PDA

View Full Version : Assassin's Creed: Syndicate - Model Quality

RVSage
09-25-2015, 06:02 AM
Do people still think Model quality of characters in Syndicate is not as good as unity?

http://i.imgur.com/tQ4sbpy.jpg
Henry Green

http://i.imgur.com/st46maD.jpg
Graham Bell

http://i.imgur.com/R2qhiv4.jpg
Evie

To me it looks the same as Unity. No difference in quality of model. Overall I see slight improvement in graphics

kosmoscreed
09-25-2015, 07:21 AM
Evie for some reason looks a little cartoony to me, I can tell if models are better to be honest but Unity models were awesome, all the cutscenes, specially the ones from the co-op missions are top notch thanks to the 3D models.

EmptyCrustacean
09-25-2015, 07:57 AM
No, the facial models are nowhere near the level of Unity or the motion capture for that matter. And Evie's is by far the worst. I'm starting to think Ubi was telling the truth when they said they found it difficult to build female facial models.

Oh, and the poll is somewhat biased. 'Not better than Unity' doesn't exactly mean 'worse than'.

RVSage
09-25-2015, 08:09 AM
Oh, and the poll is somewhat biased. 'Not better than Unity' doesn't exactly mean 'worse than'.

No bias here. Just chose the wordings because it sounded better to me.

VestigialLlama4
09-25-2015, 08:27 AM
I would say the models in Unity are better, except I don't have the technical skills to directly assess it. To my eyes, the character models of Unity were less cartoony and more defined.

Sorrosyss
09-25-2015, 08:32 AM
There is a difference, but its not that big in my view. I personally think it may be more down to some lighting changes. If this means we get a better framerate I can cope with this minor change though.

VestigialLlama4
09-25-2015, 09:16 AM
I was looking at the longer sequence videos, and I have to say the models are not impressive. Especially the one with Disraeli's wife. I mean she carries this dog in a basket and it's clearly a Dog's Head strapped on top of the box (and it looks like a fox rather than a dog even if is supposed to be a pooch). Mrs. Disraeli also looks like an AC3 old gen style model to me, which means it's still okay-looking. Obviously not created in the same engine but not too different. Compare that to female NPCs in Unity, like Elise, or Sophie Trenet in Unity where they look like characters in their own right. Her hair style is also not done with the greater detail in Unity.

pacmanate
09-25-2015, 10:52 PM
I personally think this new engine makes everyone look like playdoh. The textures seem washed, almost blurred for everything on the characters which is odd.

Wolfmeister1010
09-26-2015, 12:03 AM
That's a PS4 thing.

I think it is running at 900p upscaled to 1080p, and a few methods to reduce aliasing which really blurs the image.

Look how crisp and clear and awesome it looks in this video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D2ZsCWUVO-Y

This is on PC. You can see from the PCSS

I think it looks better than Unity on PC, to be honest, in nearly every aspect

ze_topazio
09-26-2015, 12:08 AM
That's a PS4 thing.

I think it is running at 900p upscaled to 1080p, and a few methods to reduce aliasing which really blurs the image.

Look how crisp and clear and awesome it looks in this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D2ZsCWUVO-Y

This is on PC. You can see from the PCSS

I think it looks better than Unity on PC, to be honest, in nearly every aspect

Pay to attention to the kids playing in the background and how buggy they are, lol

HDinHB
09-26-2015, 12:15 AM
I personally think this new engine makes everyone look like playdoh. The textures seem washed, almost blurred for everything on the characters which is odd.

Well, they are English...

Zafar1981
09-26-2015, 12:35 AM
I think Syndicate is massively downgraded to Unity like AC II as compare to AC 1. But AC 2 had an awesome story, lovely setting and great protagonist which Syndicate doesn't have.

Shahkulu101
09-26-2015, 01:10 AM
I think Syndicate is massively downgraded to Unity like AC II as compare to AC 1. But AC 2 had an awesome story, lovely setting and great protagonist which Syndicate doesn't have.

Wow you've played the game already?

Smh.

Going4Quests
09-26-2015, 05:46 PM
^ He's probably just a Templar hating the return of the Assassins! :)

Jessigirl2013
09-27-2015, 07:32 AM
I'm prepared to sound stupid as its a topic I don't know much about.

But from the story trailer, does anyone else get the distracted by the animation and graphics of their faces.

Its almost like they tracked fewer points on their faces to animate, and the result is that they looks slightly fixed.

When I saw the trailer I found it quite jarring.., and I'm sure that in earlier trailers/demos it looked better than this.

Did anyone else notice this?

Well, they are English...

;)

Zafar1981
09-28-2015, 12:38 PM

Smh.
​Yes I had played the demo.

EmptyCrustacean
09-28-2015, 12:47 PM

Smh.

Stole the words right out of my mouth.

pacmanate
09-28-2015, 01:31 PM
​Yes I had played the demo.

That doesnt mean you can judge the setting, characters and story. You haven't played the full thing, you can't make this assumption...

HoyHoyJake
09-28-2015, 01:47 PM
As long as the gameplay is there, I don't mind either way.