PDA

View Full Version : Assassin's Creed: Syndicate - Story Trailer [SPOILERS]

bitebug2003
09-24-2015, 05:16 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_fVyn3bM0_Y

Assassinís Creed Syndicate launches Friday, October 23. Get ready for Jacob and Evie Frye to bring justice to Industrial London.

About Assassinís Creed Syndicate:

London. 1868. The Industrial Revolution. An age of invention and prosperity, built on the backs of working class slaves. As gangster assassin Jacob Frye, you will recruit your gang to fight for justice on behalf of the oppressed working class. Lead the underworld to take back London in a visceral adventure filled with action, intrigue and brutal combat.

Assassinís Creed Syndicate will be available on Xbox One, PS4 and PC on October 23, 2015.

Key Features:
- Put up your dukes and play as the first gangster assassin at the birth of the modern age, Jacob Frye. Unleash your arsenal of weapons, including the kukri knife, brass knuckles, and sword cane in brutal combat and utilize the brand new rope launcher to scale buildings in seconds or take your enemies by surprise.

- From Buckingham Palace to Big Ben, fight and triumph across the fast-paced open world of Industrial London using high speed trains and carriages.

- Establish Great Britainís fiercest gang, the only force that can challenge the elite and defeat rival gangs to bring freedom to the oppressed masses

- Also play as Jacobís twin sister Evie, a relentless Assassin who has perfected the silent, swift, invisible strike.

© 2015 Ubisoft Entertainment. All Rights Reserved. Assassinís Creed, Ubisoft, and the Ubisoft logo are trademarks of Ubisoft Entertainment in the US and/or other countries.

Original Source (https://twitter.com/Ubisoft)

ze_topazio
09-24-2015, 05:28 PM
Looks fun.

dimbismp
09-24-2015, 05:40 PM
Is it spoilery?

bitebug2003
09-24-2015, 05:43 PM
Is it spoilery?

Well it is a story trailer -- I've added the spoiler tag just in case.

Moultonborough
09-24-2015, 05:46 PM
Is it spoilery?

It seems to give away who the Grand Master of the Templar's is along with a few others.

dimbismp
09-24-2015, 05:48 PM
Well,i will try not to watch it then ;)

Pandassin
09-24-2015, 06:18 PM
This looks so, so epic. I'm really excited for this! Everything about this looks incredible!

DumbGamerTag94
09-24-2015, 06:33 PM
These Templars seem to be such mustache twirling cartoon villains that they will make the Borgia look serious by comparison.

Alphacos007
09-24-2015, 06:35 PM
Looks really really good, but so did Unity's trailer last year :rolleyes:

Farlander1991
09-24-2015, 06:38 PM
Ubisoft sure knows how to make great trailers.

Regarding the Templars though, even AC1 story trailer paints the targets as monsters who have to be destroyed and shows just their most vile acts, so I'll not judge them until will play the game itself.

strigoi1958
09-24-2015, 06:39 PM
It looks great... I'm wondering about the dialogue between Evie and Jacob hmm and why is November 19th so far away

Hans684
09-24-2015, 06:43 PM
I've seen better.

VestigialLlama4
09-24-2015, 07:12 PM
Ubisoft sure knows how to make great trailers.

Regarding the Templars though, even AC1 story trailer paints the targets as monsters who have to be destroyed and shows just their most vile acts, so I'll not judge them until will play the game itself.

Well the bad guy shooting his henchman who disturbs him is not AC1 level Templar material. That's classic comic book behavior. Well it's Majd Addin, I mean all of these Templars are cut with that same cloth I guess. Since the game wants to be more like AC2, that means Templars who are just as over-the-top moustache twirling caricatures. That's not bad if you have a good supporting cast and leads. Unity had a bad set of Templars but it failed because the hero was a total dud.

You know the way they introduce all those Templars is a lot like those cool videos before each target mission in AC2. I have a feeling that's making a comeback, which would be great, I always those videos.

