PDA

View Full Version : Personal Journal Request

Eat_My_Shortz
07-26-2004, 06:59 AM
We saw a shot of the personal journal (I think it is anyway) here:
http://forums.ubi.com/eve/forums?a=tpc&s=400102&f=774101533&m=470106565

It looks like you can put pictures into it- great.
But I have a bit of a request:
Can the Journal be saved in HTML format as it was in Path of the Shell. The ability to read, edit and copy/paste outside the game was great.

Also would it be possible to make a Ctrl-C, Ctrl-V Windows/Mac Clipboard inside the game into the journal?

Eat_My_Shortz
07-26-2004, 06:59 AM
We saw a shot of the personal journal (I think it is anyway) here:
http://forums.ubi.com/eve/forums?a=tpc&s=400102&f=774101533&m=470106565

It looks like you can put pictures into it- great.
But I have a bit of a request:
Can the Journal be saved in HTML format as it was in Path of the Shell. The ability to read, edit and copy/paste outside the game was great.

Also would it be possible to make a Ctrl-C, Ctrl-V Windows/Mac Clipboard inside the game into the journal?

jetuserX
07-26-2004, 09:33 AM
its not verified that it IS a journal

Devokan80
07-26-2004, 12:32 PM
I'm pretty sure that it is a journal and I think that it has been confirmed, also I heard somewhere that it is automatically saved in HTML format so that you can output it to wherever, as for the copy and paste function I'm not sure if that will be available or not, but I'm guessing that it will.

Eat_My_Shortz
07-26-2004, 05:42 PM
Cool. Yeah jetuser I'm pretty sure its a journal. After all I don't think you'll find a note left by Atrus to say "Mysterium Rocks!" - its custom text.

Good about HTML. But you said you heard it "somewhere"... are you sure you didn't hear this about Uru: Path of the Shell, because they've got an HTML journal?

Grehn
07-27-2004, 06:02 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by jetuserX:
its not verified that it IS a journal<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I can verify that it IS a journal! That's a screen shot taken of the M4 presentation. Patrick was typing that message into it as that photo was taken (he actually misspelled "rocks" the first time and had to correct it!).

He was also asked if the journal contents could be saved (in HTML, like PotS) and his response was NO. There are too many other aspects of the game that they need to complete to make the deadline date.

You will be able to take photos too.

Hope this helps!
-Grehn

Devokan80
07-27-2004, 07:43 PM
Now that I think of it, it might have very well been for URU...*goes off to try to find it somewhere* I will confirm if I find it...

Eat_My_Shortz
07-27-2004, 11:11 PM
No HTML because of time constraints!?!? Come on its basically just a text file! It takes no more effort to save HTML than it does any other kind of file!

matt myat
07-28-2004, 01:57 AM
yeah, please html! - probly take only a few minutes to implement http://ubbxforums.ubi.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Eat_My_Shortz
07-28-2004, 07:21 AM
Heh... but if they take those minutes out of the schedule, there might be some blur in one of the images due to they didn't have time to finish rendering.

(Hey I thought they were all sitting around twiddling their thumbs waiting for it to render!)

jetuserX
07-28-2004, 10:30 AM
actually its harder to put it into html than u might think.. you need to read the file for one and you need to determine where the tags themselves go in and you also need access to the pictures you took in game

nmzero
07-28-2004, 02:01 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by jetuserX:
actually its harder to put it into html than u might think.. you need to read the file for one and you need to determine where the tags themselves go in and you also need access to the pictures you took in game<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I disagree. The HTML is a simple loop. It's not all that difficult if you look at what they've already built, (ALIVE is pretty).

To keep things simple, they should be exporting the images to jpeg or some other file format, and simply loading them into the game.

That said, I can't see this detracting from the game at all http://ubbxforums.ubi.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

---------
all ping.

Eat_My_Shortz
08-04-2004, 07:49 AM
I agree with nmzero.
I've written HTML apps - utilities which play around with HTML.
I wrote an application which takes a whole bunch of HTMLs, using a special template format I created, edits out parts of them and combines them into a single HTML file.
That took me a day of work.

I reckon I could write the HTML code for Myst IV in a couple of hours.