PDA

View Full Version : Games BackUp

VaiKesh
09-15-2015, 12:37 PM
Greetings!
The client just has been updated to the latest version with the new cool interface, but unfortunately the backup feature wasn't add to the capabilities of the client. Just yesterday, I had to re-download Assassins Creed Rogue, AC Unity and WatchDogs (> 70GB of information) because re-install client. These games I tried to move to another drive and then substitute in the download folder or in the folder of the game, but the client has not received them.
Please make at least the ability to copy files and run a check for not installed games or check before downloading (file allocation of space) takes into account the existing files.

Thanks in advance for your attention to the feedback and suggestions.
P.S. Sorry for GoogleTranlate :)

Ubi-Cain
09-15-2015, 05:06 PM
Thanks for the heads up VaiKesh, we'll definitely check this one out.

/Cain

RdJ1
09-16-2015, 10:01 PM
VaiKesh, did you try this to backup and reinstall your games:

1) Backup the install folder
2) Uninstall the game or Uplay
3) Reinstall Uplay if you uninstalled it
4) Start the game download in Uplay
5) after Uplay has downloaded a couple of MBs (10 should be enough), stop the download and shut down Uplay completely
6) Put the game files from the backup you made in step 1 in the new install folder of the game
7) Start Uplay, and check the game. Maybe you have to press the download button and I recommend verifying the game files, just to be sure

If you do this, you shouldn't have to re-download everything. I used this to move some games from my SSD to HDD. I never tried it after deleting Uplay, but I think it should still work.

Nonetheless, I think it would be a good thing to have backup and move game files options.

Rohith_Kumar_Sp
09-18-2015, 10:16 AM

1) Backup the install folder
2) Uninstall the game or Uplay
3) Reinstall Uplay if you uninstalled it
4) Start the game download in Uplay
5) after Uplay has downloaded a couple of MBs (10 should be enough), stop the download and shut down Uplay completely
6) Put the game files from the backup you made in step 1 in the new install folder of the game
7) Start Uplay, and check the game. Maybe you have to press the download button and I recommend verifying the game files, just to be sure

If you do this, you shouldn't have to re-download everything. I used this to move some games from my SSD to HDD. I never tried it after deleting Uplay, but I think it should still work.

Nonetheless, I think it would be a good thing to have backup and move game files options.

i've said it before, i say it again, you shouldn't as a customer go through such lengthy process for making a game work after a fresh install or moving the game to a HDD , Uplay should add Backup games feature like steam does. it's frustrating that i have to download 40-70 gb games everytime with the internet connections being

http://www.speedtest.net/result/2868916183.png

i know they will take like 5 more years to implement this, but at this point, i'm tried of it, i never completed ACU or FC 4 as it asks me to download the entire game all over, everytime i move them or installed a new os recently. or they could just give me the updates in EXE files, rather than going through the trouble of downloading the updates every damn time.

VaiKesh
09-19-2015, 09:15 AM
Thanks, but I knew this method
I've tried this and it didn't work. Client download entire game again. Tried this with this three games in my post.
I just thought that this Sub-Forum is for suggestions;)

RdJ1
09-19-2015, 04:32 PM
Thanks, but I knew this method
I've tried this and it didn't work. Client download entire game again. Tried this with this three games in my post.
I just thought that this Sub-Forum is for suggestions;)

Ok, that sucks. 70 GB is gonna take quite a while to download...
And I do agree they should add this functionality, especially when the workaround doesn't always work.

DJWISS
09-23-2015, 10:00 PM
a while back I posted a video on youtube on how to backup games in Uplay

Check it out :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3KZar4DakAM

it should help you, but totally agree about the games backup, we definitely need it in Uplay