I think the real story of Syndicate isn't about hunting these Templars or maybe I am making a mistake of again giving Ubisoft credit, but for me the true mystery has to be the Sage, unless of course Syndicate has nothing to do with it.

Farlander1991
09-24-2015, 07:21 PM
Well the bad guy shooting his henchman who disturbs him is not AC1 level Templar material. That's classic comic book behavior. Well it's Majd Addin, I mean all of these Templars are cut with that same cloth I guess.

What I'm saying is that AC1 story trailer didn't really suggest any kind of gray area with the Templars. The targets are directly called plague-bringers, war mongerers, the power of which corrupts the land, and we're shown acts like Tamir killing a guy in cold blood and Garnier telling to break both legs of a captive man.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nf1caIlzOsU

That's not really a better depiction than what we have here. Context means a lot. That's the trickery of trailers, they always play with context.

ModernWaffle
09-24-2015, 07:21 PM
Wow, a lot of interesting stuff happening in this trailer. Surprised about them revealing most of the Templars so early on. Two scenes that particularly got my attention is at 1.37 (does she get targeted because of Jacob and Evie, hope nothing bad happens to her by the end) and 2.01 (as expected, but suggests there going to be a split between Jacob and Evie - they sound really bitter to each other :eek:).

VestigialLlama4
09-24-2015, 08:08 PM
Wow, a lot of interesting stuff happening in this trailer. Surprised about them revealing most of the Templars so early on. Two scenes that particularly got my attention is at 1.37 (does she get targeted because of Jacob and Evie, hope nothing bad happens to her by the end) and 2.01 (as expected, but suggests there going to be a split between Jacob and Evie - they sound really bitter to each other :eek:).

The Templars are usually not the mystery. The one exception is AC3 I guess, where it really was a mystery (revelations to some extent, since we didn't know who the Grandmaster was). But otherwise its what-you-see-what-you-get. Black Flag's promotion showed all the Templars in the game after all.

And UNITY revealed most of the Templar targets, even the fact that Robespierre was one, which you would think was a spoiler since it immediately told you what kind of trash Unity was selling. The key mystery are the Sages, and even in Unity they ruined it by saying "Random jeweller is a sage".

What I'm saying is that AC1 story trailer didn't really suggest any kind of gray area with the Templars. The targets are directly called plague-bringers, war mongerers, the power of which corrupts the land, and we're shown acts like Tamir killing a guy in cold blood and Garnier telling to break both legs of a captive man.

That is true I guess. But the games have fallen far from AC1's greatness or the misdirecting trailers of earlier games.

Perhaps. About the only targets who could be ambiguous is David Brewster. The trailers say he was a mad scientist but historically (yeah he was a real guy, died in February 1868) that guy was a brilliant physicist and a pioneer in optics, the only bad thing he did was oppose Darwin because of his Christian beliefs. The trailers say he's a "mad scientist" for some reason.

The other historical figures are John Elliotson (died July 1868) who was a friend of D-ckens but pioneered crackpot pseudoscience like mesmerism and phrenology. Most interesting is James Brudenell, who readers of Flashman novels might recognize. Brudenell (died March 1868) was the guy who led the mythical Charge of the Light Brigade) has some good and bad in him certainly.

The rest are fictional. I think Maxwell Roth is Jacob's personal Arch Enemy and he looks like a Moriarty type.

RVSage
09-24-2015, 08:53 PM
Awesome trailer . The trailer kinda fueled my intution that one of the templars might turn out to be jack the ripper .. All of them seem to be mad enough

RA503
09-24-2015, 09:07 PM
is full of red hearring, no AC ever reveal the main villain in a trailer, we will have a twist of course...

notice the total lack of mention of Karl Marx that will be in the game certainly...

