YouTube from people invited to Ubisoft who said this.