PDA

View Full Version : A feedback and probably a suggestion

SerHolmes
09-25-2015, 03:19 PM
So Ubisoft, I have been... as I would put it, a fan, ever since 2012 before the release of Assassin's Creed III. Honestly, I feel that you guys took a bad turn. It was all good until people started hating on some games like Assassin's Creed Revelations or Far Cry 3, I can see where this 'hate' is coming from and I understand it a little. Now I love the Assassin's Creed franchise and it is my favourite game series ever, although not all of the games are as expected, it's still enjoyable but people do not see it in that way because they expect more, for example : Assassin's Creed Unity, the hype was there when it was announced and I was hyped as well, I even woke up at 6am just to watch the live stream of your E3 conference. But after the launch, people have been complaining about various things, the no-face bug, frame rate drops at certain places, crashing, graphics downgrade and stuff like that. I myself have never encountered all these problems and honestly the bugs are funny in a sense but I had to play the game on 800x600 and the lowest setting and I would still lag but I wasn't complaining because I play the game not for it's graphics, I play it for the story and to be honest, I expected more from a game on the works for 4 years, I still love it though.

I also understand the DRM thingy, uPlay and of course the DLC things and in-game purchases. Now if I may, I would suggest not shoving in-game purchases in the games from now on, no companion apps and of course include one of the most anticipated or fun DLCs into the main game itself, not as an exclusive mission thing. I am planning to pre-order Assassin's Creed Syndicate for myself but recently I have had a few thoughts on not pre ordering it. I don't do in-game purchases but really, it brings your reputation down. I am also excited for the Jack The Ripper mission and Dreadful Crimes mission pack but I can only get one of those by paying an extra currency of 58 for the JTR mission and some other stuff that you include. What i'm trying to hint at here is that don't try to compete with other companies or feel the need to make something a DLC or exclusive content because you didn't want to waste time on adding these things in the main game itself. Your annual releases of Assassin's Creed is a pro and a con, the pro is that you keep the story going but the con is that you try to cramp everything up in a short amount of time when we actually want you to take your time with it and make a solid, polished game. Release it a few months later or anything, just make sure it's playable, fun and attracts more players. This suddenly feels like a rant on Assassin's Creed more than the company in general actually.

Just try to understand my point. Focus on the more important things that will help change the company for the better rather than the optional things that takes up your time. I know that people have been calling Ubisoft the next EA and honestly, I can see why, please do not do that to yourself(the company), you make games which are enjoyable but somehow manage to mess it up in a way or another.(Not sure how that works but somehow it does) You may have games that can withstand all these 'hate' like Valiant Hearts, Rayman, the old Prince of Persia, but these won't help. 2014 may have been the worst year in the company but at least try to strive for the better, you always say you want to give gamers what they want, well not trying to pull gamers down but this is what they want : they want perfect, flawless games. Amazing graphics, no lag, no framerate drops, no bullcrap stories, literally flawless. What they fail to realize is that not everything can be perfect, it's like supporting your children and keeping them happy until you stop for once and they hate on you for the rest of their lives because no matter how many positives you may get or give, one negative breaks it all.

P.s. : I do not wish for a... well... 'thread war' or 'comment war' to happen, I'm just expressing my own opinions and if you can't respect that then... well let's be honest, we're all going to Hell either way.