I-Like-Pie45
09-24-2015, 09:13 PM
karl marx is the true villain, a crazed atheist man trying to undermine the righteous imperialistic fabric of victorian society

the post-credits scene will feature his dead body regenerating into his new incarnation - Jack the Ripper, who is hunting prostitutes in order to prevent the birth of the new messiah who shall lead britain into her golden age whose arrival has been prophesied as told by the biblical book of the zadkiel in which the symbolism of red coats falling before a near-white figure in both the golden age of piracy and the american revolution foretold times of upheaval and social change in England. Naturally the upper class won't stand for this and the jack the ripper dlc will focus on US President Grover Cleveland (replacing Jacob) and Evie with the aid of their new mentor Napoleon III teaming up to stop Jack the Ripper and his benefactors - the Royal Family

Farlander1991
09-24-2015, 09:16 PM
is full of red hearring, no AC ever reveal the main villain in a trailer, we will have a twist of course...

Rodrigo Borgia was revealed in the trailer, Cesare was revealed in a trailer, Charles Lee was revealed in a trailer (the ****ty US trailer, but still trailer) :rolleyes:

RA503
09-24-2015, 09:20 PM
Rodrigo Borgia was revealed in the trailer, Cesare was revealed in a trailer, Charles Lee was revealed in a trailer (the ****ty US trailer, but still trailer) :rolleyes:
Ah... sorry for the error I can't remembered that...

VestigialLlama4
09-24-2015, 09:25 PM

Well not Haytham, not Black Bart and not Germain (though we do get a brief glimpse of him in Unity's Story trailer) and also Ahmet in Revelations. But generall yes as a rule, they do tell you who the Templars are. Governor Torres was announced as Grand Master in Black Flag from the beginning and he's the final boss (even if he's not the true antagonist which is the Sage).

Of course the game might avert it, there are 7 Templars + 1 (Starrick) = 8, so one more is needed to round it to 9, the favorite number of AC targets, going back to AC1 (though AC1, in fact 10 Targets).

...notice the total lack of mention of Karl Marx that will be in the game certainly...

Well this story trailer focuses solely on Templars. You don't have the historical gang (Darwin, D-ckens and others) who are revealed elsewhere.

Feast your eyes on this:
http://www.gamesradar.com/say-hello-alexander-graham-bell-and-queen-victoria-assassins-creed-syndicate/

If you squint at the Marx illustration, you can make out that he's probably the Sage.

Farlander1991
09-24-2015, 09:29 PM
Of course the game might avert it, there are 7 Templars + 1 (Starrick) = 8, so one more is needed to round it to 9, the favorite number of AC targets

Thorne is suspiciously absent from that number and list, even though we know she's a main target due to Evie's walkthrough (and she was also present in the story trailer). I guess she's the 9th.

Though, 9 is not such a magical number in the AC series. Like, we have to kill 9+1 in AC1, but there's about 14 or so in AC2 (not counting Savonorola's lieutanaints), 7 or so in AC3, 10 or so in AC4, and I think in ACU it was 9-ish as well? (main targets only)

RA503
09-24-2015, 09:56 PM
Well not Haytham, not Black Bart and not Germain (though we do get a brief glimpse of him in Unity's Story trailer) and also Ahmet in Revelations. But generall yes as a rule, they do tell you who the Templars are. Governor Torres was announced as Grand Master in Black Flag from the beginning and he's the final boss (even if he's not the true antagonist which is the Sage).

Of course the game might avert it, there are 7 Templars + 1 (Starrick) = 8, so one more is needed to round it to 9, the favorite number of AC targets, going back to AC1 (though AC1, in fact 10 Targets).

Well this story trailer focuses solely on Templars. You don't have the historical gang (Darwin, D-ckens and others) who are revealed elsewhere.

Feast your eyes on this:
http://www.gamesradar.com/say-hello-alexander-graham-bell-and-queen-victoria-assassins-creed-syndicate/

If you squint at the Marx illustration, you can make out that he's probably the Sage.

I will love if Marx being a villain you will be crazy hahaha...

We will have a Sage and Eve in the same game ? very interesting...

I already suspect that,remember that brotherhood glyph that says TV mimics Apple of Eden effect ? Marx also wrote a book that mimics Apple effects...

