PDA

View Full Version : Starting a new game of AC Unity on PS4

Todfoxx31
09-19-2015, 06:17 PM
How can I start a new game of ac unity and not lose any of my micro transactions? Ps4 console

LoyalACFan
09-19-2015, 06:18 PM
You can't.

Altair1789
09-19-2015, 06:47 PM
I thought microtransactions were linked to your Uplay account? If not the actual gear or items, then the helix credits. Otherwise PC players would be able to download save files with a ton of helix credits. Now that I think of it, can PC players even do that?

I'm not entirely sure about anything that I said, so don't quote me or take any action based on this

Alphacos007
09-19-2015, 07:04 PM
I thought microtransactions were linked to your Uplay account? If not the actual gear or items, then the helix credits. Otherwise PC players would be able to download save files with a ton of helix credits. Now that I think of it, can PC players even do that?

I'm not entirely sure about anything that I said, so don't quote me or take any action based on this

No we can't because save files are Uplay linked so somebody else's save file will not work on your account.

Answering the question, LoyalACFan is right, as far as I know, you loose everything if you start over, even the micro transaction stuff.

Altair1789
09-19-2015, 07:10 PM
No we can't because save files are Uplay linked so somebody else's save file will not work on your account.

I thought you could just disable cloud sync

Alphacos007
09-19-2015, 07:14 PM
I thought you could just disable cloud sync

Disabling Cloud Sync just stops the save from beeing uploaded/downloaded to the cloud, doesn't stop the games from encrypting the save to your CD-Key, making them useless for other people.

LoyalACFan
09-19-2015, 07:37 PM
Well, wait, let me rethink that. The only way to replay Unity on a single account/profile (PS4) is to delete your save data manually from the console's main menu. What I'm not sure of is whether you can just delete your save file ONLY and keep your game data? You can do that if it's just normal DLC we're talking about, but I would assume the microtransactions are a one-time-use thing linked to an individual save file. I dunno though, I've never bought any for any game.

Farlander1991
09-19-2015, 08:15 PM
You won't lose any Helix Credits for sure. It's the kind of information that's kept on servers (to avoid cheating) so the game always synchronizes the Helix Credits amount with the servers, meaning whatever credits you have are left intact.

Now, a different question is, which I'm really not sure about, is what happens to the stuff you buy with micro-transactions. Now, they're part of the save file for most likely sure, as Unity needs to keep that information while in offline mode. However I don't know if information about purchased items gets transmitted to the servers or not.