PDA

View Full Version : Paragon "Master of Magic" and Metamagic

ChrisD.1
09-07-2015, 09:28 AM
Now that Metamagic gives you the opportunity to cast spells at a higher rank, it becomes essentially the same with the grand master skill of paragon ability (master of magic).
So when playing academy there are two classes that grand master in paragon and metamagic, which makes paragon useless. Those classes are "wizard" and "alchemist".
change their paragon grand master to something else like, prime magic, or water magic or explorer. Just that. It is the easiest fix and will refresh the academy heroes classes.

GamerSerg
09-07-2015, 02:37 PM
Not really.

With the paragon ability you can cast at master level right from the beginning of combat (if you have at least novice skill), while meta magic takes time to build up before you can cast at higher rank but doesn't require the skill investment.

ChrisD.1
09-07-2015, 02:54 PM
Not really.

With the paragon ability you can cast at master level right from the beginning of combat (if you have at least novice skill), while meta magic takes time to build up before you can cast at higher rank but doesn't require the skill investment.
yes but till you reach paragon grandmaster you'll already have built your meta magic abilities that will give you the desired meta magic points from the second round to compete with the grand master paragon. so those two classes are missing something better to grand-master on, and they end up with an ability that is useless on the second turn of the combat.
so don't "not really" me :P

dvoytek
09-07-2015, 04:30 PM
How can you achieve 10 points of metamagic in second turn?
In first we have 1 point passive, 1 from pyramid and 1 from spell(2 with prime grandmaster). Second turn starts with fourth point from passive, pyramid gives you 5th point and expert rank spells. To master rank spells you need 10 points. Do the metamagic expert perk (Magic Amplifaction?) doubles metamagic points?
I played Polish version and it says something like "doubles magic bonus from metamagic".

RobvD84
09-07-2015, 04:42 PM
I think it just doubles the magic bonus.

ChrisD.1
09-07-2015, 07:51 PM
it still results in the exactly same thing! and as an academy hero you can't really skip your racial. and you will end up with two abilities that do the exactly same thing. one of them is useless after two rounds of combat. or 3 if you want to push it.. better havea grand master in another ability and that's that. why waste it?

MoritzBradtke
09-07-2015, 08:29 PM
gm abilities arent a must have, also there is so Need to invest in paragaon or max paragon out, paragon gm ability is very Special i think, i don't know how good or bad it is Overall but since previous skill is Mentor whats is quite nice for a main i guess it could be worth it