Locopells
09-02-2015, 05:55 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0_Z9elIIcxY&feature=youtu.be

ze_topazio
09-02-2015, 06:03 PM
A wild Assassin_M appears!

Sushiglutton
09-02-2015, 06:15 PM
M looking sharp, asking the right question! Nice to see he's still around even though he's upgraded from the porridge of the forum trenches to the odeuvres of the Ubi Manor ;).

ze_topazio
09-02-2015, 06:25 PM
Assassin_M now attends official events and stuff, he has become a sellout. :mad:

:cool:

harsab
09-02-2015, 06:52 PM
It should be interesting to see how the Kenways made a difference in London. I wonder how their story will tie in.

Pandassin
09-02-2015, 07:04 PM
I'm so glad to hear Edward Kenway is going to have some mentioning/easter eggs. I hope there's an easter egg where you go to the Kenway manor and see the Kenway ghosts (like the AC2 easter egg). That would be pretty sweet!

VestigialLlama4
09-02-2015, 07:12 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0_Z9elIIcxY&feature=youtu.be

You notice how he never exactly answered the specific question of how the missions split between Jacob and Evie.

And yeah, we are getting information on the Kenways, so yes, Edward's adventures in England will be there in backstory.

Shahkulu101
09-02-2015, 07:13 PM
Exciting news about the Kenways!

Getting to explore Kenway manor would be amazing, annnnddd probably really sad at the same time. (still bitter about how lame Edward's death is)

It would be kinda cool, and quite fitting, if Jacob and Evie both looked up to Edward - but in different ways. Jacob for his brash, swashbuckling nature and Evie for his later life as a reformed man and dedicated Assassin.

Sorrosyss
09-02-2015, 07:25 PM
Very cool for ubi to feature fan tweets in this. Engaging the online community ;)

...also freaked me out a little when my name popped up. :p

Mr.Black24
09-02-2015, 07:36 PM
I hope we can hear more on how Connor ended up, as I doubt you can leave him out of a Kenway mention.

VestigialLlama4
09-02-2015, 07:54 PM
Well I don't know if the Kenway Mansion is a real thing since the house got burnt down in the attack on Edward and was later rebuilt by his widow. Then Jenny was living there as a spinster till she was old and she didn't have any descendants, so legally the house would come into Connor's possession though the fact that he killed his father would complicate inheritance and of course him being an American. They also say that the Templars have run London since Edward died so it seems unlikely and dodgy for Connor to involve himself in that, since he's likely persona non grata in England.

I hope we can hear more on how Connor ended up, as I doubt you can leave him out of a Kenway mention.

Well they left him out of Black Flag and Rogue didn't they?

SixKeys
09-02-2015, 08:23 PM
I spy some familiar faces. http://static5.cdn.ubi.com/u/ubiforums/20130918.419/images/smilies/biggrin.png

Ooh, the double narrative missions sound interesting. It sounds like it could add more replay value to be able to do the same missions from different perspectives and get exclusive cut scenes and whatnot.

True enough, but those at least have the excuse of being set before he was born.

BananaBlighter
09-02-2015, 08:28 PM
Nice to hear that about the Kenways. Disappointing that they didn't actually answer the story split question, which is worrying, however they did mention missions that use either protagonist, with the narrative changing depending on who you play as, which sounds cool, but is probably a lot less spectacular than I'm imagining it to be.

EmptyCrustacean
09-02-2015, 08:35 PM
We all know that the story split will be 80% Jacob and 20% Evie so I don't know why people are disappointed.

VestigialLlama4
09-02-2015, 08:48 PM
Ooh, the double narrative missions sound interesting. It sounds like it could add more replay value to be able to do the same missions from different perspectives and get exclusive cut scenes and whatnot.

It kind of evolves from the end of rogue/start of Unity, we have the same memory location and event but seen from different perspectives. Since the heroes are twins they should logically have had a lot of common memories and events which they shared with each other. This is one reason I like multiple protagonists because for a game that is highly linear like AC its a crucial way to add something modular and its more interesting in some ways than a choice mechanic.

True enough, but those at least have the excuse of being set before he was born.

Excuses are just that, excuses and not a good answer.

Shahkulu101
09-02-2015, 08:53 PM
They won't mention Connor, it's pretty clear the developers hold a special contempt for him.

BananaBlighter
09-02-2015, 08:56 PM
We all know that the story split will be 80% Jacob and 20% Evie so I don't know why people are disappointed.

Wasn't that info from before the actual reveal? While it's probably true as the other info released just before was also true, it's still not an officially confirmed fact. I was just being hopeful :D

Locopells
09-03-2015, 12:08 AM
Well I don't know if the Kenway Mansion is a real thing since the house got burnt down in the attack on Edward and was later rebuilt by his widow. Then Jenny was living there as a spinster till she was old and she didn't have any descendants, so legally the house would come into Connor's possession though the fact that he killed his father would complicate inheritance and of course him being an American. They also say that the Templars have run London since Edward died so it seems unlikely and dodgy for Connor to involve himself in that, since he's likely persona non grata in England.

By English law, he would have been illegitimate anyway, plus the fact that there's no proof, the whole question is academic. It will have gone to whoever she left it too, or been sold off if she didn't.

Actually they didn't:

Arno's father mentions him in the last bit in Paris, in ACRo - the only segment out of both games that takes place after Connor was born...

EmptyCrustacean
09-03-2015, 05:12 AM
They won't mention Connor, it's pretty clear the developers hold a special contempt for him.

Probably because the fans do.

HDinHB
09-03-2015, 05:41 AM
Actually they didn't:

Arno's father mentions him in the last bit in Paris, in ACRo - the only segment out of both games that takes place after Connor was born...

Good point, Loco. Plus there have been Connor outfits, ship upgrades, etc., in every game since AC3.

I don't think the devs contemn Connor; I think they don't know what to do with him.

VestigialLlama4
09-03-2015, 05:55 AM
I don't think the devs contemn Connor; I think they don't know what to do with him.

That comes to the same thing.

They went out of their way to resolve Ezio and Altair's story after all, even when they didn't need to. Like there was no real need for Altair's quest in AC-R since the Codex in AC2 told us all we needed to know about Altair - He and Maria married and had kids, he and Malik became bros, he fiddled with the Apple and became an embittered old guy, he eventually faced the challenge of the Mongols and decided to spread the Assassins into a worldwide organization. The point is Connor is clearly a one game character and he always was, there's absolutely no reason not to resolve his story instead of just passing him by just because he wasn't a franchise and then in ROGUE providing backstory and filling in blanks for everything up to and including his ship except Connor.

SpiritOfNevaeh
09-03-2015, 01:36 PM
Yay, more Kenway material. Hope they give insight on the Kenway Mansion/Queen Anne's Square. Cant wait!

And HI M! :p

CrossedEagle
09-03-2015, 11:14 PM
That comes to the same thing.

They went out of their way to resolve Ezio and Altair's story after all, even when they didn't need to. Like there was no real need for Altair's quest in AC-R since the Codex in AC2 told us all we needed to know about Altair - He and Maria married and had kids, he and Malik became bros, he fiddled with the Apple and became an embittered old guy, he eventually faced the challenge of the Mongols and decided to spread the Assassins into a worldwide organization. The point is Connor is clearly a one game character and he always was, there's absolutely no reason not to resolve his story instead of just passing him by just because he wasn't a franchise and then in ROGUE providing backstory and filling in blanks for everything up to and including his ship except Connor.

I think it's because they had 3 games with Ezio and people were clamoring for someone new, but people didn't seem to like Connor as much, so they haven't revisited him. Maybe one day Connor will get a bit of closure.