PDA

View Full Version : Assassins Creed Chronicles: India Official Discussion thread (Console)

RVSage
09-10-2015, 06:17 AM
http://i.imgur.com/Zxj8hie.jpg

With this game releasing before Syndicate, I thought we should discuss about it. The game also has links to Syndicate, which makes it more exciting. I enjoyed ACC: China's art style and gameplay (The story was a big duhhhhh)

There has been achievements and trophies of the game being displayed across uplay and PSN. I am excited about this game :D

http://i.imgur.com/MdCLw2n.png

http://i.imgur.com/Yezzd4e.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/6eRXGmX.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/7pRd7Lp.jpg

VestigialLlama4
09-10-2015, 06:56 AM
What does Faster than an Elephant even mean?

Also weird that you can do a pacifist run in this game.

I really dislike the entire Chronicles project so it would take some lively and exceptional work to make me feel its anything more than worthless.

EmptyCrustacean
09-10-2015, 08:46 AM
Is that supposed to be Henry Green? Why does he look like a white man?

VestigialLlama4
09-10-2015, 09:01 AM
Is that supposed to be Henry Green? Why does he look like a white man?

The main hero is Arbaaz Mir and he doesn't look white at all (even though as a Kashmiri he should be paler than usual for Indians).

If you mean the portraits in the achievements. Well the one at the bottom "Alexander Burnes" was an actual English explorer who really did dress as a Pathan (he was called Bukhara Burnes because he travelled to Bukhara in Central Asia and dressed like a local). The other guy is William Sleeman, the general who ended the Thugee Cult.

kosmoscreed
09-10-2015, 11:30 AM
With this game releasing before Syndicate,

Is this official?

Alphacos007
09-10-2015, 11:53 AM
I hope it's good, I didn't really like ACCC very much.

RVSage
09-10-2015, 05:27 PM
Is this official?

yes this is supposed to be released by end of summer. According to news from E3

SixKeys
09-10-2015, 05:27 PM
When is this coming out?

I hope there's more First Civ stuff in this game. I played one level at E3 which took place in a First Civ temple, which is promising.

RVSage
09-10-2015, 05:28 PM
When is this coming out?

I hope there's more First Civ stuff in this game. I played one level at E3 which took place in a First Civ temple, which is promising.

I hope the same, the achievements show one of the sequences have a first civ temple. I remember from E3 demo, one of the people who attended the demo, had actually played that level and said game should release before summer end

EmptyCrustacean
09-10-2015, 06:23 PM
The main hero is Arbaaz Mir and he doesn't look white at all (even though as a Kashmiri he should be paler than usual for Indians).

It's not the tone of his skin - it's his features. He looks like a white man to me.

CrossedEagle
09-10-2015, 07:25 PM
I liked ACCC's gameplay, but the story was a let down. I don't get who Shao is a person or understand the box. I hope India improves on the story a great deal and innovates gameplay more.

JamesFaith007
09-10-2015, 09:28 PM
It's not the tone of his skin - it's his features. He looks like a white man to me.

This is one of most known Kashmiri Jawaharlal Nehru and his features looks quite similar to Arbaaz to me.

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/5/5f/Jnehru.jpg

RVSage
09-11-2015, 06:29 AM

India is too diverse for you to say that, Arbaaz's facial features are common in kashmir and some parts of southern india. And in different parts of India, people have different skin tones too.
The north-eastern indian people almost look almost like chinese in some ways. (This includes non-immigrants too). India is far more diverse than you think my friend. There are people who think all Indians look like middle-eastern people, which is wrong

Locopells
09-11-2015, 12:33 PM
I liked ACCC's gameplay, but the story was a let down. I don't get who Shao is a person or understand the box. I hope India improves on the story a great deal and innovates gameplay more.

You need to have seen the Embers short film, to understand both. Rogue (the game) also shows more about what the box actually is (plus it appears briefly in Freedom Cry, but isn't plot important).

ze_topazio
09-11-2015, 12:37 PM
I quite liked the China game so I'm looking forward to this.

I-Like-Pie45
09-11-2015, 05:10 PM
This is one of most known Kashmiri Jawaharlal Nehru and his features looks quite similar to Arbaaz to me.

