PDA

View Full Version : Interesting Read

Jonatom
09-12-2015, 05:27 PM
Fellow Opulencians,

I know its been a while since I posted anything, these new forums are really hard to navigate and what not, but I thought I would post something interesting that I stumbled on while having my morning coffee...

First, I want to state this is NOT ME, I am not anywhere associated with this article outside of bringing it to your attention. I think its an interesting read, and will be a little surprising to some of you, and then again maybe not. Here is the link to the main article:

http://www.johnniefromtheblog.com/2015/09/ubisoft-ignores-a-e750-000-offer-on-a-dead-game/

To sum it up, a group of investors led by someone familiar with the game offered Ubisoft 750k Euro to have 51% of the stock, to continue development and longevity of the game. The individual had learned that the project lead had quit, the development team is all but laid off and no further updates, patches or new content is even in the works for MQEL. This group of folks have tried to breath life back into the game, but ultimately Ubisoft ignored the offer and has decided to just allow this game to die.

Sad imho, I liked this game a lot, has (present tense intentional) potential, but to just ignore an offer to help with the game and just allow it to die, well that just bad business and is a slap in the face to us.

I don't really know what else to say. Been a pleasure my friends.

Jontom

QuadraticAdam
09-12-2015, 10:37 PM
I was wondering how that piece was going to find its way to the forums. Now I know. ;)

Eener101
09-13-2015, 01:32 PM
Considering past comments by Xaero and his ideas about games, I personally doubt the direction for this game would have been that much better in his hands.

XaeroTheHero
09-17-2015, 11:25 AM
Considering past comments by Xaero and his ideas about games, I personally doubt the direction for this game would have been that much better in his hands.

Considering you don't know a single thing what was on our road map for the game, I personally doubt that your post is anything but trolling.

XaeroTheHero
09-17-2015, 11:26 AM

Considering you don't know a single thing what was on our road map for the game, I personally think this post is unnecessary.