PDA

View Full Version : Best stick settings for ROLL-PITCH-YAW?

LuftLuver
03-30-2004, 02:49 AM
Awhile back, I had some stick settings that Oleg supposedly preferred, but that was IL2.

Does anyone know of a website that instructs on the proper usage of the input function and perhaps some sample profiles for various planes.

My trouble has been that the nose of my aircraft will pitch and yaw around so much that I am taking snap shots even when I'm right on the bogey's 6!

I discovered that my YAW settings were 100 across the board. Not good. resetting this has helped, but now I am interested in maximizing these settings for my various ac, plus being able to understand what I am doing when I tinker.

Mainly fly the P47, P51 and P38. Can anyone help out in this area?

Thanks

LuftLuver
03-30-2004, 02:49 AM
Awhile back, I had some stick settings that Oleg supposedly preferred, but that was IL2.

Does anyone know of a website that instructs on the proper usage of the input function and perhaps some sample profiles for various planes.

My trouble has been that the nose of my aircraft will pitch and yaw around so much that I am taking snap shots even when I'm right on the bogey's 6!

I discovered that my YAW settings were 100 across the board. Not good. resetting this has helped, but now I am interested in maximizing these settings for my various ac, plus being able to understand what I am doing when I tinker.

Mainly fly the P47, P51 and P38. Can anyone help out in this area?

Thanks

lil_labbit
03-30-2004, 05:39 AM
1) Calibrate your stick first
2) Run FB
3) goto Hardware input

Select all three axis and adjust the profile settings (good chance they are 100% all over the board).

Start left slider at almost zero (like 1) then 3 5 9 and gently slope up.
TEST the axis The Red dot to the left is your stick response - the Green dot is what the plane will get as input.
Make sure you have green dot blocking red on center positions, also make sure you have a full range (green blocks red on corners).

The curve you use realy is dependant on the plane you fly, the joystick you use and the settings you like. Just experiment a while.

Once you have the right profile - save the conf.ini file in the main game dir - this holds your profile...

http://members.home.nl/lil.labbit/lilseesya.jpg
Night is better than Day

LuftLuver
03-30-2004, 03:24 PM
Thanks Lil labbit, I will begin there.