PDA

View Full Version : AEP : Too much sensitivity on Y-Axis ?

rick_475
03-06-2004, 01:02 PM
Is it just me or there's a lot of sensitivity on Y axis? I stall the plane all the time. I managed to slightly change the situation by setting the trim instead of going directly with the stick but it's quite impossible to have good results in a dogfight, mainly because there's a delay between the time you set the trim and when it takes effect. I also changed my Y Axis sensitivity from 50% to 10% and the situation has improved. If you tell me this is a flight improvement for AEP, then i'd say this is a radical change.

I also notice that planes have a lot more "whale swimming effect" (this is how I named it). This is when the nose and tail goes uncontrollably up and down. if my memory is good, I used to get that kind of effect when I was climbing and start shooting at low speed. Now it seems that this is occuring more often and at higher speed.

Anybody else noticed that, or is it my joystick going berserk?

[This message was edited by rick_475 on Sat March 06 2004 at 12:14 PM.]

rick_475
03-06-2004, 01:02 PM
Is it just me or there's a lot of sensitivity on Y axis? I stall the plane all the time. I managed to slightly change the situation by setting the trim instead of going directly with the stick but it's quite impossible to have good results in a dogfight, mainly because there's a delay between the time you set the trim and when it takes effect. I also changed my Y Axis sensitivity from 50% to 10% and the situation has improved. If you tell me this is a flight improvement for AEP, then i'd say this is a radical change.

I also notice that planes have a lot more "whale swimming effect" (this is how I named it). This is when the nose and tail goes uncontrollably up and down. if my memory is good, I used to get that kind of effect when I was climbing and start shooting at low speed. Now it seems that this is occuring more often and at higher speed.

Anybody else noticed that, or is it my joystick going berserk?

[This message was edited by rick_475 on Sat March 06 2004 at 12:14 PM.]

blabla0001
03-06-2004, 01:06 PM
I haven't stalled a plane in months, not even in EAP.

Better check your stick settings or your stick behaviour.

ZG77_Lignite
03-06-2004, 01:21 PM
Though it could be your stick wearing out, patches have almost alwayse affected stick sensitivities in the game, since the original. Try tuning this under 'Hardware Setup--->Input Settings', specifically the 'pitch' setting. No doubt you'll see a world of difference.

rick_475
03-06-2004, 01:44 PM
I found out that there was no difference between forcefeedback ON/OFF except for firing. I wasn't getting any force feedback in turns and that's why I was stalling all the time. I went through all the options and settings of my joystick and the problem is resolved. Don't ask me what I changed, I have no idea http://ubbxforums.ubi.com/images/smiley/crazy.gif

Maybe my joystick is getting old and he forgot its purpose...