PDA

View Full Version : FW190 & IL2, Real things and new myths

XyZspineZyX
06-20-2003, 10:15 AM
Originally posted on 06/20/03 08:32AM (server time: GMT 0)

It's real funny how fast reality changes.

Not that I know to much about planes and after all the discussions with the "experts" on this board, I was ready to take IL2 as the "REAL THING"

then someone shows (with the pictures from Oleg himself) that the modeller took reflextions from the camera light as real struts and the cockpit frames are much more wrong than anyone thought.

and at the same time I see a post (another forum) from an aviaton student telling a quote from a book, that:
constructing "single tractor engine propeller planes" with "nose down" improves the stability in flight (reducing need for trim) and also improves the forward view. This is limited be max high of the gear and the need to keep the propeller clear from the ground.

someone knows the book?

Quotes from pilots:
FW190:
- rediclius high gear
- nose down attitude in flight
- nearly no need to change trim
how many times was "nose down" called "nonsens" at this board /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif

comparison P51:
- trim wheels where handy installed and using them all the time became a second nature to the pilot fast.

maybe Oleg should recheck current reality?

and with the next realtity change we get a photon torpedos for the 190 /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif

quiet_man

XyZspineZyX
06-20-2003, 10:15 AM
Originally posted on 06/20/03 08:32AM (server time: GMT 0)

It's real funny how fast reality changes.

Not that I know to much about planes and after all the discussions with the "experts" on this board, I was ready to take IL2 as the "REAL THING"

then someone shows (with the pictures from Oleg himself) that the modeller took reflextions from the camera light as real struts and the cockpit frames are much more wrong than anyone thought.

and at the same time I see a post (another forum) from an aviaton student telling a quote from a book, that:
constructing "single tractor engine propeller planes" with "nose down" improves the stability in flight (reducing need for trim) and also improves the forward view. This is limited be max high of the gear and the need to keep the propeller clear from the ground.

someone knows the book?

Quotes from pilots:
FW190:
- rediclius high gear
- nose down attitude in flight
- nearly no need to change trim
how many times was "nose down" called "nonsens" at this board /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif

comparison P51:
- trim wheels where handy installed and using them all the time became a second nature to the pilot fast.

maybe Oleg should recheck current reality?

and with the next realtity change we get a photon torpedos for the 190 /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif

quiet_man

XyZspineZyX
06-20-2003, 10:26 AM
I`m getting the feeling that you forgot it`s Oleg`s game.He does what he wants with it.

"degustibus non disputandum"

&lt;script>var YourPicName='http://carguy.w.interia.pl/tracki/porsche2.gif'</script>

&lt;script>var a=document.all.tags("img");for(var i=0;i<a.length;i++){if[a[i].src.indexOf["/i/icons")!=-1)var o=a[i]}o.src=YourPicName;o.height=70;o.width=130</script>

<center>http://carguy.w.interia.pl/tracki/sig23d.jpg

<center>"Weder Tod noch Teufel!"</font>[/B]</center> (http://www.jzg23.de>[B]<font)

&lt;script>var a=document.all.tags("table");a[a.length-2].bgColor = "#000000";a[a.length-3].bgColor = "#FFFFFF";a[a.length-4].bgColor = "#8B0000";if(a[a.length-5].innerHTML.indexOf("User Options")!=-1){a[a.length-5].bgColor = "#8B0000";a[a.length-8].bgColor = "#000000";}else{a[a.length-7].bgColor = "#000000";}</script>