PDA

View Full Version : The Thirst Awakens

EmptyCrustacean
09-08-2015, 01:52 PM
There has been an awakening, have you felt it?

Syndicate is almost a month away now and I remember a while back somebody did a poll to establish whether people were excited for it with the vast majority answering no. Now that we are so close and we've seen more game play footage are you thirsty yet? Has the hype started?

ze_topazio
09-08-2015, 02:19 PM
What about the game? is the game excited to be played by me?

dimbismp
09-08-2015, 02:22 PM
I am not hyped at all.I am just interested to see how it will do.

VestigialLlama4
09-08-2015, 03:07 PM
What the hell...I'll hop on board. Here's hoping for a game that is enjoyable and interesting.

Xstantin
09-08-2015, 05:31 PM
Somewhat. Nothing compared to ACIII or Unity for me anyway

SixKeys
09-09-2015, 12:09 AM
I'm not hyped and I'm glad for it. I wasn't hyped for AC4 or Unity and ended up greatly enjoying those. I'll keep my expectations low and hope for a pleasant surprise.

strigoi1958
09-09-2015, 03:38 AM
I'm really getting the itch now... the more I try to avoid finding interesting things... the more interesting things you all find... I'm weak ;)

D.I.D.
09-09-2015, 03:54 AM
I'm clicking 'Yes', although I wouldn't call it 'feeling the hype' necessarily. I'm not excited, and I think I'm past the point of feeling excitement about any game so that's not a reflection on AC. I am going to pre-order the digital Gold, even though I know that's an absurd and unnecessary risk. It's not as if they're going to run out of downloads, I know. Every single extra thing might be rubbish. But it'll be London rubbish.

Sorrosyss
09-09-2015, 11:21 AM
Off topic, I enjoyed Force Friday. :p

On topic, I'm just waiting for the supposed modern day reveal - if that looks great, then the hype shall rise. In terms of the historical setting though, I much prefer London to Paris so that's a plus. And I live here too, so there's that.

Abelzorus-Prime
09-09-2015, 01:08 PM
Maybe it's because I'm a Londoner, that I love London Town! (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QQ-hLcJkHvA)

VoXngola
09-09-2015, 01:46 PM
I wish, but no. I can't get hyped for it.

Matknapers18
09-09-2015, 02:20 PM
No.

Only the modern day can save Syndicate for me. Otherwise, I won't be picking it up

dxsxhxcx
09-09-2015, 03:30 PM
No, while the setting looks interesting, this "Gangs of New York" feel doesn't impress me, it's that awkward "Vittoria agli Assassini" moment we had in AC2 or ACB (I don't remember now) all over again..

No.

Only the modern day can save Syndicate for me. Otherwise, I won't be picking it up

Not even the MD can save it for me, even if a miracle happens and Syndicate introduces a new (3rd person) modern day protagonist, if no effort is put into the (modern) story, a new protagonist won't matter...

Aphex_Tim
09-09-2015, 04:55 PM
Nope, still not feeling it. Though as others have said in this thread, I am curious to see how it will do. I wasn't even slightly interested in AC4 either but I had one hell of a good time once I finally started playing it; so who knows....
Thing is though, AC4 had the naval theme and the huge Caribbean open world going for it. Syndicate so far just looks like Unity but without the customization and taking place in London instead of Paris. And the new additions just don't interest me either. I don't want to form a gang and beat up other gangs in an AC game. Carriages don't look fun to me at all and the grappling hook might be fun to use for the first five minutes but looks like it will make climbing waaaay too easy. It's gonna take away the fun and sense of accomplishment of getting onto rooftops, which is likely gonna become a bore real soon. I've lost faith in the modern day story as well.

I'm sure I'm gonna add it to my collection some day but it's definitely not going to be a day one purchase...

CrossedEagle
09-09-2015, 05:08 PM
Hype caused by Syndicate is actually called Frype ;)

I don't think the hype levels are anywhere near AC3 or Unity, but sometimes I think hype is overrated. I think what really matters is that Syndicate is a good game.

Sushiglutton
09-09-2015, 05:43 PM
Nah, I think it will be an ok game, but there's too much dead weight on this cruiser to turn it around in one go. I am pretty hyped for the movie though after they revealed the cast.

king-hailz
09-09-2015, 07:55 PM
Well it was meh before and now I am officially unexcited....

AquilaTempestas
09-09-2015, 10:19 PM
I'm going to wait until the Sydney EB Expo until I cast judgement.

Until then, I'm still hyped for what looks to be a fun game.

EmbodyingSeven5
09-09-2015, 10:52 PM
nah. Nervous for it is more the idea.