PDA

View Full Version : Asassins Creed Movie and Impact on games

jonathan7882
09-02-2015, 03:56 PM
So if you've been following the news you know that the AC movie is underway and events in the movie will impact the game series. How do you feel about this? Personally I like the idea. Ubisoft is working with the producers to make sure the story works with the games as well so IMO this means new directions for the story to take. Thoughts?

strigoi1958
09-02-2015, 05:02 PM
Games are made over a few years and maybe they will use some of the actors voices... whether they'd follow the film plot in the game I do not know but I'd guess not... perhaps just the occasional cameo. If the film flops or is a hit... it will generate interest in AC games regardless.

jonathan7882
09-02-2015, 07:43 PM
I don't think we can loose with Michael Fassbender.

strigoi1958
09-03-2015, 01:18 AM
I think he's one of those actors who always seems good in films... maybe those people are lucky to get those roles or more likely...... they have that something that can make an insignificant moment in a film (movie) memorable... even if the rest is not as good...

Hopefully it will bring some more assassins into the forum brotherhood ;)

If the film is a huge success it wouldn't necessarily be a bad thing to use the characters and the basic plot in a game but obviously not follow it exactly. I think that would open up a whole new string of threads comparing the character in the game to the character Mr Fassbender portrays on the screen.

i_Stefan
09-03-2015, 03:22 PM
I'm excited about the film, I like the idea of the film producers working closely with Ubisoft to ensure the plot remains as true as possible, this is definitely on my list now.

dbm1911
09-04-2015, 05:07 AM
I don't think we can loose with Michael Fassbender.

+1