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/5/5f/Jnehru.jpg

i don't think you've heard of something called photoshop and the whiten tool

ze_topazio
09-11-2015, 05:32 PM
Everybody knows all Indians look like this.

http://static.natgeofoto.nl/pictures/genjUserPhotoPicture/original/36/40/37/holy-man-india-374036.jpg

RVSage
09-11-2015, 07:39 PM
Everybody knows all Indians look like this.

http://static.natgeofoto.nl/pictures/genjUserPhotoPicture/original/36/40/37/holy-man-india-374036.jpg

I see what you did there...

pacmanate
09-11-2015, 07:58 PM
India is too diverse for you to say that, Arbaaz's facial features are common in kashmir and some parts of southern india. And in different parts of India, people have different skin tones too.
The north-eastern indian people almost look almost like chinese in some ways. (This includes non-immigrants too). India is far more diverse than you think my friend. There are people who think all Indians look like middle-eastern people, which is wrong

Agreed, I'm indian myself and my skin complection is like that pictures pretty much. Not to mention that I've seen those features on my fellow brownies.

EmptyCrustacean
09-11-2015, 08:17 PM

Well, I come from London which is very diverse so I know Asians (in England we call Indian people as Asian) are very diverse looking however, that man in the picture just looks white. The black and white photo posted earlier looks like an Asian man to me. The Assassin just looks like Ezio.

SixKeys
09-11-2015, 09:25 PM
You have actual Indian people telling you they look like Arbaaz or know someone who does, and you're arguing you know better because you're from London. :rolleyes:

VestigialLlama4
09-11-2015, 09:25 PM
(in England we call Indian people as Asian)

:nonchalance: :eek:

The black and white photo posted earlier looks like an Asian man to me. The Assassin just looks like Ezio.

Well maybe you should consider buying a book on geography first and try and understand that Asia is pretty diverse and its very, very big. Much bigger than Europe which can easily fit between America's East Coast and Midwest or England which is the 11th largest country in Europe.

By the way Arbaaz Mir is Kashmiri, located in the north and that part of India has usually been pale in skin tone. And since you mention Ezio, well it might be worth pointing out that a number of North Indians are descendants of the Greeks who came with Alexander and married and built kingdoms across Persia, the Frontier and north India. So its fitting that Arbaaz looks a little like Ezio since its possible that both have mediterranean descent.

EmptyCrustacean
09-11-2015, 09:38 PM
You have actual Indian people telling you they look like Arbaaz or know someone who does, and you're arguing you know better because you're from London. :rolleyes:

Um, I never said "I know better because I'm from London". Learn to read, moron.

ETA: Also, it's pacanmate or whatever his/her name is... nuff said.

EmptyCrustacean
09-11-2015, 09:52 PM
:nonchalance: :eek:

It's true. In England they band Chinese, Pakistan, Japanese, Indians etc as 'Asian 'even though they're distinctively different. It's not my rule.

Well maybe you should consider buying a book on geography first and try and understand that Asia is pretty diverse and its very, very big.

This is why I don't take your posts seriously anymore. You're just so condescending and up yourself that ultimately I disregard anything you have to say.

Much bigger than Europe which can easily fit between America's East Coast and Midwest or England which is the 11th largest country in Europe.

This isn't relevant and just looks like a desperately cringe-worthy attempt at you trying to show knowledge.

By the way Arbaaz Mir is Kashmiri, located in the north and that part of India has usually been pale in skin tone.

Can you not read? I've already said upthread it's not the skin tone that's throwing me off, it's the features. If you want to make out it's about skin tone to suit your own agenda, fine, but at least get your facts right.

And since you mention Ezio, well it might be worth pointing out that a number of North Indians are descendants of the Greeks who came with Alexander and married and built kingdoms across Persia, the Frontier and north India. So its fitting that Arbaaz looks a little like Ezio since its possible that both have mediterranean descent.

Yes, I know the story of Alexander and how he conquered the browner people (that's me being sarcastic. No matter how anyone tries to spin it to make him look like The Great), thank you very much. Everybody is a descendant of another race at some point or another. If you're having to go back literally hundreds of years to justify how certain races look NOW then you're just reaching. The ancient Egyptians, for instance, was black/nubian but today not so much and a lot of Egyptians are reluctant to class themselves as black. It's irrelevant.

VestigialLlama4
09-11-2015, 09:56 PM
It's true. In England they band Chinese, Pakistan, Japanese, Indians etc as 'Asian 'even though they're distinctively different. It's not my rule.

It's not England's rule either. No law is telling people to say that, you can always choose to do things differently from society.

...it's the features.

What exactly, is it the shape of the face, the nose, the lips...please tell.

EmptyCrustacean
09-11-2015, 10:21 PM
It's not England's rule either. No law is telling people to say that, you can always choose to do things differently from society.

