PDA

View Full Version : Campaign classes: key decision - MESSAGE FOR UBISOFT

Antalyan
09-02-2015, 09:23 AM
MESSAGE FOR UBI:

During the Limbic stream, I have found out that campaigns are going to have one predefined class for our main hero, without any possibility to change it, modd it or to create our own hero for campaign. So it means only 1 our 6 classes will be avaiable for campaign.

I would like to warn you, it is a huge mistake. The class system was designed to allow us to choose our own strategy. So, this possibility should for campaigns (as the main part of them game) too. At the current state, you have one fixed class without any possibility to be changed. So the game will probably become "one played and never more".

This is totally wasted potential. When you can mulitply our game experience through the only decision - adding the campaign class choice, and give the game much more playability, why not to do it? I am convinced it does not need much work to do it, after all, you don´t have to rework anything, just to add one possibility. And since you have done many decisions to improve the game itself, you should understand, that this one would help the game a lot.

If you could do it, every campaign then could be played for 6 different classes - so 6 times with different strategy.

I hope you will not ignore this post and you will at least consider this idea. Thanks.

RobvD84
09-02-2015, 09:27 AM
They also could add that we can make our own hero where we can add thier own skills they can learn (a little bit like in H6).

Antalyan
09-02-2015, 09:40 AM
They also could add that we can make our own hero where we can add thier own skills they can learn (a little bit like in H6).

I think something about creating own heroes out of campaigns was noticed. However, this possibility would be great for campaign too, you are right,

Nevertheless, I think the priority is to allow us to play different classes in campaigns, no matter if through main hero class choice or possibility of creating our own hero for it.

RobvD84
09-02-2015, 09:57 AM
Yes i agree.

Ubi-MoshiMoshi
09-02-2015, 10:09 AM
Hi antalyan, thank you for your feedback.

Antalyan
09-02-2015, 10:21 AM
Hopefully this is one of the rare occasions you will change something for fans requests :rolleyes:

Uheru
09-02-2015, 11:35 AM
I don't know if I understand this wish correctly.... Are you forgetting that campaigns involve story, video, dialog and such? That would mean, they must make different video's for all the different classes, right??? I do not see that happening... Story wise those campaigns most likely also would not make sense then...

I think that it is only important that ALL classes will be used AT SOME POINT during the campaign. Not that you can play each campaign/scenario with all the classes. If I remember correctly this is also how it was like in previous games?

Again, maybe I interpret your message wrong, but if not... I do not see this happening...

Uheru
09-02-2015, 11:39 AM
What they could do is let you play the maps (and the goals that go with them) used in the campaigns outside of the campaigns and thén let you choose your own class/hero?

Uheru
09-02-2015, 11:51 AM
Don't get me wrong, although I think it would be "weird", I am certainly not against this idea and of course it would improve the replay-ability of the campaign(s) enormously...

SSDK
09-02-2015, 12:09 PM
I think, I have the best solution:

Let it be the scripted, non class-changeable hero at first.. But, after you complete the campaign first time, you can choose, whatever class you want, to re-complete the same campaign with the different class..

Uheru
09-02-2015, 12:19 PM
I think, I have the best solution:

Let it be the scripted, non class-changeable hero at first.. But, after you complete the campaign first time, you can choose, whatever class you want, to re-complete the same campaign with the different class..

But then it would still be the scripted class/hero/events in story/text/video/audio. Like I said: weird, but I do not see why I should be against it. But "key decision"? No.

MoritzBradtke
09-02-2015, 05:26 PM
Let us choose 1 out of the 3 classes for might or Magic hereos at last, they share the same model, so u really cant say anything about that at all and it should be a Minimum of effort

Antalyan
09-03-2015, 04:03 PM
But then it would still be the scripted class/hero/events in story/text/video/audio. Like I said: weird, but I do not see why I should be against it. But "key decision"? No.

It is your decision if you don't want to play campaigns more than once. However, for the people who would like, this is the feature which decides if thez will be able to.
Don't forget that the skills are defined by class. So you will have very limited skills possibilities with no class choices.

As regards scripting, I don't think it is a difficult to do it, but even it would be, they could at least allow us to choose between three classes asigned to the hero, thez are sharing the same model as we know.

And about being key decision or not, could you tell me please which other decisions can Ubi do know? Most of important decisions have already been done a lot before, even before Shadow Council started, so i am convinced this is one of the most impacting decisions Ubi can do know without losing any money.