PDA

View Full Version : Q&A (1-9-2015) Answers to all your questions!

Sir_Magnetron
09-01-2015, 09:15 PM
The game will be delivered good guys, i have watched them and they were very honest on everything, they answered everything you want to know. (sound/video is bad in the beginning, is better later on like 5:00)

http://www.twitch.tv/limbic_entertainment/v/13890748

Thank you guys for streaming this! Really hyped the game up for me again! Make it good, i believe in it.

Dethcord
09-01-2015, 10:18 PM
Tbh it surprised me for how long I haven't seen this thread. I thought someone will create it asap.

I now want to preorder, the only thing stopping me is ******ed region lock.

TheMetalfreak
09-01-2015, 10:56 PM
Tbh it surprised me for how long I haven't seen this thread. I thought someone will create it asap.

I now want to preorder, the only thing stopping me is ******ed region lock.

What do you mean with region lock? In what way?

And I want to pre-order, but want to make my mind up after having a real game in the beta, can't atm because of the long AI turn times, want to know if we can see a fix of that before the beta ends.

Dethcord
09-01-2015, 11:03 PM
Apparently, ubi management watches TV too much and thinks that russians die of starvation and are infact living an something like slavic North Korea, and as a result I can't buy a european version (in steam atleast), I guess because EU version is more expensive.

Dethcord
09-01-2015, 11:50 PM
Btw I hope they'll get a balance patch delivered pretty soon, and unfortunately I haven't heard the answer about the multiplayer - is it fixed or not. Gonna watch the stream record for this :<

Sir_Magnetron
09-02-2015, 12:31 AM
Out of synch save games in single and multi player are top priority. They have said in the stream that when 7 factions are doing their turn it took like 6m total and that in the build they play now it is only 40s total, and they still working to improve it. Also they want to improve the AI.

Just watch the stream if you have time.

TheMetalfreak
09-02-2015, 12:49 AM
Out of synch save games in single and multi player are top priority. They have said in the stream that when 7 factions are doing their turn it took like 6m total and that in the build they play now it is only 40s total, and they still working to improve it. Also they want to improve the AI.

Just watch the stream if you have time.

I saw the stream, but still wondering if they get to it before the beta ends, the turn times kills the game.

Dethcord
09-02-2015, 07:20 AM
I saw the stream, but still wondering if they get to it before the beta ends, the turn times kills the game.
It's fixed already.

Uheru
09-02-2015, 12:25 PM
https://mmh7.ubi.com/en/blog/post/view/cb2-a-word-from-the-team

Here I see someone write that during the Q&A there has been said that: "minimap remains visible in town screen & hero screens". Why? I really see no point in that and it only makes those screens look off/ugly/uglier.

Uheru
09-02-2015, 12:49 PM
Same goes for the scaling, they will not change that either from what I have read.

Sir_Magnetron
09-02-2015, 01:13 PM
I am watching the dam twitch but it's 3 hours long. do you remember around what minute they talk about it ?

I don't know exactly where they said it but i remember they said and have shown stuff like;

* They already increased the turn times from average of 6 minutes with a full 7 faction map to an average of 35s
* They know this problem and it was unacceptable they agreed on it
* They continue to work on it to make it better
* They said it will be fixed, don't worry.

Hope that helps, not gonna search the 3 hour stream again :D

Ythinn
09-02-2015, 02:04 PM
I am watching the dam twitch but it's 3 hours long. do you remember around what minute they talk about it ?

Skip to 1.34.59. They load up Irresponsible War with 7 AI players and click End Turn twice to show how much time it takes the AI to make its move in their new build. I think it ended up being something like 1 minute 30 seconds for two turns.

G.oZ
09-04-2015, 12:25 PM
Skip to 1.34.59. They load up Irresponsible War with 7 AI players and click End Turn twice to show how much time it takes the AI to make its move in their new build. I think it ended up being something like 1 minute 30 seconds for two turns.

It is still woefully unacceptable @ 45s.

If you can't see the enemy AI, their turns should be practically instantaneous. AI turn times is the #1 thing turning me off the game, as I don't really care much about multiplayer and balance issues are fixable.