PDA

View Full Version : UPlay annoyancess (never fixed)

Soloux
09-21-2015, 09:03 PM
UPlay is still not near good or very very far from perfect. But some childish mistakes could and should be fixed once and for all.
Small disclamer here: this post is for Ubisoft directly. If someone do not agree or have something to say - stop reading. It is not for you.

Dear UPlay team,
if you want to be like Steam than at least fix the problems with selections in the UPlay tabs. When I select LIST than it should STAY on the list tab, not to wonder back on the big tiles, which are insult even for the blind people.

Where is the proper "Steam" mark for the games from the Steam library? That was usefull for people who have 2 versions from the same game. Where is Deluxe Edition mark? This was usefull for people who have this versions trough Amazon.
Why the usefull things vanishing instead to have them more and more?

The program path on the root of the HDD is with - \ not with - /. That is for Web paths. It is elementary and good programers should know that. Even further more it is called: Programs not Apps. This is insult for the programers. Apps are when we play Floppy Birds, (or whatever was the name).

If I change my language to English it is for a reason. But when I go to the shop tab I see whatever language have that country I am in. What use is the language selection than?! How to go shopping when I don't understand a word? Lost sale I guess.
I dont mind if I pay in yen or euros as long as I understand what I am paying for.

Now, this is very trivial but it drives me crazy because it is so annoying and so out of logic... To change the avatar you should go to the web page of Ubisoft. To the web page! Why? This is honest question.
And than there you have to go trough very, very obnoxious inerface to realise that the avatar should be MADE by some flash game for 12 year old kids. It is so painfully childish that it kills my logic on the spot.
Avatar is tertiary option and should be trivial to do. Why you want to controll which one have avatar that is not Ubi approved?

But, thanx for removing the annoying window from the background when you play some game. At least one thing properly done. 99 to go.

I hope you read this posts as you claim.

RdJ1
09-22-2015, 04:49 PM
The program path on the root of the HDD is with - \ not with - /. That is for Web paths. It is elementary and good programers should know that. Even further more it is called: Programs not Apps. This is insult for the programers. Apps are when we play Floppy Birds, (or whatever was the name).

I agree with most things you say, but this paragraph is full of nonsense. First of all / is not only used in web paths but also in file paths in almost every OS but Windows. However, Windows also completely supports using / in paths, so that's absolutely no problem (and cross-platform, using / is always better).

Secondly, in Windows 8 and even more in Windows 10 programs are called apps. Don't ask me why, I really really hate this as well, but that's not Ubisoft's fault, but Microsoft's.