PDA

View Full Version : Ideas for BOB

XyZspineZyX
12-09-2003, 06:14 PM
Just a couple of thoughts for some graphical touches for the BOB game. Just eyecandy really...

1) Smoke plumes on the ground - improve the look of them, have them follow the wind direction and make the swirl around after your plane as you fly through them (dunno if that happens in real life! Does with helicopters)

2) If you get a plane blowing up right in front of you how's about having streaks of smoke, dirt and maybe cracks in glass on the cockpit?

XyZspineZyX
12-09-2003, 06:14 PM
Just a couple of thoughts for some graphical touches for the BOB game. Just eyecandy really...

1) Smoke plumes on the ground - improve the look of them, have them follow the wind direction and make the swirl around after your plane as you fly through them (dunno if that happens in real life! Does with helicopters)

2) If you get a plane blowing up right in front of you how's about having streaks of smoke, dirt and maybe cracks in glass on the cockpit?

XyZspineZyX
12-09-2003, 11:27 PM
BoB, a complete sim by Warriorbear.

Programing:
1. Make sure the game engine can handel all aspects of flight including carrier take offs and landings.

2. Dynamic weather or should I say random weather changes since the BoB fight were usually in grey skies.(If you read the historical weather forcasts)

3. Complete western eastern med european theater map incuding all of WWII europe. This is a most to start this big for expantion purposes (1C MONEY MAKING IDEA).

IMO if the BoB is a complete SIM with a complete engine for every aspect of the war with a complete Map. 1C could expand each year with the progresssion of the war after the BoB. I for one would buy each new expantion to that war:

1. BoB
2. Med. and the first Carrier opperation.
3. Normandy Invasion
4. Invasion Italy
5. Pacific and carrier operations
6. Re-vist Eastern Front

A complete five year expantion of the BoB if one thinks of development and marketing. Everyone here on this forum and all over world would go for this thought. As CPUs get faster the Expantion could be more envoled mabe adding more detail.

Overall dont make just one corner of the war map this will lock you into a non expanding SIM IMO.

Heck you could charge the same price for each years expantion and I bet the fellas here would jump on that fast movin train. I think for myself I'm tired of the incomplete SIM.

IF YOU MAKE IT RIGHT THEY WELL ALL COME!

Warriorbear

XyZspineZyX
12-10-2003, 02:11 AM
1) make each plane's flight model much more unique than in FB. have REALLY complex engine management, and a realistic start up sequence (realism setting of course). and pay much more attention to each plane's flight characteristics and performance.

2)eye candy! similar to what the first poster said. when planes blow up, make more pieces, and some sounds of small pieces hitting ur plane as u fly through an explosion. it would be cool if when making a belly landing, ur plane left a trail of dirt and pieces behind it unless on a runway. one last thing, make planes able to have small fires on the sides of fuselage or wings when shot there. all fires in il2 are huge billowing fires, it would be nice to see small fires with only minimal smoke.

just some ideas, little things i know but i like attention to detail.

Message Edited on 12/09/0305:11PM by jj8325

XyZspineZyX
12-10-2003, 06:55 AM
Move on to new era - that would be fun

S!
609IAP_Recon

Forgotten Skies Virtual War
Forum: http://fogwar.luftwaffe.net/forums/index.php
Visit 609IAP at http://takeoff.to/609IAP

http://www.leeboats.com/609/sig/609_recon3.jpg

"What was truly obsolete happened to be the turning or dogfighting
combat that had been used during of WW I."

Erik Shilling - AVG - http://yarchive.net/mil/p40.html

XyZspineZyX
12-11-2003, 12:04 AM
I'd wish for the next sim when you get an A-A kill you would get your victory recorded in your fuselage/or rudder.

Also, when you get to a higher rank that you have control over the deployment and waypoints to follow to target and back so you can evade flak batteries. Too I would like to assign more experienced pilots to less experienced ones in my Schwarm or if leading a whole Staffeln do that as well. Something I've never seen in sims is taking into account pilots moral I don't want the AI to be robots or suicidal Kamikazes I want them to fear death if enough of their flight get shot down I want them to be more or less agressive while in the air and them to try ro run away.

Last but not least attrition if you get enough aircraft damaged or not serviced or land of field that should affect how your squadron or staffel dwploys to the front even missing several days of action. Not only in aircraft bu in pilots ,forcing the player to care for their AI brethren. That you want them to succeed along with you. That would be very important for the immersion factor.

Glasses-"I may have four eyes but you only have one wing"

"Kurt Tank is your daddy"