PDA

View Full Version : WOW 3 kills on-line Full real!

sdcruz
02-29-2004, 01:01 AM
After taking note of some of your suggestions about shooting, I got 3 kills in a P40(never flew that in my life - i only fly the 109 hehe)
on a full real server!

Thanks again for all your shooting suggestions!

Cheers,
Shelton.

sdcruz
02-29-2004, 01:01 AM
After taking note of some of your suggestions about shooting, I got 3 kills in a P40(never flew that in my life - i only fly the 109 hehe)
on a full real server!

Thanks again for all your shooting suggestions!

Cheers,
Shelton.

Alexi_Alx_Anova
02-29-2004, 04:18 AM
Consider this.

I've been playing FB online since it came out (& IL2 before then). I like the game because of the simulation aspect of it. I therefore always fly with my cockpit view on and very very rarely resort to external views. Generally, when I fly online I get my proverbial kicked good and proper. I often wondered how these guys can see me from so far (like flies buzzing to a corpse), can get on my tail so tenaciously, and can shoot so accurately. I assumed it was becasue they where better pilots than me, spending far more time practicing and thinking about tactics.

I've recently been limiting my online play to full-real servers. And guess what? My success is much much better. Significantly, noticably. Sure, combat is slower, but I can get more kills and am killed less often. Why should this be so? Because my opponents don't have the advantages of arcade style play (wonder woman view, external views, padlock, etc.) On full real, it is an even fight for those who choose not to use the extra views.

If you're like me and have generaly left your cockpit on and avoided external views, you may be experiencing the effects of even fighting rather than increased combat skill (although you probably have improved there as well).

Alexi

-----------------------------
Drug of choice....coffee

http://web.onetel.net.uk/~alx_747/coffee.jpg
-----------------------------