VestigialLlama4
09-24-2015, 10:01 PM
Thorne is suspiciously absent from that number and list, even though we know she's a main target due to Evie's walkthrough (and she was also present in the story trailer). I guess she's the 9th.

Though, 9 is not such a magical number in the AC series. Like, we have to kill 9+1 in AC1, but there's about 14 or so in AC2 (not counting Savonorola's lieutanaints), 7 or so in AC3, 10 or so in AC4, and I think in ACU it was 9-ish as well?

If we measure targets in terms of afterlife chat/flashback montage, and also in terms of whether they are single targets or part of a group.

AC1 has 9+1=10

AC2 has 9 Single Targets and again you don't actually kill Rodrigo so it's 8. It cheats heavily by adding in groups like the 4+1 Pazzi Conspirators (Jacopo killed in cutscene). Add DLC, you get Forli (Orsi Bros), Savonarola's Lieutenants (9+1). So totally it's 8(Single)+1(Rodrigo Spared) + 4(Group Pazzi) + 1(Jacopo Cutscene) + 2(Group Orsi) + 9(Group Savonarola) + 1(Savonarola Cutscene) = 26

BROTHERHOOD - 4 Targets (with Michelleto Spared mind you) + 2 Templar Agents In Game (Malfatto, Silvestro) + 6 Templar Agents Sidemissions + 1 Hermeticist from DLC + 1 Cardinal from Copernicus DLC = 14

REVELATIONS - 1(Leandros-Opening Mission Templar) + 1 Vali Cel Tradat(Templar Side Mission in Main Game) + 1 (Tarik Barleti-Mistaken Assassination) + 2 Templars + 1 (Killed by Proxy in Side Mission) + 6 (Templar Side Missions) + 2(Altair missions) = 14

AC3 has well Braddock for Haytham (1), Connor has 6 Targets + 1(Kanento;kon) by accident, then you have Naval Mission target (Biddle), so main game is 1+6+1+1=9 precisely. Add DLC and you get three Alternate Universe extras, taking it to 12.

BLACK FLAG has 4 Templars + 3 Pirates + 1 Civilian (Laurens Prins) + 4 from Templar Hunt= 12, technically 10 since Woodes Rogers and Charles Vane don't actually die.

UNITY has 8 in the main game, add the 1 in the DLC and you get 9 exactly.

ROGUE has 3 Templars + 1 Assassin Ally (Le Chasseur) + 5 Assassins + 1 (Charles Dorian Special Memory) = 10

Mathematically speaking 107 targets across 8 Console titles amounts to an Average of 13.375 targets per game, including main missions/side missions/DLC.

But if you take a rough average, and focus on story targets, the number amounts to 9.

EDIT: Forgot to add assassinations from Revelations Altair Missions. Have amended figures to 107 Targets with average of 13.375.

Farlander1991
09-24-2015, 10:37 PM
If we measure targets in terms of afterlife chat/flashback montage, and also in terms of whether they are single targets or part of a group.

To be honest, your counting is a bit arbitrary, for example you count side mission assassinations for some games, but then don't count people like the Templar captain and the taxman that were assassinated in AC3 (and also no side assassinations for AC1, though those were more like contracts) and you also totally miss out on all Venitian targets in AC2 (and other targets like the butcher templar agent we kill in Seq2 in ACB, you seem to count every other templar agent but not him), and then you seem to count only targets with white rooms but for Rogue you also count a target without white room (also Charles Lee doesn't have a white room now that I think about it). That whole system is too confusing.

