PDA

View Full Version : [Ask your Questions] Warden Q&A with our Game Director

SpaceElephant
09-18-2015, 10:08 PM
The Warden, this powerful knight from the Legions faction, has been seen in some videos but he still remains a bit mysterious.

Now we offer you the chance to ASK YOUR QUESTIONS to our Game Director Roman Campos-Oriola. If you want to know more about his moves, gameplay style, weapon and what inspired our designers, it’s your chance!

Ask your questions in the comments below, and we’ll come back soon with a dedicated Q&A!

http://i.imgur.com/igcyOeB.jpg?1

MrJoker.
09-19-2015, 06:03 PM
When Closed Beta or Alpha ?

Asiek777
09-20-2015, 03:58 PM
When I'll be able to test him myself?

Ok, first question was a joke.

In comparision with other classes and other factions's classes, is he fast/slow, ofensive/tanky?

xRonak
09-21-2015, 08:08 PM
#imasamurai

An0ther_Player
09-22-2015, 04:01 PM
A few questions from me.
1. Was the wardens design, and combat style inspired by a character from the movies or other games?

2.Will the wardens weapons be limited to two-handed swords or will it extend to two-handed Axes or pole arms?

An0ther_Player
09-24-2015, 12:26 AM
Another one from me....Will the Warden have any special abilities/attacks other than feats? and how will these differ from other classes or factions. If so how will this be achieved...e.g through a combo?

Ichrukia56
09-27-2015, 09:40 AM
Was it mainly the French Knights that inspired you to create the character or was it a mix of the different knights throughout Europe?

MrJoker.
09-27-2015, 10:23 AM
Will it be more nations such as the Crusaders , etc?
Will it be possible the creation of clans and the fight between them? " Orders " would be a better name.
How many maps will be in the full version ?
Will there be any major skirmish for example . 15vs15 ?
Will players be able to play together with your friends?
Will there be any ranking for players ?
Will the game be in Polish ?
When we were shown the Vikings?

coma987
10-07-2015, 09:16 PM
Will I be able to "End him Rightly"? #IamKnight

Kenozz
10-14-2015, 08:26 AM
Is there trainning mode? Not just alone, but also with friends or aginst them (1vs1,2vs1 etc...). Maybe with the wooden swords. Need good sword skills before going in the battlefied, otherwise you will die fast...

shyWolverine
10-16-2015, 12:24 AM
We've heard that the Warden has greater defensive ability compared to the Oni. Does this simply mean in a armour/health way, or things like faster hit recovery, or feats, etc?

Merlander_
10-20-2015, 06:18 AM
Wondering personally about the character customization we have a little info just from speculation, however I was wondering how different armors are going to be from each other. In example I'm a huge Berserk fan and I'll probably try my best to make my character look like the Black Swordsman himself, however the current warden armor doesn't quite look like it, I was wondering if it's just changing the metal and tabard or if the actual form has variants. Thanks if you get to answering this, #IamKnight

Willaguy2010
02-19-2016, 01:01 AM
This is a Warden Q&A everyone, so questions unrelated to the Warden are unlikely to be answered. Question: What kind of fighting styles influenced the Warden's animations and stances?

TehEpicNinja
02-21-2016, 04:22 AM
When it comes to customizing the Warden's longsword in particular, will you choose from a list of preset swords like in Chivalry: Medieval Warfare? Or will there be customization for the blade, pommel, guard, etc. individually for extended customization and pinpointing the stats you want? I'd prefer the latter, but I understand if it'd be too complicated and pointless. Can't wait for the next open beta/alpha test!

CapnPunkin
02-22-2016, 12:39 AM
Will we be able to wear capes? And if so will it be knights only? Will it be extended to the other factions?

If not could capes be available in future dlc's?

painfulways
07-29-2016, 04:13 AM
After owning PlayStation,Xbox, and a PC , I notice limitations with console based games.

Question 1: Is there going to be different versions of the game based on what platform players use?

2: If this game is going to be cross platform , what is the development team limiting to PC?

Killerbrian26
07-29-2016, 04:57 AM
Am I going to be able to unscrew my pommel and throw it at my enemy as a finisher, so as to end him rightly?

Skallagrim memes aside, what kind of playstyle is the warden supposed to adopt? For example, should they be on the front lines, flanking, skirmishing, etc.

coma987
07-29-2016, 12:13 PM
guys, this was posted a year ago...

waraidako
07-29-2016, 03:46 PM
http://i.imgur.com/M4xeX.png

Unregistered
09-20-2016, 11:44 PM
Does or will for honor have a split screen and or offline duel game modes so that people can play with or againsts friends locally.. I really think this could be a make or break mechanic in the game.. Please add a split screen in your game I beg you it will be worth it!

Roy_McDunno
09-21-2016, 10:35 AM
https://bfhu.files.wordpress.com/2013/03/necromancy.jpg

just bc. you can, doesn't mean you should :D

But I have to admit, sometimes doing dumb stuff is funny.

and yeah, maybe I also necromanced just a teeny-tiny bit, but:
Why not?

Iron-Architect
09-23-2016, 03:48 PM
Loving the game guys! My question is about game mechanics...

The Warden, to me, feels like a well rounded character with a balance of attack and defense. Why did you choose that set of mechanics for a Knight character and not for another faction? What was it about the Warden style made it feel like a Knight apposed to something else?

