PDA

View Full Version : BRING BACK Adventure map story texts on building visits, artifact collecting etc.

Souldrinker1985
08-31-2015, 12:38 PM
They were fun to read and improved greatly the feeling of adventure and immersion.
They were present in homm 1 until homm 4, and it was just a sad thing to remove them. Now when you visit a building you are rewarded with a number like +1 luck instead of the story of the artifact of building you are visiting which sucks ball and makes the game dull.
IT even may be one of the reasons why homm games are getting lower scores, the magic of the world just isn't there.

I bet i'm not the only one missing those texts, I'll leave a poll here so you people MAKE YOURSELVES HEARD!
LET'S BRING BACK THE MAGIC TO THIS GAME!

MoritzBradtke
08-31-2015, 12:45 PM
actualy, there were some in HVI on shields along the path, which told u something about the area, i dont think more in necessary and there will be quests in the campaigns

Souldrinker1985
08-31-2015, 12:50 PM
its not the same, when you visit a leprechaun ring you expect to read something about leprechaun, when you get an artifact you expect to read something about it, now there is nothing, only in the campaign, you dont play heroes for the campaign, you play hotseat or online with friends, thats the true joy of the game.

MoritzBradtke
08-31-2015, 01:00 PM
im sorry but i dont think roleplay is a top priority These days People dont want to read textes the whole game, ecspecially when u Play with friends or online it just costs additional time dont get me wrong i woudnt doubt it but i just dont think they will do it again

Souldrinker1985
08-31-2015, 01:08 PM
Then make an option to deactivate them no? Dont remove them completely.
If you are playing the game for the first time what do you prefer? have a story of the stuff you just acquired or have a dull number floating on screen. I think this is a no brainer, people that are playing the game for the first time will feel like they belong in the world, instead of playing a game that shows you numbers for acquiring stuff or visiting buildings.

Souldrinker1985
08-31-2015, 01:11 PM
this is an rpg turn based strategy game, what the hell are you saying roleplaying is not a priority, this isn't starcraft.

RobvD84
08-31-2015, 06:44 PM
Lol what do you think rpg stands for... And i think StarCraft is a bad example for roleplaying. Choose a good rpg for that.

OWtheEdge
08-31-2015, 07:05 PM
I agree with this.
A short description of events when I pick up a treasure chest or something helps immersion and gives meaning.
It makes things feel more alive, instead of everything just being a nondescript bonus point dispenser.

Souldrinker1985
09-01-2015, 12:17 AM
Lol what do you think rpg stands for... And i think StarCraft is a bad example for roleplaying. Choose a good rpg for that.

i dont think u understand what i said

Souldrinker1985
09-01-2015, 12:19 AM
I agree with this.
A short description of events when I pick up a treasure chest or something helps immersion and gives meaning.
It makes things feel more alive, instead of everything just being a nondescript bonus point dispenser.

yea i just couldnt get into the homm games since heroes 5 because of the lack of meaning doing stuff on adventure map

Souldrinker1985
09-01-2015, 10:52 AM
please guys keep voting, maybe developers will listen and add this little feature that will improve the game feel greatly

Dethcord
09-01-2015, 11:59 AM
This is a must have, and is pretty easy to implement.

GalaadleHaut
09-01-2015, 12:17 PM
Not only devs don't listen to the fans, moreover they try to dismiss them and post fallacies into fan forums, I hope they are aware by doing such they make complete fools of themselves.

Envy1337
09-01-2015, 12:28 PM
Damn those flavour texts were awesome many containing mini stories or interesting info it really gave more depth to the world.

Souldrinker1985
09-03-2015, 11:32 AM
yes they really made the world feel more alive, now the world feels fake, buildings and artifacts are there just to improve your hero nothing more, they have no purpose in the world.