Of course. However, even the Indians and Pakistani people (born in England) just say they're Asian (some reluctantly and with disclaimers) because that's what they're officially categorised as on application forms. It doesn't mean I agree. England has weird titles when it comes to ethnicity and nationality. in general For instance, POC who were born in England are not allowed to say we're English, we have to say we're 'British' - even though it would be more accurate to say we're English. Of course, we are British but British could just as easily mean that I'm Welsh - which I'm not. But again, most minorities here don't object to it but I would understand why you would be outraged. It doesn't mean you have to basically call me uneducated and suggest I read a book because then you're basically saying that about everyone who lives in England, including "Asians"!

What exactly, is it the shape of the face, the nose, the lips...please tell.

All of the above! To my eyes, he looks like a white man! Good day!

pacmanate
09-11-2015, 10:34 PM
Well, I come from London which is very diverse so I know Asians (in England we call Indian people as Asian) are very diverse looking however, that man in the picture just looks white. The black and white photo posted earlier looks like an Asian man to me. The Assassin just looks like Ezio.

We don't call Indian's "Asian"... or at least not everyone.

EmptyCrustacean
09-11-2015, 10:45 PM
We don't call Indian's "Asian"... or at least not everyone.

When you say "we" who are you talking about? Because in England they most certainly do call Indian people "Asian"!!! Don't be offended by the nature of the two articles I'm posting but I post them because it's an example of how the word 'Asian' is used in this country.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/rotherham-child-abuse-scandal-paedophile-4113152
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/crime/9571388/Muslim-community-in-denial-about-grooming-rings-says-Jack-Straw.html

If you mean "we" as in Indians, then again, yes, many Indians in this country do refer to themselves as Asian, although reluctantly sometimes, and you know it. You may not be one of the ones that do but I don't know any Indian or Pakistani or Bangladeshi person who doesn't.

pacmanate
09-11-2015, 10:47 PM
When you say "we" who are you talking about? Because in England they most certainly do call Indian people "Asian"!!! Don't be offended by the nature of the two articles I'm posting but I post them because it's an example of how the word 'Asian' is used in this country.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/rotherham-child-abuse-scandal-paedophile-4113152
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/crime/9571388/Muslim-community-in-denial-about-grooming-rings-says-Jack-Straw.html

If you mean "we" as in Indians, then again, yes, many Indians in this country do refer to themselves as Asian, although reluctantly sometimes, and you know it. You may not be one of the ones that do but I don't know any Indian or Pakistani or Bangladeshi person who doesn't.

We = British people.

And i just said "at least not everyone"... I don't know what you are trying to prove.

EmptyCrustacean
09-11-2015, 11:00 PM
We = British people.

Oh, well that's just such a lie. That's the SECOND time you've lied in my presence on these forums. You know British peope refer to Indians as 'Asians'. You know it. How dare you say that "we don't"? Those articles - written by two of the most popular papers in this country - proves it.

And i just said "at least not everyone"... I don't know what you are trying to prove.

No, that's just you covering your arse. it's a blatant lie for you to say British people don't refer to Indians as 'Asians' so you have to make it look more credible with "At least not everyone" which is a cop-out. :rolleyes:

SixKeys
09-11-2015, 11:43 PM
You really need to look into some anger management classes. You're very quick to call people morons and liars just for disagreeing with you.

Locopells
09-12-2015, 12:00 PM
I think that's my cue to barge in here...topic guys. And EC, there's no need to be so quick on the draw.

EmptyCrustacean
09-12-2015, 12:06 PM
I think that's my cue to barge in here...topic guys. And EC, there's no need to be so quick on the draw.

Six Keys has been following me from thread to thread trying to wind me up by putting words in my mouth or twisting things that I've said. Does it all the time with people he/she disagrees with.

Additionally, the fact that in England they refer to Indians as 'Asians' is fact. It's not something to be debated. For pacnamate to deny it is just a blatant lie that he/she thinks they can get away with because non Brits won't know any better.

Locopells
09-12-2015, 12:10 PM
And I've said it before, people - if you have a problem with someone, PM me, and give me links to the relevant posts.

EmptyCrustacean
09-12-2015, 12:13 PM
And I've said it before, people - if you have a problem with someone, PM me, and give me links to the relevant posts.

Will do from now. In the meantime I've just utilised the ignore feature for the first time on these forums. That should avoid further drama, methinks.

pacmanate
09-12-2015, 02:24 PM
Oh, well that's just such a lie. That's the SECOND time you've lied in my presence on these forums. You know British peope refer to Indians as 'Asians'. You know it. How dare you say that "we don't"? Those articles - written by two of the most popular papers in this country - proves it.

