PDA

View Full Version : Questions about modding

VincLord
09-14-2015, 10:09 AM
Since Limbic do a great job for us to be happy, i have few questions about modding:

Situation: i create a modified town in a created scenario. Question: can i play it (export) to different map and play my modified town?
S: i created a copy of an Assassin's Creed model (Connor for example) and add it to my modified town as hero\creature. Q: can i publish my town? What if it's not an Ubi related model?
S: i find a map that made by another counselor and it is wonderful. Q: Can i open it in map editor and use things from that map?
S: for my Connor creature i need active and passive skills. Q: can i create them through unreal editor?

That is a short list of questions, but i really want to know the answers! Also i want to thank Limbic and Ubisoft for amazing job!

Ubi-MoshiMoshi
09-15-2015, 10:34 AM
Hi VincLord and welcome to the forums,

1. Your new town = one package, you can share this package with other modders to integrate it in their maps easily / and in your own new ones too of course.
2. We would need to do a bit more investigation, but if it is non-profitable, this should be fine.
3. If they do not protect the content, you should be able to.
4. You can duplicate any skill and modify them as you please.

Kind Regards

RobvD84
09-15-2015, 01:32 PM
Ubi-MoshiMoshi i have a question about modding too.
Would it be possible to remove skills from the "skeelwheel" and leave them open? I know you can change them with other skills if i remember correctly. But would it also be possible to make it so that when you have random it chooses random skills from a list to add them on the "skeelwheel"? Ofcourse this list we can make ourself (if it is possible) with the calculation of choosing those skills. I don't know if this has been asked already.

RedPanties
09-17-2015, 02:27 PM
Ubi-MoshiMoshi, I will ask one question as well :)

In the beta I saw the implentation of astrological tower from heroes V - fortune teller. Unfortunately it only tells you the next week without the possiblity to change the next week. This can be used very strategically and it is very cool.

Can this be modded?