PDA

View Full Version : Moving saves for Ubisoft Games

Nexures
08-31-2015, 06:13 PM
So i moving pcs very soon, like tomorrow, and i was wondering if someone could tell me an easy way to move ALL ubisoft game saves. is there like 1 folder that has all the saves ? im specifically talking about splinter cell conviction/black list and ac games (1,2,brotherhood,revelations,3)

Black_Widow9
08-31-2015, 10:03 PM
Hello,
Are you using the Cloud Save System? Please take a look here-
https://support.ubi.com/en-US/FAQ/60/3888/uplay-pc-cloud-save-system-information/kA030000000eeP9CAI

I would also suggest getting in contact with Support directly so they can walk you through it.

strigoi1958
08-31-2015, 11:08 PM
There is a folder that holds all the save folders of Ubi games... unfortunately... (or fortunately) I am awaiting a new pc so I cannot check its location.

If you have saved your saves to local they will be in a folder....

This thread may well show you where... all I can remember is Unity is folder 720 ... when you find the folder I assume you will be able to copy it to a usb drive or store it somewhere and just put it back in the same place on your new pc because the saves are linked to our own accounts and should still work when you put them back on your own pc and log in again.... but the cloud save would work.

http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/889167-Ultimate-Saves-Backup-Restore-Tool-for-All-Ubisoft-Games?highlight=save

glancing through that thread it should be a folder in your c:\program files(x86)\ubisoft\ubisoft games launcher. I'd probably backup to the save cloud as well... just to be certain.

Locopells
09-01-2015, 12:50 AM
C:\Program Files\Ubisoft Game Launcher\

Copy the entire 'savegames' folder to a backup and hey presto.

With one exception - AC:Brotherhood saves are located at C:\Users\USERNAME\Saved Games

While cloud saving should take care of all but ACIV, having your own backup is a good idea.

Jessigirl2013
09-02-2015, 11:52 AM
Yikes... I just got a new PC and just assumed that the cloud had all the save files on it.

I've wiped my old computer, does that mean ive just lost all my AC savefiles. :eek:

Locopells
09-02-2015, 12:43 PM
Only ACIV (and AC1, since that isn't in Uplay).

Jessigirl2013
09-02-2015, 01:54 PM
Only ACIV (and AC1, since that isn't in Uplay).

Huh? So ive lost ac1.

ACIV isn't that in Uplay?
I don't get how I've lost it?

strigoi1958
09-02-2015, 03:46 PM
Huh? So ive lost ac1.

ACIV isn't that in Uplay?
I don't get how I've lost it?

I remember there was a glitch with ACIV saving to cloud... and everyone switched to saving locally ... so I assume the cloud ACIV saves were not stored. I never checked at a later date but without checking you will not know... I also used to make a daily copy of my saved games folder in case my pc crashed and then I would only lose a small amount of progress.

Locopells
09-02-2015, 11:56 PM
Yep, it was bugged, so Uplay disabled it for ACIV, and never fixed it...

Jessigirl2013
09-05-2015, 12:21 PM
WTF

Looks like I've lost all my BF files......

YazX_
09-05-2015, 10:32 PM
WTF

Looks like I've lost all my BF files......

if you still have the old harddrive, you can try this, its a long shot but it might find and recover saves:

1. Download and install a program called Recuva, its freeware.
2. Run it and make deep scan for where the saves files were located, better to make full drive deep scan, it might take few hours.

once finished it will list all deleted files and the state of recovering, if saves are there then select the files you want to recover and hit recover button.