I ask this because I don't feel there is a lot of cohesion between faction characters in terms of their game play mechanics. For example the Viking Beserker could easily be a Samurai, whilst the Kensei feels similar to the Raider Viking. I'm interested why and how you have tried to make each faction feel different from one another mechanically.

ZechsMarquizy
09-26-2016, 05:48 AM
Will the Warden receive a slight buff to its moveset? Will the Warden Elite Costume Armor set be made available later on?

Roy_McDunno
09-26-2016, 09:04 AM
AFAIK Elite-armor was only for Ubi-DEVs, I thought?

BOT_GunRunner
09-26-2016, 10:16 AM
will the warden, really be the only class one can play in the story missions, for the knights - same for raider and kensei for the other two 'races'? Or can we change the classes to say... Lawbringer from the getgo/later on?

waraidako
09-26-2016, 11:54 AM
AFAIK Elite-armor was only for Ubi-DEVs, I thought?

Devs had a special one with the ubisoft swirl on it. I think the pieces themselves will be available for players though. Probably higher level items.

Also, why is this thread not locked yet? It's a year old and people are just necroing it now. No one is here to answer your questions anymore. You missed your shot, people!

Roy_McDunno
09-26-2016, 12:29 PM
hm, I thought all armor-pieces + the logo are DEVs only, tho.

We'll see, because that armor sure looks pretty damn awesome!

drosdelnoch
09-28-2016, 05:43 PM
I was wondering what they were going to do to keep the game fresh for players, what sort of regular updates can we expect, will we be able to choose our own colour palette so that it can match our insignia, will we be able to have our insignia on shields etc? Just whilst I've loved playing the alpha, I'm worried that it could quickly die off in a similar way to the original titanfall.

SlayingSouls
09-28-2016, 07:55 PM
Will there be any Q&A's for the remaining characters by chance?

SOLID_SNAKE1435
10-01-2016, 06:09 PM
will there be 3rd beta test in october

waraidako
10-04-2016, 09:24 PM
By all of the gods in all of the 9 worlds I hope so. I want to play more For Honor.

Killerbrian26
10-05-2016, 02:29 AM
Guys this thread was made in 2015. They won't be putting your questions into a video and probably won't be replying to them.

Alanthir
10-09-2016, 07:37 PM
What was your goal with this class? The things that makes him different from the others and are his standalone feature. What was/is your intended role for him on the battlefield and what kind of advantages and flaws does the Warden have in comparision to the other classes?

Unregistered
10-18-2016, 10:18 PM
Is it true there will be ZERO couch multiplayer options after all the hype about split-screen?

JohnyMcLoda
12-21-2016, 08:55 PM
Hi, I pre-order Gold Edition For Honor with season-pass, but now i notice that all DLC will be for free. What is in that season-pass?

Decepci0n
01-19-2017, 02:00 AM
Buenas,me llevado una gran decepción al leer que han quitado la pantalla dividida, y habéis dicho que porque el juego no conseguía la triple A,lo primero que pienso es que no me creo que no lo hayan podido hacer con todos los profesionales que tienen ustedes bajo su disposición, sin hablar del dinero que tienen,yo creo que han echo el engaño para anunciarse mejor y al fin y al cabo son como todos, que entre todos vais a acabar con la pantalla dividida. Lo segundo es que no habéis tenido en cuenta lo que pensaban vuestros seguidores,podíais a ver echo una votación y ver vosotros mismos si salía rentable o no , pero claro es mas fácil dejar a la gente con la miel en la boca y quitársela sin mas y hacer lo que ustedes quieran,y como al fin y al cabo la gente va a jugar y vais a vender pues mira, lo que pasa que vais a acabar con esto y es culpa de nosotros que no nos revelamos, porque si nos revelásemos veríais como esto cambiaría . Hubierais puesto la pantalla dividida y todos contentos y no tantos gráficos que al fin y al cabo no es mas importante que pasar un buen rato con tus amigos/familiares en compañía y divirtiéndose. Gracias Ubisoft por esta decepción.

Good, I was very disappointed to read that they have removed the split screen, and you said that because the game did not get the triple A, the first thing I think is that I do not think they have been able to do it with all the professionals they have You at your disposal, not to mention the money they have, I think they have made the deception to announce better and after all are like all, that between all you will end the divided screen. The second is that you did not take into account what your followers thought, you could see a vote and see if it was profitable or not, but of course it is easier to leave the people with the honey in their mouth and remove it without more And do what you want, and how, after all, people are going to play and you're going to sell, look, what happens is that you're going to end this and it's our fault that we do not reveal ourselves, because if we revealed ourselves, As this would change. You would have put the screen divided and all happy and not so many graphics that after all is not more important than having a good time with your friends / family in company and having fun. Thanks Ubisoft for this disappointment.

LastMoh1can
01-19-2017, 04:43 AM
Ive been wondering this since those alpha gameplays showed up. Will the Warden or any other class, have any skills that canbuff those cannon-fodder troops temporarily?

Like giving them damage/speed boosts, some Rally cry, Phalanx and shield war formations, special tactics to enhance their survivability against players, or at least make them use their shield efectivelly... poor bastards. Its clearly something that dominion could benefit from, like not having to worry about leaving zone A undefended, cause your troops can stop them, at least for a little bit longer. Right now, they feel so harmless that no one really cares about them, we just smash the attack button a few times and we can kill 40 of them.

Havent seen anyone in the forum ask anything about this so far, so i shot in the dark here. Its possible we could have those types of skills?

PS: damn those thread necromancers