PDA

View Full Version : AC4 Season Pass Question

ProfaniterDEAF
09-16-2015, 12:40 AM
OK some while ago like two weeks ago, I bought AC4 Season Pass from Humble Bundle website and it said it can only be activated on uPlay.. so I went ahead and bought it and I activated it on uPlay, it detected "some" season pass contents for instance: I finally get to see some DLC characters for multiplayer but not Freedom Cry? I know Freedom Cry is part of the season pass... can anyone help me to understand how it work to activate or to initiate download the Freedom Cry game? Any ways?

jonathan7882
09-16-2015, 05:06 PM
Once you buy and activate the season pass in the uplay client all dlc should appear and say owned. THen when you try to launch AC 4 it should update the game, then when it loads it should be available. If not try a uninstall reinstall.

YazX_
09-16-2015, 05:47 PM
Freedom Cry will be shown on Game Main Menu in SinglePlayer, have you checked there?

ProfaniterDEAF
09-16-2015, 06:06 PM
Okay.. that didn't help but I did what you suggested: uninstall.. I reinstalled, oh it's downloading from STEAM.. not uPlay... But I activated Season Pass on uPlay not on Steam... however the game did not load Freedom Cry and when I opened the main menu in game, I click on "Additional Contents" it opened uPlay UI.. I closed. then I click on Freedom Cry's picture, it opened Steam's store page... I'm confused..

jonathan7882
09-16-2015, 07:21 PM
Okay.. that didn't help but I did what you suggested: uninstall.. I reinstalled, oh it's downloading from STEAM.. not uPlay... But I activated Season Pass on uPlay not on Steam... however the game did not load Freedom Cry and when I opened the main menu in game, I click on "Additional Contents" it opened uPlay UI.. I closed. then I click on Freedom Cry's picture, it opened Steam's store page... I'm confused..

Ok here's what likely happened. The season pass key was a steam download not uplay meaning it would require both steam and uplay. Now if you AC 4 game is from uplay or retail the two keys are incompatable. A steam season pass key will not work with the uplay base game infact steam shouldn't be allowing it to go through if AC 4 isn't in your steam library. So if your situation is you have the Retail or uplay download of AC 4 your season pass key will not work if it is linked to steam and you need to request a refund. If not I'm as confused as you.