PDA

View Full Version : SteamUbisoft Games on uPlay

ShiShiShuShu
09-19-2015, 03:01 AM
hey,
Can developers of uplay give us info on when we can install ubisoft games that are purchased through steam with uplay only and play through uplay only?
Also any chance we get Nicknames? so we have our own account name and nickname that everyone sees us with just like steam.
Please dear developer give me time or tell me if you will ever going to implement this or not.
Thank you

SirithSenareil
10-17-2015, 09:39 AM
While I understand it's more of Steam thing, it would be still neat (even after 3 years). Even better would be if Uplay detected if the game is installed already by Steam. Detection of installation would make dealing with double DRM a bit less of a pain. Now it works like that - I download and install the game on the Steam, I click play and the game automatically opens Uplay, which DOWNLOADS AND INSTALLS THE GAME THE SECOND TIME. It's a bit of a pain to deal with.

Wybrem
10-18-2015, 12:06 AM
It only installed the game ONCE for me. The Crew, but that was a year ago. I keep my games on a home server, so no re-installs for me.

Ubi-Kay
10-18-2015, 05:09 PM
I click play and the game automatically opens Uplay, which DOWNLOADS AND INSTALLS THE GAME THE SECOND TIME. It's a bit of a pain to deal with.

Yeah, this should not be happening. The only way it should is when you own two copies of the game, one Steam version, the other on Uplay. After installing the game through Steam, launching Uplay and installing the Uplay version of the game.

MeleeMike16
10-21-2015, 05:50 AM
uPlay team,

Please have a look at this thread - http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/979359-Uninstalled-some-games-but-it-says-installed-on-Uplay?

As the thread indicates (see top of page three) many steam games including Assassins creed Brotherhood, Farcry 3, and Prince of Persia show as installed for many people on uplay when they aren't actually installed at all.

I personally am affected by this as Farcry 3 (steam version) shows as installed and it is not. I uninstalled through steam and uplay for months insists the game is installed - very frustrating, please implement a fix! Thanks!