PDA

View Full Version : Snow in the Jack the Ripper DLC?

Altair1789
09-16-2015, 10:06 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g011KMnqDKQ

I noticed during this video you could see some snow particles and the citizens had some breath effects as if it was cold

http://i.imgur.com/amRRmM7.png

(at about 0:27 in the video)

http://i.imgur.com/15ovUHB.png

(at about 0:10 in the video)

It's not that easy to see in the screenshots, but they're noticeable in the videos. You can also see people's breaths at various points during the video
This campaign apparently takes place during winter, so snow wouldn't be unreasonable. I only hope that if this DLC adds snow, you can turn on snow while freeroaming London as Jacob or Evie

BananaBlighter
09-16-2015, 10:09 PM
Well the thumbnail for that video shows what I think is snow much more clearly, so yeah, hopefully we'll begetting some nice weather effects. Wonder if they'll affect the gameplay in any way.

VestigialLlama4
09-16-2015, 10:15 PM
The last Jack the Ripper murder of Mary Kelly happened in November 1888. We see that incident in the trailer. That shot of the inside of the house all bloodied up, she was the only victim the Ripper killed indoors and so the mutilations were longer and more extensive. The killings happened first on late August, then three in September, then a long month or so of inactivity and then the "final" murder of Mary Kelly after which that particular MO (throat slit, postmortem mutilations and organs removed) started being phased out.

So I think there should be snow, maybe its time for Ubisoft to recycle the snow assets from AC3 in their proverbial attic. Whitechapel should be colder since this was one of the worst slum districts in the world, so winter was harder on the poor who lived in flophouses and lacked proper heating facilities and so on.

HDinHB
09-16-2015, 10:33 PM
I hope we get a nice Victorian Christmas somewhere.

VestigialLlama4
09-16-2015, 10:34 PM
I hope we get a nice Victorian Christmas somewhere.

A side mission with a dude called Scrooge maybe...

Sorrosyss
09-16-2015, 10:37 PM
Good eye, hope you are right. :)

Alphacos007
09-16-2015, 10:58 PM
Snow is always nice :cool:

Pandassin
09-16-2015, 11:06 PM
I've really missed snow, I hope it returns!

HDinHB
09-16-2015, 11:14 PM
Um, Rogue?

Has lots of snow.

Altair1789
09-17-2015, 01:02 AM
Well the thumbnail for that video shows what I think is snow much more clearly, so yeah, hopefully we'll begetting some nice weather effects. Wonder if they'll affect the gameplay in any way.

that's true, looks a bit frosty

Um, Rogue?

Has lots of snow.

Yea, but it wasn't really anything like AC3's snow, which nailed it in my opinion. AC3 had that thing where walking in snow would slow you down and leave tracks, AC3 actually had snowfall, which Rogue didn't, and AC3 had snow in the cities. If they could give us AC3's snow, AC4's rain, that would be a very nice addition to the Victorian setting

LoyalACFan
09-17-2015, 01:20 AM
I'm kind of hoping the seasons change over the course of Syndicate proper. Maybe it would finally allow for a believable passage of time in an AC game. I mean, I'm not expecting anything crazy like real-time snow accumulation or anything, but I think it would be cool if the leaves were green in one sequence, brown in the next, then gone in the one afterward with some snow particles floating around and maybe a greyish filter.

m4r-k7
09-17-2015, 01:26 AM
If they could give us AC3's snow, AC4's rain, that would be a very nice addition to the Victorian setting

This.

Altair1789
09-17-2015, 11:11 PM
I'm kind of hoping the seasons change over the course of Syndicate proper. Maybe it would finally allow for a believable passage of time in an AC game. I mean, I'm not expecting anything crazy like real-time snow accumulation or anything, but I think it would be cool if the leaves were green in one sequence, brown in the next, then gone in the one afterward with some snow particles floating around and maybe a greyish filter.

It's possible that there'll be a transition between spring, summer, and fall, but I don't expect anything for winter or snow outside of the Ripper DLC. Trees in the first Syndicate gameplay video were red/ brown, but in the 2nd they were all green