It can be much straightforward. What do all AC1 targets have in common? They have a name, they're important/relevant to the plot and its progression, and we have a mission where we go to specifically assassinate them or have a boss battle/smth with them. So let's count it like that (even if we don't kill them). I'll also don't count, for simplicity's sake, any side-missions and DLCs, with exception of AC2 DLC because those are missing sequences (though will count without them as well)

AC1: 9 Templars + Al Mualim, already established.
AC2: Uberto, Vieri, Francesco, 4 Pazzi Conspirators, Jacopo, Emilio Barbarigo, Carlo Grimaldi, Marco Barbarigo, Dante Moro + Silvio Barbarigo, Rodrigo Borgia, so that's 14 in the main game + 3 in the DLC - Savonarola and two Orsi Brothers. So that's 17 in total. I think we can say that AC2 DLC is very important because it's chunks missing from the original (they're sequences 12 and 13 of a game that jumped from 11 to 14 originally). But even without those, it's still 14 targets.
Brotherhood: Cesare, The Banker, Baron, Micheletto. 4 targets.
Revelations: Leandros, Tarik, Shakhulu, Paleologos, Ahmet, Abbas - 6 targets
AC3: Braddock, Johnson, Pitcairn, Hickey, Church, Haytham, Charles Lee - 7 targets.
AC4: Du Casse, Prins, Commodore, Vane, Burgess + Cockram, Hornigold, Woodes Rogers, Roberts, El Tiburon, Torres - 11 targets
ACU: Sivert, King of Beggars, Lafraniere, Bellec, Rouille, Levesque, Le Peletier, La Touche, Germain - 9 targets (I don't count Robespierre here as we didn't really intend to assassinate him)
ACRo: 3 Templars, Le Chasseur, Kesegowase, Adewale, Hope, Chevalier, Liam - 9 targets

Ironically enough, 9 is still the actual average number, lol (i.e. if we add all up and then divide). Though out of 8 games only 2 have 9 targets (Unity and Rogue).

SpiritOfNevaeh
09-25-2015, 12:02 AM
Very nice trailer. :)

Sorrosyss
09-25-2015, 01:44 AM
Not bad I suppose. Didn't really like the rogues gallery thing going on. I think that was a bit too in depth for a trailer. The twins look great as always though.

SixKeys
09-25-2015, 05:57 AM
I'm liking the trailers as of late. Feels like a return to form, as I haven't much cared for Ubi's trailers for the past couple of years. The villains definitely remind me of Borgia levels of moustache-twirling, but to me that's part of the over-the-top light-heartedness of the whole trailer. It might all be misdirection, of course, but bear in mind some Victorian businessmen really were almost cartoonishly greedy and merciless. Scrooge in "A Christmas Carol" really wasn't much of a parody of the reality.

AquilaTempestas
09-25-2015, 08:07 AM
The scary thing about this trailer is that I've used pretty similar lines in my Syndicate fanfiction (completed a month ago). I wonder if my fanfic's ending will be similar to what Ubi has in mind... if so... I'm very very excited for it : )

Pretty cool trailer. With this trailer, I feel the game will be an upbeat and fun game, but will take a dark turn near the end of the story. I'm actually wondering if the twins get themselves into a real tight situation, and Jacob sacrifices himself to save Evie's life.

legendvinu
09-25-2015, 08:14 AM
It seems to give away who the Grand Master of the Templar's is along with a few others.

Yes But what about present day?? is it going to be 3rd person gameply or just a passive experience like UNITY??

Alphacos007
09-25-2015, 09:20 AM
Yes But what about present day?? is it going to be 3rd person gameply or just a passive experience like UNITY??

Nothing about modern day in the trailer. You'll have to wait untill the game releases probably.

reneseeters
09-25-2015, 12:08 PM
Am i the only one who thinks the voice actor of Starrick is the same as Charles Lee :P
Just listen to him saying.. i told you not to disturb me!

Also just came across this picture...

http://media1.gameinformer.com/imagefeed/screenshots/AssassinsCreedSyndicate/ACS_SC_56_Previews_EvieAndLucyNecklace_1443101423. jpg

AnExplodingDodo
09-25-2015, 02:53 PM
Some of the gameplay could justify this picture potentially ^...

http://img11.deviantart.net/6ccc/i/2015/268/5/9/key_by_thesunchildren-d9atuy2.png

"...Speaking of collapses, what happened to the key you found that unlocks very little?"

http://img13.deviantart.net/f18b/i/2015/268/9/e/key2_by_thesunchildren-d9atv1i.png

"Henry took it for research. I am confident that the vault is ours."

