PDA

View Full Version : A question about FB campaigns

Mitlov47
03-20-2004, 08:30 PM
How long does it take for yours to load? Now, my computer isn't the fastest--at "medium" graphics, it takes perhaps 20 seconds for a QMB mission to load. Yet when I tried to load a dynamic campaign (the Finnish one), it took honest 10-20 MINUTES to load the first mission. And after all that waiting, I was vulched on the runway by I-16s before I could even get airborne. I never tried again, because 20 minutes of loading for 20 seconds of play is just unacceptable.

Has anyone else had this problem? Any suggestions, besides just buying a new computer?

---------------------------

(aka Mitlov on HyperLobby and Ubi)

P-38J -- "A Sorta Fairytale"
P-63C -- "Jackie's Strength"

Mitlov47
03-20-2004, 08:30 PM
How long does it take for yours to load? Now, my computer isn't the fastest--at "medium" graphics, it takes perhaps 20 seconds for a QMB mission to load. Yet when I tried to load a dynamic campaign (the Finnish one), it took honest 10-20 MINUTES to load the first mission. And after all that waiting, I was vulched on the runway by I-16s before I could even get airborne. I never tried again, because 20 minutes of loading for 20 seconds of play is just unacceptable.

Has anyone else had this problem? Any suggestions, besides just buying a new computer?

---------------------------

(aka Mitlov on HyperLobby and Ubi)

P-38J -- "A Sorta Fairytale"
P-63C -- "Jackie's Strength"

Chuck_Older
03-20-2004, 08:46 PM
With about 600MB of usable RAM on my PC, it takes about the same time as yours to load a QMB mission, but on almost highest graphics (I tone down the clouds. They are pretty, but I can't take the fps hit)

It takes about 45 seconds to load a campaign mission.

I have a 2.08 Ghz Athlon, 768 MB RAM, GeForce FX 5700 Ultra, some crummy sound card or other, Win XP, lots of HD space, blah blah blah

Wave bub-bub-bub-bye to the boss, it's your profit, it's his loss~ Clash

SwingerSpecial
03-20-2004, 08:50 PM
I've noticed the same thing - The Gulf of Finland map is rather large, so I believe this is the main culprit for the long load times. I haven't tried it recently, but my system in it's old trim (850 Celeron w/256mbPC100) would take at least 5 minutes to load any of these missions. QMB loaded up rather quickly.