No, that's just you covering your arse. it's a blatant lie for you to say British people don't refer to Indians as 'Asians' so you have to make it look more credible with "At least not everyone" which is a cop-out. :rolleyes:

What the... You are generalising what every single person in Britain says...

EmptyCrustacean
09-12-2015, 05:41 PM
What the... You are generalising what every single person in Britain says...

By law, Indians are classed as Asians in this country. On every application form be it hospital, education, work etc Indians come under the 'Asian' category. More proof that Pacmanate is lying and thus trying to provoke, Locopells:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Classification_of_ethnicity_in_the_United_Kingdom
https://www.google.com/search?q=ethnic+origin+application+form&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8 (click any one)

Locopells
09-12-2015, 06:09 PM
OK, to put this to rest. Yes EC's right about application forms and the like, since India is part of the Asian continent, that's how they're often broadly classed.

However, pac is also right (a different opinion, right or wrong, is not a lie), not everyone follows that, and different people will say different things.

Now, topic guys - don't wreck the thread.

ninja4hire10
09-12-2015, 08:42 PM
Well, I have no dog in this fight; never been to England (or anywhere in GB) and if it's any consolation, plenty of people in my country still refer to Native Americans as "Indians," which is way off-mark.

To the topic of the thread: If Ubi plans to release ACC:I this fall, they mean BEFORE Syndicate? Seems odd to release two games so close, especially since they'd want ACS as the bigger (and pricier) draw. I know India's probably been polished for awhile...don't know what's taking so long in-between these releases...

HDinHB
09-12-2015, 09:23 PM
To the topic of the thread: If Ubi plans to release ACC:I this fall, they mean BEFORE Syndicate? Seems odd to release two games so close, especially since they'd want ACS as the bigger (and pricier) draw. I know India's probably been polished for awhile...don't know what's taking so long in-between these releases...

It does sound odd, and since I've only seen that rumor in this thread, I'll believe it when I see it. If it had released a month or two ago, it would have made sense, then the Russian installment closer to Christmas to rev up the press. But releasing India now it seems like it would be an unnecessary distraction. Unless there is a tie in, like somebody killed somebody's father, for example. AC3/Liberation released the same day, and so did ACU/Rogue, but in one case that was unintentional, and in both cases the games were on separate platforms. We'll see--Ubi doesn't always do what I think they should.

GunnerGalactico
09-12-2015, 10:09 PM
Things always seem to go out of hands around here these days. :confused:

Well as an Indian myself, I agree with everyone that they got Aarbaaz Mir's features just about right. I'm also happy with the way they modelled Henry Green. I also agree with RVSage about Indians having different complexions.

Sorrosyss
09-12-2015, 10:18 PM
The main discussion should be about it's release date. The actions have been up for ages already. :p Smacks of a delay.

I-Like-Pie45
09-12-2015, 10:36 PM
where's the yoga fire, i'm disappointed

RVSage
12-08-2015, 08:56 PM
We finally have a release date, january 12
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CVt2jeMXIAAEMoq.jpg

chronicles russia releasing on feb 9

cawatrooper9
12-08-2015, 09:01 PM
What weird pacing. China was released earlier this year (In March, if I recall). Then we have India ten months later, with Russia only a month after that?

Meh, I probably won't get them anyway. I didn't really enjoy what little I played of China.

RVSage
12-08-2015, 09:07 PM
What weird pacing. China was released earlier this year (In March, if I recall). Then we have India ten months later, with Russia only a month after that?

Meh, I probably won't get them anyway. I didn't really enjoy what little I played of China.

I actually liked the game play in China, But not the narrative/story. very bland in the story section. The story plot of ACC India seems promising

cawatrooper9
12-08-2015, 09:09 PM
I actually liked the game play in China, But not the narrative/story. very bland in the story section. The story plot of ACC India seems promising

Yeah, story in China was bland from what I saw.

I can absolutely see how someone could appreciate the gameplay, it just wasn't for me. I'm glad that those who enjoyed it will have two new installments coming soon, though.

RVSage
12-08-2015, 09:14 PM
Yeah, story in China was bland from what I saw.

I can absolutely see how someone could appreciate the gameplay, it just wasn't for me. I'm glad that those who enjoyed it will have two new installments coming soon, though.