Could it mean a first civ vault?

JWRK
09-25-2015, 04:52 PM
I find the wall of pictures reminescent of Achilles's basement.

VestigialLlama4
09-25-2015, 05:12 PM
I find the wall of pictures reminescent of Achilles's basement.

They probably took it from that.

Jessigirl2013
09-25-2015, 05:24 PM
Am I the only one who seems disappointed after seeing this.

The commentary sounded odd to me ... anyone else get this vibe?
... So did the awkward one-liners.

Don't get me started on the accents ...;)

But besides the odd commentary I knew all this before.
What really let me down about the trailers is that it looked almost like a graphics downgrade.

What was really noticeable for me was the facial expressions of characters. <---- Did anyone else notice this?:confused:

I've been busy the last couple of weeks so I haven't really been following Syndicate for a while, But I'm sure in the demos and previous trailers looked better than this.:mad:

EmptyCrustacean
09-25-2015, 07:05 PM
What really let me down about the trailers is that it looked almost like a graphics downgrade.

Yeah, the graphics are really distracting. I'm not a graphics nerd by any means and tbh if Unity didn't have such great facial animations I wouldn't have noticed. But Unity was one of the most visually stunning games last year that any downgrade, no matter how small, is instantly noticeable.

Shahkulu101
09-25-2015, 09:45 PM
Am I the only one who seems disappointed after seeing this.

The commentary sounded odd to me ... anyone else get this vibe?
... So did the awkward one-liners.

Don't get me started on the accents ...;)

But besides the odd commentary I knew all this before.

What was really noticeable for me was the facial expressions of characters. <---- Did anyone else notice this?:confused:

I've been busy the last couple of weeks so I haven't really been following Syndicate for a while, But I'm sure in the demos and previous trailers looked better than this.:mad:

Hey Mayrice.

Going4Quests
09-26-2015, 05:45 PM
I prefer a game that's more loved than hated over a bit more shiny graphics. AC deserves to be GOTY.

Jessigirl2013
09-27-2015, 07:26 AM
Yeah, the graphics are really distracting. I'm not a graphics nerd by any means and tbh if Unity didn't have such great facial animations I wouldn't have noticed. But Unity was one of the most visually stunning games last year that any downgrade, no matter how small, is instantly noticeable.

Their faces just seem more fixed almost... and I'm sure it didn't look like that in early trailer/demos.

You sum it precisely, It definitely felt more like a distraction to me.
Even more so as I wasn't expecting it, as earlier trailers and demos had me hyped about the graphics.

I dare say it, that trailer had be yearning for .... Pre-rendered cutscenes.....;)

Jokes aside its a let down...

I agree, after a game like Unity a downgrade in graphics is stark and obvious.

I feel like I can already see the controversy that the newest AC looks graphically worse than the last...

I don't understand they UBI is going backwards as appose to forwards...

Hey Mayrice.

I don't understand, Is this a reference? ;)

bitebug2003
09-27-2015, 03:50 PM
Unless I'm missing something I don't see anything wrong with the facial expressions.

But then again I don't go over every detail with a fine toothcomb and pick out every little detail that could be criticized about.

This - and the tail end of the last generation is overrun by bunch of nit-pickers that try to find fault with EVERY game that comes out.

Each to their own I guess.

Pandassin
09-27-2015, 04:00 PM
I agree, I can't see anything wrong with the facial expressions either. If anything, they look better in my opinion. But maybe that's just me.

EmptyCrustacean
09-27-2015, 04:07 PM
Unless I'm missing something I don't see anything wrong with the facial expressions.

But then again I don't go over every detail with a fine toothcomb and pick out every little detail that could be criticized about.

This - and the tail end of the last generation is overrun by bunch of nit-pickers that try to find fault with EVERY game that comes out.

Each to their own I guess.

