PDA

View Full Version : Bought Ghost recon future soldier but Uplay can't install or uninstall

L812
09-17-2015, 02:56 AM
SO I bought GRFS last night, and I can't seem to install it, here are the errors it gives me when I try different things.

Firstly it gives me the play button even though I have not installed it, when I click on the play button it tells me that the game is unable to start. Please check that your game has been installed correctly.

After that I went to the Properties section under the game, where it shows you where the game is installed, it shows the location but when I follow the path of where the folder is, there is nothing. I can't seem to change the location of where the game should be installed either.

When I click the Open Folder option, it says Uplay is unable to access the game folder. Make sure the folder exists and that it is not in use. It doesn't exist because I searched for it.

When I click the Verify Files option it tells me that "Failed to validate files. try re-installing the game if problem persists.

Then I try the last option which is obviously to uninstall the game, but when I click that, it takes me right to my control panel, where surprise surprise there is nothing there either.

Can someone help me out? I have no idea what to do next.

Tengg-Eri
09-17-2015, 11:28 PM
ppl had same issues... I didn't find a solution though
try uninstalling uplay luncher and uplay app
then delete all leftovers
then clear the system registry from anything related with ubisoft and uplay
then instal uplay and then the game

make sure to copy save files from other games...

L812
09-21-2015, 02:28 AM
Thanx mate, Glad to hear I'm not the only one experiencing this!!! I haven't tried your method before but I will, and then get back to you and give you an update, I really hope this works :)

Tengg-Eri
09-21-2015, 11:54 AM
hope it'll work... it's the most tedious proposition for a solution though

BostonBakdBEANS
03-06-2017, 09:53 PM
SO I bought GRFS last night, and I can't seem to install it, here are the errors it gives me when I try different things.

Firstly it gives me the play button even though I have not installed it, when I click on the play button it tells me that the game is unable to start. Please check that your game has been installed correctly.

After that I went to the Properties section under the game, where it shows you where the game is installed, it shows the location but when I follow the path of where the folder is, there is nothing. I can't seem to change the location of where the game should be installed either.

When I click the Open Folder option, it says Uplay is unable to access the game folder. Make sure the folder exists and that it is not in use. It doesn't exist because I searched for it.

When I click the Verify Files option it tells me that "Failed to validate files. try re-installing the game if problem persists.

Then I try the last option which is obviously to uninstall the game, but when I click that, it takes me right to my control panel, where surprise surprise there is nothing there either.

Can someone help me out? I have no idea what to do next.

Don't know if you ever figured this one out. But for me just decided to play it again...and it automatically launched my steam installer.