PDA

View Full Version : Evie's cape has the Italian Renaissance Assassins' insignia?!

Xangr8
09-21-2015, 10:19 PM
Okay, so I just stumbled across this when going through the trailers. Seems that Evie's cape has the Italian Renaissance Assassins' insignia. I wonder why.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CPdNju0UsAATl8t.png:large

This particular shot is from the Evie Frye trailer. I messed up with the brightness and contrast to make it more visible.

harsab
09-21-2015, 10:46 PM
THE SHROUD OF EDEN.

It's all making sense bit by bit.

ze_topazio
09-21-2015, 11:00 PM
Maybe she's a fangirl of Ezio.

Didn't the people from Unity idolized Altair or something?

Maybe in this one Evie admires Ezio who singlehanded expelled the Templars from Italy in a time when Italy was ruled by the Templars and the Assassins were weak, in this game the Templars have ruled over London for a century and now the twins are on a quest to do the same thing Ezio did.

Xangr8
09-21-2015, 11:04 PM
Maybe she's a fangirl of Ezio.

Didn't the people from Unity idolized Altair or something?

Maybe in this one Evie admires Ezio who singlehanded expelled the Templars from Italy in a time when Italy was ruled by the Templars and the Assassins were weak, in this game the Templars have ruled over London for a century and now the twins are on a quest to do the same thing Ezio did.
Ezio fangirl XD
They didn't "idolise" Altair. It was just that they spoke Arabic. And not even all of them did. Only Sophie Trenet did.

ze_topazio
09-21-2015, 11:12 PM
I've never played Unity so I don't know, I remember hearing that the Assassins in that game treated Altair as some kind of role model but maybe I'm wrong.

JamesFaith007
09-21-2015, 11:50 PM
Maybe this is just reward costume for her like Ezio robe in AC3?

Altair1789
09-22-2015, 02:47 AM
They didn't "idolise" Altair. It was just that they spoke Arabic. And not even all of them did. Only Sophie Trenet did.

Bellec admired Alta´r, and also spoke Arabic

I think it's just one of the cape options that's nod to AC2 and ACB, we shouldn't think much of it. I don't think it's the default cape

EmbodyingSeven5
09-22-2015, 02:54 AM
Could it be one of Ezios old capes? Could Evie/Jacob be descendants of Ezio?

SixKeys
09-22-2015, 07:05 AM
The whole cape thing seems to be a tribute to Ezio. I don't think Victorian capes were worn like that.

Xangr8
09-22-2015, 08:15 AM
Bellec admired Alta´r, and also spoke Arabic

I think it's just one of the cape options that's nod to AC2 and ACB, we shouldn't think much of it. I don't think it's the default cape
I checked all the concept arts and outfits. It's everywhere. Even on the cosplay reference that Ubisoft released.

Consus_E
09-22-2015, 09:05 AM
Evie has been called a traditionalist by the devs. Perhaps Ezio set a standard for all European Assassins going forward of wearing a shoulder cape? And by the 18th century it had gone out of fashion (hence why we don't see any French Assassins wearing them) and was only used by more traditional members of the order.

Either way the cape makes sense, it can be used to hide the rather obvious bracer/gauntlet on the Assassin's left arm.

Farlander1991
09-22-2015, 09:24 AM
Either way the cape makes sense, it can be used to hide the rather obvious bracer/gauntlet on the Assassin's left arm.

Only Evie, the master of stealth, wears the cape on the right shoulder and the gauntlet isn't hidden at all. :p

Consus_E
09-22-2015, 11:26 AM
Only Evie, the master of stealth, wears the cape on the right shoulder and the gauntlet isn't hidden at all. :p

Well no it isn't in Syndicate... But in AC2/ACB when Ezio walked he would pull the cape around his arm hiding his bracer. Evie doesn't do that because that would require Ubisoft to create new extra animations, which they don't do anymore.

AnExplodingDodo
09-22-2015, 01:04 PM
When you take Project Legacy into account, and the involvement of the shroud, I think it makes perfect sense that a reference from the Auditore era should be in the game, and it is something I have speculated for a while now. Seems legit :D