Wow, that means so much coming from somebody that works for Ubisoft. Not biased at all. No, really.

bitebug2003
09-27-2015, 04:15 PM
Wow, that means so much coming from somebody that works for Ubisoft. Not biased at all. No, really.

Please read this http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/907678-Forum-Rules?p=10142082&viewfull=1#post10142082

Besides I'm not talking just about Ubisoft games I'm talking about games in general

harsab
09-27-2015, 05:10 PM
I honestly hope AC syndicate gets great feedback from the reviewers & becomes a hit with the fans so people can just stop complaining. I really hope syndicate just shuts everyone up.

EmptyCrustacean
09-27-2015, 05:11 PM
Please read this http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/907678-Forum-Rules?p=10142082&viewfull=1#post10142082

Besides I'm not talking just about Ubisoft games I'm talking about games in general

I'm not sure I follow...

Yes, I understand that however it was people's reaction to the very obvious graphics downgrade of Syndicate, specifically, that inspired your "Y'all bunch of whiny nitpickers!" rant.

bitebug2003
09-27-2015, 05:24 PM
I'm not sure I follow...

I don't work for Ubisoft - I have been a volunteer Moderator for the last 12 years - so it has nothing to do with being biased I just don't see anything wrong with the facial expressions.

Yes, I understand that however it was people's reaction to the very obvious graphics downgrade of Syndicate, specifically, that inspired your "Y'all bunch of whiny nitpickers!" rant.

Again I don't see the obvious downgrade (if there is one), and if that -- and the facial expressions adversely affects the enjoyment of the game then it's quite sad really that gameplay doesn't seem to matter anymore.

Jessigirl2013
09-29-2015, 07:55 PM
I don't work for Ubisoft - I have been a volunteer Moderator for the last 12 years - so it has nothing to do with being biased I just don't see anything wrong with the facial expressions.

Again I don't see the obvious downgrade (if there is one), and if that -- and the facial expressions adversely affects the enjoyment of the game then it's quite sad really that gameplay doesn't seem to matter anymore.

Its hard to describe but it just seems odd.:rolleyes:

Alphacos007
09-29-2015, 09:16 PM
bitebug said everything I could have said. I agree completely with him.

EmptyCrustacean
09-29-2015, 10:25 PM

Same difference. You work for them for free but you still work for them. And the fact that you volunteered means you are fiercely loyal.

Read my previous comment in regards to Unity, please. Thanks.

SixKeys
09-30-2015, 01:02 AM
Same difference. You work for them for free but you still work for them. And the fact that you volunteered means you are fiercely loyal.

Lol, do you even go here? Bitebug has never been one to mince words about the flaws in AC games. And frankly, volunteering could be as simple as having enough spare time and getting sick of seeing too many spam posts cluttering up the forums. Not that I'm questioning his motives, just saying I've never seen him act biased.

Assassin_M
09-30-2015, 02:00 AM
*Goes into a thread about the story trailer*
*Finds last three pages talk about graphics*
*Leaves*

Consus_E
09-30-2015, 09:30 AM
So anyway... The plot is neat. Jacob seems less annoyingly shallow than he did during the reveal.

bitebug2003
09-30-2015, 04:06 PM

I was approached by the then CM who was running the forums on his own but I never volunteered prior to that - I had only just joined the forums.

The Ubisoft community was very different back then, and Assassin's Creed didn't even exist.

Loyal - perhaps -- but there have been things which irked me over the years to which I have expressed myself many times, i.e. BG&E2 I've been VERY vocal about it.

Read my previous comment in regards to Unity, please. Thanks.

I have.

ANYWAY back on topic please.

There are many other threads where people can discuss their likes/dislikes about the graphics and what have you - use those instead

Thanks

pacmanate
10-01-2015, 01:46 PM

You haven't been here long enough...

BiteBug is critical about a lot of stuff in AC, he/she speaks their mind very often.

maniyea122
10-01-2015, 02:33 PM
Story holds promise.. hope we get some Haytham/Edward references.. I know his mansion has to be in the game..

