PDA

View Full Version : Random map generator

guest-hqJwNr69
09-15-2015, 12:14 PM
As for me, You really need random map generator in game.

Ubi-MoshiMoshi
09-15-2015, 12:29 PM
Hi and welcome to the forums guest-hqJwNr69,

Yes, there will be a Random Map Generator.

Please have a read here https://mmh7.ubi.com/en/blog/post/view/a-first-look-at-the-map-editor for further details.

Thanks

Warlordll
09-21-2015, 06:03 PM
And the time frame for dat if possible?

Pawek1308
09-21-2015, 07:53 PM
RMG will be available at the release date. :)

MoritzBradtke
09-21-2015, 09:47 PM
well, i'm a Little curious, what is a random map Generator? i would guess it's a way ro create a random map but how should this work? i would wonder if a random map Generator could create a good balanced map so i guess u all are talking about the map Editor itself and the possibilty to create maps on ure own?

Pawek1308
09-21-2015, 11:37 PM
In Heroes V RMG wasn't cmpletely random. It chose one of many map templates available, then it filled it with objects. In that way, random maps differ between each other but situations when objects are unreachable are prevented.

RobvD84
09-23-2015, 07:49 AM
They showed a few things from the RMG at the map editor stream. Also the RMG is in the map editor if i am right. So it is not going to be like H3 if i am correct.

GamerSerg
09-24-2015, 11:10 PM
I haven't been able to get the map editor stream to play. Is the map editor a separate program outside the main game? To make a random map do you have to launch map editor, create the map, save it, launch the game and then load your map?

I was really hoping for Heroes V style where the RMG was so simple. From the main menu you could select a few options like map size, underground, water, etc and within seconds you had a new map ready to jump right in.

RobvD84
09-25-2015, 07:47 AM
You can also watch it on Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sQhOkJ4Pf0o

centralnui
09-29-2015, 02:59 PM
So I still don't get it. I finally stared the game, but I didn't find anything like random maps. If you say "there will be the random maps", then what you mean exactly? First of all I need to know is when will you make it available? Second of all how will it work? Will it be a part of the game like HOMMIII has, or will you only iclude it into the map editor?
These are very important questions and this is the only thing that I'm interested in game.
I hope for a quick response.
Thank you!

centralnui
09-29-2015, 03:50 PM
I found answers, I found random map creator in the map editor, but NOT in the game.
It's an awfull idea. I don't want play the game this way. Why? Because you will see the map when it's done by creator! It will be seen and what the interest will you have to play the game that is well known for you? Especially when you play as a hot seat! You will spoiler all the game!

I've got the only question now - will you include it into the game? This is the most important question for me.

Raiden74
09-29-2015, 04:03 PM
you just open the Editor... choose New and then Random Map. How hard is that!?

centralnui
09-29-2015, 04:55 PM
You've got the answer right up there. Read my previous message again.

But my question is still unanswered. Ubi-MoshiMoshi, please, find some time and answer my question.

I've got the only question now - will you include it into the game? This is the most important question for me.

lightningboldaz
09-29-2015, 08:16 PM
You guys are really lucky my editor dont even starts it keeps saying it misses some files. and refuses to even start.

aceymich
09-29-2015, 08:39 PM
Same problem. I follow the actions from the stream but when I try to save the map, an error msg saying that it will not save because no Hero/city or Adversary/city has been chosen. The stream did not address how these are added and there is nowhere on the template to do so. Any suggestions?
Thanks...

centralnui
09-30-2015, 02:24 AM
It seems like my question will not be answered. I've made refund. Happy playing "your" heroes, you never knew what people want see in the game, as long as you haven't even included the random map generator into the game.

broui
09-30-2015, 02:52 AM
well, i'm a Little curious, what is a random map Generator? i would guess it's a way ro create a random map but how should this work? i would wonder if a random map Generator could create a good balanced map so i guess u all are talking about the map Editor itself and the possibilty to create maps on ure own?

Pardon me if this sounds more basic an answer than you were looking for but ---

The Map Editor allows you to create a map from scratch. All the tools are there to do it. However, many (like myself) don't have a lot of time to do one from scratch so a good RMG is what I would use. It creates a basic map and then with the tools, you can add whatever you want.

People traditionally have uploaded their creations at a few sites that give access for sharing: Celestial Heavens and Maps4heroes are two of my personal favorite. I'd say within a month or two it is reasonable to expect quite a few people having already created maps to share.

Meanwhile, try creating one with the RMG and play from there. Of course, the more you play the game, the better your instincts when you create your maps.

