PDA

View Full Version : My prediction of the Jack the Ripper DLC

king-hailz
09-16-2015, 08:35 PM
I really like some of the theories going around that Jacob goes insane and becomes Jack the Ripper but I think it will be something a little different. I personally think Jack the Ripper is trying to frame Jacob by dressing like him and kill people in the dark. The mission will be to kill Jack the Ripper and keep they entire thing away from the publics eye to save Jacob. This will work with any ending, if Evie dies then Jacob could be trying to keep away from society and this even brings him back to the limelight once again to show his assassin skills. It could work with Jacob dying because we could play as Evie when Jack is pretending to be Jacob and she has to prevent Jacob looking bad. It could also obviously work if both are alive. I doubt they both die because we wouldn't really get a DLC set 2 years later...

VestigialLlama4
09-16-2015, 08:46 PM
I really like some of the theories going around that Jacob goes insane and becomes Jack the Ripper but I think it will be something a little different. I personally think Jack the Ripper is trying to frame Jacob by dressing like him and kill people in the dark.

I think the first theory about Evil Jacob Frye makes a heck of a lot more sense than the second. Jacob Frye is an Assassin, a secret figure, he has no reputation. What can be gained by framing a man like that?

The mission will be to kill Jack the Ripper and keep they entire thing away from the publics eye to save Jacob.

Because obviously the Assassins need a personal motivation to hunt down a murderer of defenseless women.

I personally think that Jack the Ripper is...Jack the Ripper. I don't think he has any connection to the Frye Twins. He's a separate person/entity. I understand that people like the idea of Jacob Frye being Jack the Ripper and if this were pre-Rogue Unity I might buy that, however hard it would be to buy it. But Ubisoft doesn't have any b--lls anymore, so you can't expect this kind of daring from them.

LoyalACFan
09-17-2015, 12:40 AM
TBH I don't really care. I was hoping for something a little more original for the DLC; Jack the Ripper is the single most cliche thing they could have done in a London game. And honestly I find him thoroughly uninteresting; just some random psycho who never got caught. I don't feel anything "mysterious" about that, it was all just rather sad and pointless.

Altair1789
09-17-2015, 01:06 AM
I think when he said "I love my work, and want to start again," that was a hint. Maybe they'll make him join the Assassins and start killing Templars. Or maybe he joins the Templars. I'd actually rather have Jack the Ripper be a 3rd party who happens to run into a conflict between the two factions

LoyalACFan
09-17-2015, 01:13 AM
I think when he said "I love my work, and want to start again," that was a hint. Maybe they'll make him join the Assassins and start killing Templars. Or maybe he joins the Templars. I'd actually rather have Jack the Ripper be a 3rd party who happens to run into a conflict between the two factions

If Jack the Ripper is a Templar then I'm going to lose every shred of respect I have for the professional ability of Jeffrey Yohalem or whoever is writing this thing.

Thirsty_panda
09-17-2015, 05:29 AM
I really like some of the theories going around that Jacob goes insane and becomes Jack the Ripper but I think it will be something a little different. I personally think Jack the Ripper is trying to frame Jacob by dressing like him and kill people in the dark. The mission will be to kill Jack the Ripper and keep they entire thing away from the publics eye to save Jacob. This will work with any ending, if Evie dies then Jacob could be trying to keep away from society and this even brings him back to the limelight once again to show his assassin skills. It could work with Jacob dying because we could play as Evie when Jack is pretending to be Jacob and she has to prevent Jacob looking bad. It could also obviously work if both are alive. I doubt they both die because we wouldn't really get a DLC set 2 years later...

Got to love how were already half expecting this. :rolleyes: In fact Evie might be made out to be one of Jack's victims. We might as well just start speculating as to how he does it