PDA

View Full Version : Game modes

xSigmaXx
09-04-2015, 08:35 AM
Hello guys,

what do you think about a single-life only game mode ?

I'm thinking especially about siege from Ghost Recon which would fit very well in my opinion. Regardless of the objective or being team survival, an one-life only mode would be absolutely awesome.

Thanks for your feedback

premiumart
09-04-2015, 08:48 AM
Sounds interesting but i dont know if it would work as intended since the teams would probably stick together at all costs to avoid losing someone to a 2vs1 situation. And then there would probably be a standoff to see who dares to attack first. XD

xSigmaXx
09-04-2015, 09:22 AM
Yes, there would be a lot of high tension moments... You have to consider that there would be a round timer, so a standoff shouldn't be a problem at all (regarding objective based modes) as the attacking team has to be active to win the round.
Team survival on the other hand could lead to camping.

zxGuts
09-13-2015, 05:29 AM
A lot of really cool game modes could be added. Survivor mode where basically you have one life and you all fight for a certain objective (as mentioned above). A duel mode where people place bets on who the winner might be (gladiator mode could be a name for it). These bets gives the winner points which in turn could be used to unlock esthetic content for bragging rights. Of course you have the traditional objective based games (CTF, King of the Hill etc..). Deathmatch is something I would like to not see in this game though. If the demand for it is present then so be it but I find it would take away from the game. The game mode I would like to see most is a 3 way battle between factions. 4v4v4 in a gladiator arena with traps and an objective. Capturing something in the middle where the fighting will be most hectic. Adding waves of npcs who gradually get stronger depending on how many player kills a team has in which turn gives the winning team better control over the objective area.

Do we know if the devs talked about other game modes to date? Also are there more videos showcasing the chosen? They made them look so cool I will probably be playing that faction exclusively.

HoyHoyJake
09-13-2015, 01:44 PM
I think a single life game mode could be fun if done right. It's always a nice change of pace to have that type of game mode to choose from in MP.

Dead1y-Derri
09-15-2015, 08:03 PM
Single life mode would be cool, but I honestly don't know how well it would play out. I think it would end up just teams of people frightened to make the first move.

An0ther_Player
09-21-2015, 11:12 PM
Personally i'd only like to see single life in a quick match or duel game modes. Otherwise i think matches will be over very quickly and it will be difficult to ever get the end of a battle.