PDA

View Full Version : Syndicate demo impressions review thread

AquilaTempestas
09-12-2015, 01:18 AM
Some of us have already played the demo at various cons, and I thought this would be a good chance to share our initial impressions in one thread (so it's easy to find).

I get a chance to play it at the Sydney EB Expo (October 2nd-4th). I'll be writing down notes and writing a review to share here.

If you have already played the demo, what did you enjoy about it? What did you not enjoy?

strigoi1958
09-12-2015, 03:05 AM
It's very important that nobody reveals any spoilers here...

I'm hoping to be at the EGX 2015 at the NEC Birmingham UK 26/ 27 of Sept and I will be taking in every great detail... especially the train sounds... I think a lot of work went into getting them perfect, and I love steam trains. :D. It will be interesting to hear.

SofaJockey
09-12-2015, 09:27 AM
Spoilers are not much of an issue as the demos (from the June tour) were strictly walled off, with no access to map and inventory functions.
Aside of the demo quest (taking down a gang) the focus of the demo was about combat, traversal and carriage driving.

I was a little disappointed about how ACS looked in a video, until I got my hands on a controller.
I found the gameplay responsive and enjoyable to do (vs. to look at), and when you have a responsive character, quibbles about graphical resolution become much less important.

EmptyCrustacean
09-12-2015, 09:45 AM
I'm surprised a thread hasn't been made already!

Regarding spoilers - is there anything that can be spoiled? We are talking about the Evie gameplay right? I'm sure most of us have seen it on YT.

Locopells
09-12-2015, 11:33 AM
This has previously been discussed in the threads created around the demo walkthroughs on YouTube, and the General Discussion thread, hence no thread like this before, but they tend to drop away after a bit, so I see no harm in collating the impressions.

And no, there's nothing that can really be spoiled, from the demos at least, although I would suggest that people remember the usual spoiler rules, as we get near to launch.

I'm hoping to be at the EGX 2015 at the NEC Birmingham UK 26/ 27 of Sept and I will be taking in every great detail... especially the train sounds... I think a lot of work went into getting them perfect, and I love steam trains. :D. It will be interesting to hear.

+1!

Shahkulu101
09-12-2015, 05:16 PM
I'll be at EGX, courtesy of Ubisoft, so I'll be sure to give my impressions if I get to play Syndicate. They will likely pale in comparison to M and Sixkeys excellent analysis but oh well. :p