The sad part for me though, the entire time period and location within india is quite colorful, It has so much potential for being a full game. But anyway they can still explore the southern part of the country, which is very different from the northern part in many aspects including architecture, landscape. Being Indian, it never stopped amazing me. Every time I traveled to different part of the country , the difference always blew me. Why I love my country, so much variety
Imagine climbing one of these

http://i1.trekearth.com/photos/14059/srivi_gopuram.jpg

cawatrooper9
12-08-2015, 09:18 PM
The sad part for me though, the entire time period and location within india is quite colorful, It has so much potential for being a full game. But anyway they can still explore the southern part of the country, which is very different from the northern part in many aspects including architecture, landscape. Being Indian, it never stopped amazing me. Every time I traveled to different part of the country , the difference always blew me. Why I love my country, so much variety
Imagine climbing one of these

Oh yes, ever since one of the devs mentioned an Indian setting a few years ago, it's been near the top of my list as well.

SixKeys
12-09-2015, 03:53 AM
I hope this time they will make better use of the much-touted 2.5D aesthetic. It was barely used in Chronicles: China.

D.I.D.
12-09-2015, 04:46 AM
I hope this time they will make better use of the much-touted 2.5D aesthetic. It was barely used in Chronicles: China.

This. I thought there'd be a lot more climbing around corners of walls to discover new pathways on a fresh axis, but it was very left-right.

I suspect your second point feeds into the first. There was a survey that included questions about ACC:China, and I have a feeling the results were not good. If they're delayed it to redevelop the games, then it makes sense that they're coming out close together, as all three would have done originally (not a month distant, but pretty close anyway).

pacmanate
12-09-2015, 12:45 PM
Might pick these up just to do some more speedruns with Aftermath and WayneDavies!

Sorrosyss
12-09-2015, 07:53 PM
What weird pacing.

Agreed. But looking at the Maharaji missions coming up in January, I suspect there is some link between the stories. The Koh-i-noor keeps popping up, so its got to be in there somewhere hopefully. I'm still secretly hoping for some more Eve name drops, but I'll no doubt be disappointed again.

Wolfmeister1010
12-09-2015, 09:53 PM
BAD Idea to look at the previous pages in this thread, jesus LOL. Of course. Of course.

I didnt play ACCC. In fact I forgot it existed. Was it as "edgy and artsy" as they said it would be? Rephrase: Was it good?

RVSage
12-09-2015, 11:02 PM
story not good. gameplay was good

pacmanate
12-09-2015, 11:57 PM
story not good. gameplay was good

Eh. All you did was shimmy or move in all 4 directions, hide, use a rope dart to go across gaps and had slow mediocre combat. It was your normal side scroller game with an AC stamp on it.

These release dates are interesting though. January and February... Would Ubisoft think its a good idea to release Jack The Ripper in January or February seeing as these Chronicle games are out? They have a live stream of the DLC on the 15th so im really hoping the Jack The Ripper stuff will release in December sometime

RVSage
12-10-2015, 02:09 AM
Eh. All you did was shimmy or move in all 4 directions, hide, use a rope dart to go across gaps and had slow mediocre combat. It was your normal side scroller game with an AC stamp on it.

These release dates are interesting though. January and February... Would Ubisoft think its a good idea to release Jack The Ripper in January or February seeing as these Chronicle games are out? They have a live stream of the DLC on the 15th so im really hoping the Jack The Ripper stuff will release in December sometime

When you try to get the maximum level score on all levels (i.e shadow gold throughout and side missions) , you will appreciate the challenge I guess. shadow gold encourages you to use your tools effectively. That's why I enjoyed it. Complete all levels in shadow gold . :)

pacmanate
12-10-2015, 01:00 PM
When you try to get the maximum level score on all levels (i.e shadow gold throughout and side missions) , you will appreciate the challenge I guess. shadow gold encourages you to use your tools effectively. That's why I enjoyed it. Complete all levels in shadow gold . :)

That's fair enough that it gives you a challenge if you want to get Shadow Gold on everything, but that doesn't improve the gameplay mechanics.

ImaginaryRuins
12-11-2015, 02:03 PM
I hate all those combat-related achievements especially when they demand so many kills. From AC China, I felt the Chronicles trilogy is to emphasize stealth and killing no one except targets.

pacmanate
12-11-2015, 02:22 PM
I hate all those combat-related achievements especially when they demand so many kills. From AC China, I felt the Chronicles trilogy is to emphasize stealth and killing no one except targets.

I hate AC achievements/collectibles/"challenges" in general. They are always over the top and make no sense.