PDA

View Full Version : Changing pilot profile in BoE and other missions

CraytonRoberts
07-01-2004, 10:03 AM
This is perhaps a trivial issue, but in the interests of realism:The default pilot in the BoE and other campaigns looks like he has a Russian helmet, whereas the photos of the other US or UK pilots in the squadron have US officer's uniforms, My guy looks weird in this context. So: how do I change "my" photo to "look more like a Yank or Brit" (besides a face lift)?
Bob Roberts

CraytonRoberts
07-01-2004, 10:03 AM
This is perhaps a trivial issue, but in the interests of realism:The default pilot in the BoE and other campaigns looks like he has a Russian helmet, whereas the photos of the other US or UK pilots in the squadron have US officer's uniforms, My guy looks weird in this context. So: how do I change "my" photo to "look more like a Yank or Brit" (besides a face lift)?
Bob Roberts

altstiff
07-01-2004, 10:13 AM
That is a Russian. It's Oleg Maddux.

Anyway, replace the picture "photo.bmp" in your "C:\Program Files\Ubi Soft\IL-2 Sturmovik Forgotten Battles\DGen" folder with one you like.

See you in the fence....

Asus P4B 533 Intel 2.4GHZ
1 GIG Ram
GeForce FX 5700 256MB (56.72)
SB Audigy
MSFF2 & X45 throttle

Zeus-cat
07-01-2004, 10:40 AM
A few days ago I went in and created some new pilot photos from some jpegs I got off the internet. I had to reformat them using irfanvw (did I get that right?). They need to be 192x256 in size, 8 bit, bmp format and 50K in size or the game won't recognize them. You have to go into the squadron dat file under the folder that is created for the specific campaign and edit the pilot data (photo, name, kills, home town, etc.)

Here's the funny part. Just for fun, I used a picture of Dawn Wells (Mary Ann from Gilligan's Island). Still waiting for her to get a kill. How embarrasing for the AI pilot who gets shot down by Mary-Ann. OK, its a little weird - hmmm... maybe a lot weird. Still funny though.

Zeus-cat

altstiff
07-01-2004, 11:40 AM
What if Gilligan was one of the other pilot's?

Heck, if that show were real she would have a great incentive to kill Gilligan.

See you in the fence....

Asus P4B 533 Intel 2.4GHZ
1 GIG Ram
GeForce FX 5700 256MB (56.72)
SB Audigy
MSFF2 & X45 throttle

Zeus-cat
07-01-2004, 02:53 PM
Hadn't thought about adding Gilligan. I might just add him and the rest of the cast of the show. I'll let you know how long they survive.

Zeus-cat

CraytonRoberts
07-01-2004, 03:37 PM
Hey Altsif, I suceeded in puting a RAF photo into the GB campaign in BoE Normandy, and replaced Oleg's as the default. Trouble is, now the RAF pilot is the default photo in all nations' campaigns. There seems to be only one photo file. Is there anyway to put an American into the US campaigns,a German into German, etc? Please, if you can, be very explicit in your directions, since I'm a dolt when it comes to such manipulations; don't assume I have more than the most vague idea how to navigate thru all this. Thanks.
Bob Roberts