Good luck.

centralnui
09-30-2015, 03:31 AM
I played thousands of random maps in HOMMIII and guess what, I haven't wasted my time to make any of them, all I did is clicked on a button to start a random map and there we go, the BEST maps could be EVER done! No one ever can make any map like those that game done by itself in HOMMIII. It is always gives you different situations and you don't have to waste your time even to chose, because most of time it makes really good maps! What will I do if I get a bad one map? I will simply make a new one! Why? Because it's easy and quick! As long as it's included into the game it will never spoiler the game, it's very important!

RobvD84
09-30-2015, 07:29 AM
I do agree that having to use the map editor is not really great. I rather want it to be ingame (just like H3). But it is what it is. We can't change this anymore sadly. On the other hand i am waiting for a fix for loading saves that keep crashing. Untill then there seem to be no reason for me to play this game. Don't have much time and don't want my autosaves from campaign to be gone from playing other maps.

centralnui
09-30-2015, 07:43 AM
But it is what it is. We can't change this anymore sadly.
We can't, but I hope to know an official answer.
Moshi, please, share a word with us.

Greshnik111
09-30-2015, 12:59 PM
What have changed in last ~15 years that it became so complicated to integrate RMG into the game? I dont need the editor, I want a complete game.

nllsq
09-30-2015, 01:08 PM
I played thousands of random maps in HOMMIII and guess what, I haven't wasted my time to make any of them, all I did is clicked on a button to start a random map and there we go, the BEST maps could be EVER done! No one ever can make any map like those that game done by itself in HOMMIII. It is always gives you different situations and you don't have to waste your time even to chose, because most of time it makes really good maps! What will I do if I get a bad one map? I will simply make a new one! Why? Because it's easy and quick! As long as it's included into the game it will never spoiler the game, it's very important!

This! I sign with both hands. It is still not too late to fix this.

centralnui
10-01-2015, 03:09 AM
We still don't get any response by Ubi, so don't tell me they do care about players.

P.S.: I truly hope you will sell Heroes Franchise, because you have no idea how to make any part of Heroes. Please, enjoy your trash, and don't tell to people that you know what fans are really wanted. I've got my money back and I glad I did it.

kerbner
10-01-2015, 03:25 AM
I can't even get out of town in the random map I created it says *path blocked*

Daishi_de
10-01-2015, 08:47 AM
The maps witch the randommapgenerator makes are ugly as hell...
And very empty too -.-

Here take a look

http://forum.pcgames.de/attachments/10565d1443623189-might-magic-heroes-7-strategiespiel-erschienen-steam-user-klagen-ueber-bugs-und-altertuemliche-grafik-mmh7game-win64-shipping-2015-09-29-15-35-38-41.jpg

Multipliershot
10-01-2015, 08:12 PM
I bought this game ONLY because I heard it will include RMG. I didn't really care that it was not in game and instead in Map Editor and I don't care about Uplay hate.
Unfortunately RMG is pure crap. The largest map created by editor is "small" in game. You can't choose how much water/different landscape you want. It's buggy as well creating paths that are blocked.
Really, really weak and pathetic attempt to lure us who want RMG to buy the game. They never said it will be this bad. I am VERY disappointed. Guess the only Heroes I should stick to is 3 and 5.
Well I requested a refund on Steam. I'm not gonna support this.

kerbner
10-02-2015, 12:41 AM
I bought this game ONLY because I heard it will include RMG. I didn't really care that it was not in game and instead in Map Editor and I don't care about Uplay hate.
Unfortunately RMG is pure crap. The largest map created by editor is "small" in game. You can't choose how much water/different landscape you want. It's buggy as well creating paths that are blocked.
Really, really weak and pathetic attempt to lure us who want RMG to buy the game. They never said it will be this bad. I am VERY disappointed. Guess the only Heroes I should stick to is 3 and 5.
Well I requested a refund on Steam. I'm not gonna support this.

Same here, I'm not even doing the campaign as they are boring scripted stuff. RMG was the only reason I got this game and it seems like little effort are put into it.
As for the largest map being labeled as "small" I think it's just another display bug. The map should really be 300x300

NapalmEnema
10-02-2015, 01:36 AM
Are you guys getting the RMG to work at all? I keep making a map, but when saving it it starts giving errors that it doesn't have a town defined for user 1 or user 2 then something about because of that the map won't be listed?

kerbner
10-02-2015, 02:39 AM
Are you guys getting the RMG to work at all? I keep making a map, but when saving it it starts giving errors that it doesn't have a town defined for user 1 or user 2 then something about because of that the map won't be listed?

I get this errors too, but it plays still. And towns have an area of control too, despite the said message.
However there are other bugs such as uncrossable terrain.

Multipliershot
10-02-2015, 04:37 PM
Same here, I'm not even doing the campaign as they are boring scripted stuff. RMG was the only reason I got this game and it seems like little effort are put into it.
As for the largest map being labeled as "small" I think it's just another display bug. The map should really be 300x300

So you don't get bigger maps than what looks like is 25% of the Heroes 3 largest map size?
Oh boy...