RA503
10-01-2015, 11:53 PM
the facial expression of the characters is very strange,I sertainly will play the game as the MD looks more substancial tham Unity but the internet will be full of jokes on that after the game's release...

VoXngola
10-02-2015, 12:37 AM
I can't believe the game is only 3 weeks away for some reason. Damn.

Alphacos007
10-02-2015, 10:04 AM
I can't believe the game is only 3 weeks away for some reason. Damn.

Damn son, I didn't even realize it before you mentioned that.

Journey93
10-02-2015, 02:10 PM
Looks a bit cheesy imho but the story can still be good (I hope):

legendvinu
10-02-2015, 04:26 PM
Nothing about modern day in the trailer. You'll have to wait untill the game releases probably.

I am Happy I saw a tab in gameplay(I din't play:( saw in a video) in menu options present day I think its gonna be great and there is new cycle and 3rd person game play I trust in it

legendvinu
10-02-2015, 04:30 PM
Some of the gameplay could justify this picture potentially ^...

http://img11.deviantart.net/6ccc/i/2015/268/5/9/key_by_thesunchildren-d9atuy2.png

"...Speaking of collapses, what happened to the key you found that unlocks very little?"

http://img13.deviantart.net/f18b/i/2015/268/9/e/key2_by_thesunchildren-d9atv1i.png

"Henry took it for research. I am confident that the vault is ours."

Could it mean a first civ vault?

Yah its POE Shroud of Eden My guess is that it will revive Desmond so there will be 3rd person game play I guess

RA503
10-02-2015, 09:04 PM
I hope they don't use the shroud to do something so without imagination as revive people,and transform AC in a comic book like series...

ERICATHERINE
10-03-2015, 01:02 PM
Yah its POE Shroud of Eden My guess is that it will revive Desmond so there will be 3rd person game play I guess

If so, I just hope Desmond will not look like a zombie. These days every game I first want to play have monsters in and when I discover it I don't want to play it anymore, because I hate monsters games.

Please ubisoft don't transform assassin's creed in another stupid monster game. :(

pacmanate
10-04-2015, 12:26 AM

Reviving a character people dislike is dumb. They should start with someone new.

I-Like-Pie45
10-04-2015, 04:27 AM
how about using the shroud to revive princess diana as the new md protag

Moultonborough
10-04-2015, 12:13 PM
how about using the shroud to revive princess diana as the new md protag

Oh god. Don't say that you'll bring out all the nutcases lol.

Locopells
10-04-2015, 12:34 PM
To late, I can see the Dy-ily Express readers storming down the road...

ERICATHERINE
10-04-2015, 02:47 PM
Reviving a character people dislike is dumb. They should start with someone new.

I don't dislike Desmond. In fact he is in my top 2 of the Assassins I prefer with Connor in my top 1. ^-^

ze_topazio
10-04-2015, 05:19 PM
They could introduced Desmond's brother (voiced by Troy Baker) that by coincidence was never mentioned until now.

I-Like-Pie45
10-04-2015, 05:26 PM
Assassin's Creed: Fight of Assassins

Desmond Miles was old and died before and his brother Danny Miles had to do things now for the world. Danny Miles growed up with Desmond Miles and helped him beat templars but now Desmond Miles was not there anymore and only Danny Miles was.

"Desmond Miles what happens when you die" Danny Miles asked Desmond Miles one time.

"It will be you left to beat the bad guys in the world and do what needs to be done." Desmond Miles said to Danny Miles then he died later.

Danny Miles got a call from Rebecca and Shaun and Rebecca said "Danny Miles Templars are fighting in America and you have to go there to fight them" so Danny Miles said "Rebecca and Shaun you were Desmond Miles friend and i want you to be my friends so i will fight Templars too" so he left to America to fight Templars.

ze_topazio
10-04-2015, 05:30 PM
I apply to be the modern day protagonist, I can use my Capoeira skills to beat Templars and my sarcastic remarks to lighten the mood, I'm also a pro at cooking spaghetti.